Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 993337 times)
dRage
Global Moderator

• Awards Famous Hacker Fiery Topic Pin Collector KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #405 on: July 13, 2011, 09:09:14 AM »

Well i don't see any other topic aside Vyse's so i guess someone needs to make a test topic there? I wouldn't mind making one to test it.

Even if someone made a topic you wouldn't see it. As Vyse has stated:

The permissions are set such that you may view and reply to only your own topics, but the moderation team can view and reply to everything like usual.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #406 on: July 13, 2011, 09:11:51 AM »

That is a fact BUT it was abput the value of seeing the total number of posts and topics when viewing the main forum page (where you see all the boards wth their topic and post counts)

xmanfit0
    Your Favorite Home Tutor
    Extreme Kitten

If you're lucky you'll die without pain

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #407 on: July 17, 2011, 12:28:05 PM »

Ohai.
    I just wanted to make a request for multi-quoting.
    Perhaps there could be an option in our profiles to multiquote upon hitting the Quote button, default set to off?
    Or better yet, a Multiquote button separate from the Quote button?

And another question:
    If I were to make a sort of newcomers tutorial (detailing the netiquette, tools, posting tips, etc for this here forum), should it be in Introductions, Off Topic, or Help?
    Preferably I'd like as many people to read it as possible.
    « Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 12:28:59 PM by xmanfit0 » Logged

Click on my character sig for a Guide on THP making, and on the Brawlvault bar directly above for my collection of THP videos.
    Brawl FC- 1634-5170-8615

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #408 on: July 17, 2011, 12:32:32 PM »

Ohai.
    I just wanted to make a request for multi-quoting.
    Perhaps there could be an option in our profiles to multiquote upon hitting the Quote button, default set to off?
    Or better yet, a Multiquote button separate from the Quote button?

And another question:
    If I were to make a sort of newcomers tutorial (detailing the netiquette, tools, posting tips, etc for this here forum), should it be in Introductions, Off Topic, or Help?
    Preferably I'd like as many people to read it as possible.

This'd be nice.

Also, whatever happened to the past quoting system? Where if you quoted someone, it'd grab everything he had in his/her post, including a quote?

xmanfit0
    Your Favorite Home Tutor
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #409 on: July 17, 2011, 12:36:16 PM »

This'd be nice.

Also, whatever happened to the past quoting system? Where if you quoted someone, it'd grab everything he had in his/her post, including a quote?

That, my friend, is multiquoting.
    I assume it was removed in order to make everyday posting less resource-intensive.
    Which is why I suggested that it could be an option which, as a default, is set to off.

Click on my character sig for a Guide on THP making, and on the Brawlvault bar directly above for my collection of THP videos.
    Brawl FC- 1634-5170-8615

Asuka
    (@益@)ゞ
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #410 on: July 17, 2011, 03:15:16 PM »

Iirc, Miacis modified something so the quote system allows only to catch the quote of the person being quoted.
    It was because of people's tendency to quote and respond a quoted post and so on... resulting in an enormous chain of quotes that was completely unneeded.

Imo it was a good measure since people didn't pay attention to the advice of stop doing it... but I would suggest keeping it up to 3 quotations instead of 1.

Helix
    Icha Icha Addicted
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Good Citizen Warm Welcomer KCMM Storyteller

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #411 on: July 17, 2011, 03:33:17 PM »

Iirc, Miacis modified something so the quote system allows only to catch the quote of the person being quoted.
    It was because of people's tendency to quote and respond a quoted post and so on... resulting in an enormous chain of quotes that was completely unneeded.

Imo it was a good measure since people didn't pay attention to the advice of stop doing it... but I would suggest keeping it up to 3 quotations instead of 1.
    That's a good idea, And it wouldn't be too lengthy since it's only 3.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #412 on: July 17, 2011, 05:35:37 PM »

how come I'm getting 17 pages of no results

I know there is results, I tried again with a different word and got something similar.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #413 on: July 17, 2011, 05:48:52 PM »

how come I'm getting 17 pages of no results

I know there is results, I tried again with a different word and got something similar.
    Same. Happens in most threads for me.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #414 on: July 17, 2011, 06:18:10 PM »

That, my friend, is multiquoting.
    It's not. It's nested quoting.

Multiquoting is a feature some forums have that lets you select multiple posts, click Quote, and arrive at a posting page with all of the posts quoted.

If nested quoting is what you want, there's just an on/off box in the Admin panel. No way to make it stop nesting after a certain number or anything. I'll look for a mod, though, because honestly not having it kind of annoys me, too.

Edit: And nothing was found. Sorry, guys, but unless someone wants to code it...
    « Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:37:56 PM by Vyse » Logged

xmanfit0
    Your Favorite Home Tutor
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #415 on: July 17, 2011, 09:02:30 PM »

It's not. It's nested quoting.

Multiquoting is a feature some forums have that lets you select multiple posts, click Quote, and arrive at a posting page with all of the posts quoted.

If nested quoting is what you want, there's just an on/off box in the Admin panel. No way to make it stop nesting after a certain number or anything. I'll look for a mod, though, because honestly not having it kind of annoys me, too.

Edit: And nothing was found. Sorry, guys, but unless someone wants to code it...
    Thanks for the correction, Vyse.
    An on/off box you say? Asuka's suggestion for a limit of nested quotes is good.
    If there's no way to implement this then don't worry about it, I'll just go nest my quotes manually.
    ...Even if they don't look right. Sad
    « Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 09:08:51 PM by xmanfit0 » Logged

Brawl FC- 1634-5170-8615

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #416 on: July 23, 2011, 07:57:46 PM »

To whom it may concern: admins and mods are now subject to the warning system.

Vyse climbed a rung on his echeladder! He is now a Programming Prodigy!

(Actually it wasn't hard at all)
    « Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 08:17:41 PM by Vyse » Logged

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #417 on: July 23, 2011, 08:30:52 PM »

So PAVGN won't stop pestering me about Eldiran's Zero with him using the sword and keep constantly reporting it just because he turns around whenever he uses 2 items. Cracker Launcher and Ray Gun.

This is probably a small problem with the animations, but over 1000 people have downloaded it and not one has complained or bothered to mention it until he decided to. I have no intention or reason to bother fixing such a small and minor problem and have asked him to stop being so needlessly persistent about it, however he insists on reporting it constantly until I fix it despite my not really being a hacker anymore.

That or he wants me to put it in the description that it happens, but once again, I don't see a reason to since no one else seems to care. Plus Beyond edited Zero's animations, not me, so I wouldn't know how if anything was actually changed in the animation or how to fix it. - -'

In any case, would someone mind politely asking him to stop? Being bothered day to day over something so small is rather irritating.

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #418 on: July 23, 2011, 08:35:32 PM »

Sounds like a valid report to me. Whether you "intend to fix it" is irrelevant.

With the time you spent writing that post, you could have added a note to the description and gone about your night. Really, what's it hurt to have it?

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #419 on: July 23, 2011, 08:38:15 PM »

Because it's not hurting anything NOT to have it either. - -

Pages:  1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: