Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ahh, the good old days when mods and admins actually cared about this site....

The days when this site used to be god like and awesome... now it's just.. a complete rundown building with people leaving.

https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on January 28, 2017, 04:21:23 AM
The days when this site used to be god like and awesome... now it's just.. a complete rundown building with people leaving.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


fixed

Hell, I'll even take the time to make a spiffy updated skin for the forum for free.
And I'll provide the new flavor of emoticons too.
Can't offer to update brawlvault since Vyse is the only one who can touch it.

I seriously can't believe most people are using that atrocious banana site for their source on sm4sh mods, while we have the best possible platform to showcase smash content just accumulating dust.

Quote from: Asuka on January 28, 2017, 04:54:08 AM
Hell, I'll even take the time to make a spiffy updated skin for the forum for free.
And I'll provide the new flavor of emoticons too.
Can't offer to update brawlvault since Vyse is the only one who can touch it.

I seriously can't believe most people are using that atrocious banana site for their source on sm4sh mods, while we have the best possible platform to showcase smash content just accumulating dust.
At least GB has stable servers.

Quote from: Nanobuds on January 28, 2017, 04:55:07 AM
At least GB has stable servers.
I would have said that was a good joke a couple years ago.
I haven't had any errors or problems with the current server.

I have; they occasionally still pop up, just not nearly as much as they used to. GB probably also has something similar, though, I'm sure; there's always gonna be some sort of server error on every website that isn't uber-famous.

Quote from: windhunter7 on January 28, 2017, 05:07:15 AM
GB probably also has something similar,

GB is stable as [censored], not sure what you are talking about.

GB is more stable than KCMM has been in years. They have an ocassional outage or two, but they fix that up almost instantly.

Yea. I'm not a fan of GB for hosting mods either, but it's the best we got for now.

Now if someone can make a Sm4shVault, that would be great.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I have a feeling, though, that if kc-mm had a Sm4sh Vault, it'd be far more popular, probably more popular than GB, just because of its layout.

Quote from: windhunter7 on January 28, 2017, 05:29:07 AM
I have a feeling, though, that if kc-mm had a Sm4sh Vault, it'd be far more popular, probably more popular than GB, just because of its layout.
Whoa really? Never, thought about, that.

Brawl modding has been going on since 2009, so I'm not too surprised that it's dying, especially with Wii U modding taking over a year since release.
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

Quote from: DSX8 on January 28, 2017, 04:21:23 AM
The days when this site used to be god like and awesome... now it's just.. a complete rundown building with people leaving.



woah, look someone described my feelings -w- Brawl modding (and Wii modding) overall is dying...I wish it didnt but...well, it is happening since what...one or two years?

Well, I wish this forum survive owo

It's not that we don't care. Would any of you really say I don't care?

Quote from: Asuka on January 28, 2017, 04:54:08 AM
Hell, I'll even take the time to make a spiffy updated skin for the forum for free.
And I'll provide the new flavor of emoticons too.
Can't offer to update brawlvault since Vyse is the only one who can touch it.

I seriously can't believe most people are using that atrocious banana site for their source on sm4sh mods, while we have the best possible platform to showcase smash content just accumulating dust.
I wholeheartedly agree. Problem is that Vyse is the sole programmer of the Vault. I tried to do as much as I could with the Forums (Talked to everyone until we finally chose how to re-structure the forums for Sm4sh, managed to get a hold of the dead S.J.S. to help with the forum re-skin for when Sm4sh Vault came, and tried to keep the Vault Staff alive while others just quit), but until Vyse manages to finish the Vault Update in his free time, I'm really limited as to what else I could help with.

Quote from: Asuka on January 28, 2017, 04:54:08 AM
Hell, I'll even take the time to make a spiffy updated skin for the forum for free.
Sure, that'd be something we could consider. Try and make a pilot.

Also, all of us are doing this for free. Vyse's actually using his money to keep this alive. There's not even a donate button anymore as Vyse didn't even care to move it to the board after removing the blog.

Please stop with the accusations; Until Vyse manages to finish the Vault Update, there's nothing else to do other than update the forum's layout, and that's something neither me or Vyse can do, nor do I believe would achieve nothing unless it's released together with the Sm4sh Vault.

Quote from: Albafika on January 28, 2017, 08:04:07 PM
It's not that we don't care. Would any of you really say I don't care?
Ok, you care.
How about the rest of the staff that hasn't done anything at all for the longest time? A lot of them not even logging in.


Quote from: Albafika on January 28, 2017, 08:04:07 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. Problem is that Vyse is the sole programmer of the Vault. I tried to do as much as I could with the Forums (Talked to everyone until we finally chose how to re-structure the forums for Sm4sh, managed to get a hold of the dead S.J.S. to help with the forum re-skin for when Sm4sh Vault came, and tried to keep the Vault Staff alive while others just quit), but until Vyse manages to finish the Vault Update in his free time, I'm really limited as to what else I could help with.
Does he even work on it at all anymore?
Does he even intend to finish it?
Because as far as most people can see he spends all his free time playing video games and the like.

And nobody can blame him.
As someone who works and keeps himself busy all day, I'd rather have fun with games and watching movies than working on a side project that I've lost interest in.

But still a bummer that it's been quite a long time and the Vault doesn't seem to go anywhere.
And it means the site is just gonna stay dead.


Quote from: Albafika on January 28, 2017, 08:04:07 PM
Also, all of us are doing this for free. Vyse's actually using his money to keep this alive. There's not even a donate button anymore as Vyse didn't even care to move it to the board after removing the blog.
Then bring it back, accept donations, include ads.
No need for Vyse to absorb the whole cost.