Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 1004855 times)
✿Zelia✿
✿Lady of Ballads✿
Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2430 on: January 22, 2013, 02:05:15 AM »

Nice. It actually tried to join the conversation. But also instead of posting it here. Reporting it will be much faster.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2431 on: January 22, 2013, 02:15:35 AM »

Nice. It actually tried to join the conversation. But also instead of posting it here. Reporting it will be much faster.
    I did noob Tongue i do both so it's not missed Cheesy

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2432 on: January 22, 2013, 02:22:52 AM »

I did noob Tongue i do both so it's not missed Cheesy
    It won't be missed if u reported it. Your just bringing up some random post at some random time in a thread like this. Tongue Because your pretty much getting other people involved in a job that only mods/admins can do.
    « Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 02:28:27 AM by Zelia » Logged

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2433 on: January 22, 2013, 02:50:24 AM »

It won't be missed if u reported it. Your just bringing up some random post at some random time in a thread like this. Tongue Because your pretty much getting other people involved in a job that only mods/admins can do.
    No harm is making a bot known really Cheesy

Aisuru Senka
    The Shmexy Assassin
    Extreme Kitten

That's just bassist

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Pin Collector Hey! Listen! 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2434 on: January 22, 2013, 05:05:07 AM »

It looks like we have a spambo- DAMMIT PRIDE

3DS FC: 3265-5237-3766

Personas:
    Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss)
    Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail)
    Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV)
    Lyn (Fire Emblem)

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2435 on: January 22, 2013, 05:07:02 AM »

Nice. It actually tried to join the conversation.
    Actually, that's kind of a new species of bots we have there. They're a bit stealthier than your run-off-the-mill advertising bots that sell mattresses in the middle of topics.

They just google one of the posts or sentences in the thread, and post one of the sentences taken from the results. If you google that bot's post yourself ("Similar subject was being discussed at yahoo answers last week. I can post the link if needed."), you'll see that it's a common Google result.

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2436 on: January 22, 2013, 10:02:48 PM »

Actually, that's kind of a new species of bots we have there. They're a bit stealthier than your run-off-the-mill advertising bots that sell mattresses in the middle of topics.

They just google one of the posts or sentences in the thread, and post one of the sentences taken from the results. If you google that bot's post yourself ("Similar subject was being discussed at yahoo answers last week. I can post the link if needed."), you'll see that it's a common Google result.
    I can tell it's a bot and new species at that. I call it a convo bot. Not a Ad bot. So it's interesting to see one like it.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Aisuru Senka
    The Shmexy Assassin
    Extreme Kitten

That's just bassist

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Pin Collector Hey! Listen! 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2437 on: January 22, 2013, 10:08:53 PM »

Actually, that's kind of a new species of bots we have there.

Bots undergo more rapid evolution than anything we've ever seen. Darwin's theories apparently apply to the Internet.

3DS FC: 3265-5237-3766

Personas:
    Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss)
    Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail)
    Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV)
    Lyn (Fire Emblem)

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2438 on: January 23, 2013, 03:38:07 AM »

Implement a spell check button? In some cases it could help people to be better understood. It could be used after typing and be just beside the Preview option. I've seen this exact thing on a site I frequent though I'm not aure how it works since I don't have spelling issues.

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #2439 on: January 23, 2013, 06:09:42 AM »

Implement a spell check button? In some cases it could help people to be better understood. It could be used after typing and be just beside the Preview option. I've seen this exact thing on a site I frequent though I'm not aure how it works since I don't have spelling issues.
    There's no On/Off button for users. Only thing we can do is activate spell check for everyone, or for nobody.

I'd rather advise users to use a spell checker from their own browser as follows:

- For Firefox, search for any Spell Checker plugin and install it.
    - For Chrome, go into the Advanced Settings and enable it.
    - For Internet Explorer, get yourself a real browser.
    « Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:11:48 AM by Miacis » Logged

Linkxp500
    Hyper Kitten

Momentai!

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2440 on: January 23, 2013, 10:49:04 AM »

Well, I have frequented one site that uses its censoring function to change all instances of incorrect punctuation, capitalization and grammar to be grammatically correct.

Examples include typing "i" instead of "I," but one thing that would be irritating would be if you are trying to type something with a more dramatic effect, such as "O...M...G" being interpreted by the filter as "Oh...M...Gee" or however each of these terms are designated to be filtered from one thing to another.

This system of filtering could take a long while to build up grammar corrections as they are frequently used, but it does make it easier to read others' comments if they normally type the way they text.  Still doesn't completely solve the spelling check problem, which probably would be better to leave to the browsers and plugins available.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #2441 on: January 23, 2013, 11:07:12 AM »

Well, I have frequented one site that uses its censoring function to change all instances of incorrect punctuation, capitalization and grammar to be grammatically correct.

Examples include typing "i" instead of "I," but one thing that would be irritating would be if you are trying to type something with a more dramatic effect, such as "O...M...G" being interpreted by the filter as "Oh...M...Gee" or however each of these terms are designated to be filtered from one thing to another.

This system of filtering could take a long while to build up grammar corrections as they are frequently used, but it does make it easier to read others' comments if they normally type the way they text.  Still doesn't completely solve the spelling check problem, which probably would be better to leave to the browsers and plugins available.

It would also wreck all URLs and IMGs on the forums, as the censor sysem intervenes before the BBCode is applied. We already tried to use the censor system to replace random words, but it caused more trouble than expected.
    « Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:10:55 AM by Miacis » Logged

Linkxp500
    Hyper Kitten

Momentai!

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2442 on: January 23, 2013, 01:16:53 PM »

You do have a point.  I've seen this happen with images and URLs, but it was never really a problem when we could upload images to the forum itself, which this site apparently lacks or is unsupported for some reason.  URLs were easy to copy and paste into the address bar and undo the word filter's changes if we were familiar with what was filtered and changed into what.

Speaking of images... why is there no attachment feature in posts?  Is it to reduce bandwidth consumption of the server or did you just see no need for it?

Another thing I've noticed is that the hacks are predominantly uploaded to mediafire, which seems to lose lots of files linked from the site.  Couldn't we find a site (if the Kitty Corp site server isn't a good choice to preserve uploads) that is reliable enough to keep these hacks on the internet?  I would suggest ModDB, but I'm not sure how well that would work out.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2443 on: January 24, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »

tbch i dont see any problem at all with mediafire, just make an account to keep track of ur own links, and have ur stuff back-upped...

Linkxp500
    Hyper Kitten

Momentai!

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2444 on: January 25, 2013, 08:33:07 AM »

tbch i dont see any problem at all with mediafire, just make an account to keep track of ur own links, and have ur stuff back-upped...

And what about those who don't do that?  Surely they should do the same, but many don't have backups or even come around here anymore.  Many good hacks were lost to mediafire that no one else has chosen to preserve before links are broken.

Pages:  1 ... 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: