Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

February 09, 2017, 04:05:56 PM #3135 Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 04:07:34 PM by Gamidame_K
Quote from: windhunter7 on February 06, 2017, 01:13:25 PM
Wait, then how do you rig a model, then, if the bones aren't with the model? Like, how does the rigging even work? Does the file with the bones specify exactly which vertices are rigged, or something?

Post Merge: February 06, 2017, 01:14:10 PM

Also, is there a good tutorial on how to do it with 3DS Max, so that I can have some idea of what to do, to write the Blender tutorial?
Pretty much sure you tried to import the sm4sh model missing ALL files from the folder, you need to have some files when youre importing the model because the boneset is within a separated file in sm4sh models

oh btw before I get warned for talking about something out of place here I wanna ask if we gonna put some kind of data partition for sm4sh lilke we did with brawl? at least for the character files.

Still confused, but I guess I'll just wait until I get to it, and look up some tutorials.

Quote from: Gamidame_K on February 09, 2017, 04:05:56 PM
oh btw before I get warned for talking about something out of place here I wanna ask if we gonna put some kind of data partition for sm4sh lilke we did with brawl? at least for the character files.
There's no point since we have no file patch code, PLUS all the files are in two giant archives. Only way to extract them is with SmashExplorer.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Hey, I was just wondering, since Blender is actually a way to import models to Brawl completely fine, would it be possible to update the link in the Resources page to mention that, instead of "Editing the files from Anim8or", since nobody even uses that anymore, could it mention how it can be used to import models? Also, would it be ok if we had links to tutorials on how to use each program in the Resources? For example, my tutorial for Blender, BlackJax's tutorial for 3DS Max, BlackJax's tutorial for BrawlBox, maybe even a link to the official BrawlBox page, and other links like these kinds of links?

April 05, 2017, 11:34:54 PM #3139 Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:38:28 PM by KingJigglypuff
I really hate to necropost, but this should be relevant enough to warrant a month old necro...

I feel the Forums themselves are in desperate need of an update to the Youtube handling system.

For starters, the video will only present the link if the "s" in "https" is included.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSMCRD35ch4

See how no video appears? What happens when the "s" is removed?

! No longer available

A blank space where the video should be is in place with the text "! No longer available" underneath (as a hyperlink to the video itself). I'm not sure if this is a Chrome-specific issue though (like the code marking inside Spoilers issue). Regardless, it would be nice to see this fixed/updated.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

The video shows to me normally. The message in the bottom does too, though
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I'm on Firefox, and I have the same problem as KJP. It used to work just fine, with it displaying the video title, but now it doesn't even do it.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Yeah, same here, though I think it went away after I started using an ad blocker, so I think it has something to do with that

June 30, 2017, 03:38:10 PM #3143 Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 08:48:29 PM by KingJigglypuff
Sorry for the Necro, but this is something that needs addressing. The anti-bot filter needs to be updated in some way or another.

Just today, we have three freshly created spambot accounts (one of the three were made yesterday), who have been posting in dead threads with semi-related comments, but at the bottom of their posts, they try sneaking in a hyperlink to something.

These are the bots in question.
Bot 1.
Bot 2.
Bot 3.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on June 30, 2017, 03:38:10 PM
Sorry for the Necro, but this is something that needs addressing. The anti-bot filter needs to be updated in some way or another.

Just today, we have three freshly created spambot accounts (one of the three was mad yesterday), who have been posting in dead threads with semi-related comments, but at the bottom of their posts, they try sneaking in a hyperlink to something.

These are the bots in question.
Bot 1.
Bot 2.
Bot 3.
Huh, I'll take them out in the meantime.

Quote from: Albafika on July 01, 2017, 06:57:54 PM
Huh, I'll take them out in the meantime.

I already deleted all their posts and banned them yesterday.

Are you able to add plugins or could only Miacis and Vyse do that? These might be useful:
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1599
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2839

For some reason i cant see videos on the vault entries, i tried viewing them on different browsers, but the result is the same, i tried reinstalling Adobe Flash Player, but nothing, some help?




When you try to view them, does it show some sort of error, is it just a green box, or is it something else?

Quote from: windhunter7 on July 22, 2017, 09:57:25 AM
When you try to view them, does it show some sort of error, is it just a green box, or is it something else?
in Firefox it shows nothing, in Chrome it shows a white box, thats all




Ok, that, I don't know about, unless there's an icon of a red tv like thing