Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

March 07, 2013, 12:15:37 PM #2490 Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:20:51 PM by DarkPika
I'd say I've been waiting quite patiently for a fix...

if you guys can't fix the post-merge to make it auto-detect users on user-threads...
then at least add the option to not merge the post...

if people want to cry about multiposting, then that's their problem, not the mods problem...

EDIT: forgot to mention...
I do very much appreciate the 1-day wait time...
but in some particular issues, that's not quite enough...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

as far as i've understood it, it is against the rules to double post, why would you be an exception?

Quote from: DarkPika on March 07, 2013, 12:15:37 PM
I'd say I've been waiting quite patiently for a fix...

if you guys can't fix the post-merge to make it auto-detect users on user-threads...
I'm not fixing it because I don't consider it broken.

I don't see the use for it either. Use the edit button or remove and repost your post. :/

Where would be the best place to post a topic asking for help restoring download links? I know we have the Brawlvault Community Thread, but I'm talking about one specific person asking for help restoring download links just for their hacks.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]




March 16, 2013, 10:24:04 PM #2497 Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 10:25:31 PM by Legacy
Quote from: Victory Badguy on March 16, 2013, 09:58:52 PM
Yup.  Deleted.  Same DL and everything.

My apologies for posting this here instead of the Brawl Vault thread. Hadn't been paying attention. .-.

Could it be possible for posts to be deleted by the thread owner? For example, if I see a spammer in a thread I made, I could simply delete it without having to wait for a mod/admin.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

That would be easily abusable.
It's better to have someone with a more impartial mindset and criteria to judge what to do in each situation and how to deal with rule-breaking users.

So... stick to reporting to a mod.

Yep. Stick to reports, please.

We don't want to breed some miniature tyrants who would start censoring anyone saying something negative about their hacks, do we?
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Question, which I am not sure If I should ask here or where. If I used to have a thread for my imports, but I let it die long ago, if I wanted to get back to a thread, would it be considered necroposting? (since I think it would be easier than creating a new one) since the rules say "New releases/updates in your own hacking thread." count as useful content. But I felt asking before would be better.

Quote from: Iwvi on April 05, 2013, 02:16:24 PM
Question, which I am not sure If I should ask here or where. If I used to have a thread for my imports, but I let it die long ago, if I wanted to get back to a thread, would it be considered necroposting?
No. The thread owner can bump his own thread. :P

so I see no progress hes been made toward giving the owner of a thread the freedom to multipost... -_-

if it's really that hard to implament,
then might I suggest adding the option to NOT auto-merge the post :/


the post merge REALLY causes alot of problems for me...
I'm limited to using my wii through VTunnel because the only access to net I have is a phone's crappy hot-spot.

my compy literally has no networking, and I can't seem to reinstall windows to get it working.
(a rootkit "ZeroAccess" deleted the tcpip inerface)

and the wii's text editor laggs horribly after around 300 lines.
(not "Enter" lines)


writing anything descriptive is quite a pain because of the post-merging.

PLEASE allow me the option to not post-merge in my threads.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.