Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I've got a question about the usage of the boards on different devices...

I have a laptop and a desktop I use to access these forums, and well, I noticed Kit Ballard had two accounts: one for PC, presumably, and one for her Cell Phone.

I gathered that access from different devices could result in the ban of an account (or IP?), and I wanted to know if this applied to having a static IP for my PC and having a changing IP on my laptop that depends on whatever network I log into.

Would it risk anything negative toward my account if I continued this?
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: BuckWild on December 08, 2012, 04:49:49 PM
I gathered that access from different devices could result in the ban of an account (or IP?)
I don't know where you got this impression. It's certainly not in the rules.

Kit has a separate "cell phone" account because it has different settings (theme, etc.) that make viewing the forum easier on a mobile device. She made and named it of her own accord; we didn't tell her to do anything.

Quote from: Vyse on December 08, 2012, 06:49:17 PM
I don't know where you got this impression. It's certainly not in the rules.

Kit has a separate "cell phone" account because it has different settings (theme, etc.) that make viewing the forum easier on a mobile device. She made and named it of her own accord; we didn't tell her to do anything.

I don't exactly remember, but I thought it caused someone on the forums to be banned because of this...

I believe his name was ZeroMaster... does anyone know WHY he was banned, or so I'm told?
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: Vyse on December 08, 2012, 06:49:17 PM
I don't know where you got this impression. It's certainly not in the rules.

Kit has a separate "cell phone" account because it has different settings (theme, etc.) that make viewing the forum easier on a mobile device. She made and named it of her own accord; we didn't tell her to do anything.
Pretty much this. Using a new account for my Cell Phone lets me load the forums alot faster with out the avatars, signatures, and what not. Also As Vyse said, it's not in the rules to have alt accounts. But Don't go nuts with the idea lol
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: BuckWild on December 08, 2012, 07:09:32 PM
I believe his name was ZeroMaster... does anyone know WHY he was banned, or so I'm told?
ZeroMaster, huh... Doesn't ring a bell...

In any case, having an alt won't get you banned unless your main account was banned too.
This is all explained in the "Accounts" part of the Rules. You should read it.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.


There is no record of him ever being banned. I have no idea what he's talking about.

Quote from: Vyse on December 09, 2012, 01:27:44 AM
There is no record of him ever being banned. I have no idea what he's talking about.

Oh, then... sorry to bother you.  He may have been having issues on his end. :-\
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: BuckWild on December 09, 2012, 01:16:39 AM
This sort of explains his problem, though he did find a way around the system to communicate it to us.

Can someone look into the problem?
- OmegaS3 says Zeromaster is banned from the site.
- ZeroMaster posts with his "banned" account saying that he is banned from the site.
- You link us to the post where ZeroMaster explains how his account is banned from KCMM.

Lol.

Quote from: Albafika on December 11, 2012, 01:28:10 PM
- OmegaS3 says Zeromaster is banned from the site.
- ZeroMaster posts with his "banned" account saying that he is banned from the site.
- You link us to the post where ZeroMaster explains how his account is banned from KCMM.

Lol.

I don't understand it either, but the explanation I got was that ZeroMaster found some kind of work-around.  No details, though.  I really don't know what to believe about it. :-\
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: BuckWild on December 11, 2012, 03:55:11 PM
I don't understand it either, but the explanation I got was that ZeroMaster found some kind of work-around.  No details, though.  I really don't know what to believe about it. :-\
Neither do we. It's kinda hard to understand what you're trying to say.
If you want to ask for something specific, just ask directly, or let him come to us for his issue. Tiptoeing around the problem won't make it go away.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

December 11, 2012, 06:51:05 PM #2366 Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:58:40 PM by BuckWild
Quote from: Miacis on December 11, 2012, 06:07:04 PM
Neither do we. It's kinda hard to understand what you're trying to say.
If you want to ask for something specific, just ask directly, or let him come to us for his issue. Tiptoeing around the problem won't make it go away.

You know what?  I'm just gonna let this issue alone.  I don't even know why it matters to me. :-\
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]