Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 993303 times)
Vyse
Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #660 on: August 18, 2011, 10:54:22 AM »

I cannot fathom why you guys are making any kind of fuss about multiple accounts.

If it's really that big a deal, we can ban them again, but I just don't get it.

The only legitimate objection I've seen so far is poll stuffing, and if that really bothers you... I guess you and I have different perspectives on things.

Moderation evasion is a concern, but I have a feeling that would happen regardless of a rule forbidding it. A person who broke one rule isn't going to have many qualms about breaking another.

Like I said, if popular opinion wants to ban them, we can. But I want to see some reasons.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #661 on: August 18, 2011, 12:38:06 PM »

There we go.

I took the liberty to remove the inverted commas from his username, and sent a private message to him, indicating my reasons in doing so. You should be able to contact him by now. :3

See you later. ^^

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #662 on: August 18, 2011, 02:43:56 PM »

My view on multiple accounts.

What's the point of even having more than one? I've seen people complaining in popular vertex threads about people making multiple accounts to vote more than once. You vote, and then you never see the account again. Also, look at Beastman. He had 2 accounts, "TheBeastman" and the recently banned "TBM." He really had no reason to upload his stuff to BrawlVault on 2 seperate accounts. Why not just keep one account and not 2? I see no real reason to have more than one account...

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #663 on: August 18, 2011, 02:48:56 PM »

My view on multiple accounts.

What's the point of even having more than one? I've seen people complaining in popular vertex threads about people making multiple accounts to vote more than once. You vote, and then you never see the account again. Also, look at Beastman. He had 2 accounts, "TheBeastman" and the recently banned "TBM." He really had no reason to upload his stuff to BrawlVault on 2 seperate accounts. Why not just keep one account and not 2? I see no real reason to have more than one account...
    There's no reason to not to have them, either. The ONLY thing that I see as negative are Vertexing Polls, other than that, nothing else.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #664 on: August 18, 2011, 02:51:04 PM »

There's no reason to not to have them, either. The ONLY thing that I see as negative are Vertexing Polls, other than that, nothing else.
    Try this:

A guy has 2 accounts, 1 used to "flame" someone while the other is used by him to "help" the victim being "flamed". Using 2 accounts can earn you "trust" with victims and thus create false friendships.. I see more problems coming from multi-accounts then having joy from them. In my opinion it's stupid to have 2 or more accounts on here.

And allowing it to happen is even more stupid since you create an opportunity for them to make it happen legally.
    « Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:53:24 PM by Celsius » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #665 on: August 18, 2011, 02:56:15 PM »

Try this:

A guy has 2 accounts, 1 used to "flame" someone while the other is used by him to "help" the victim being "flamed". Using 2 accounts can earn you "trust" with victims and thus create false friendships.. I see more problems coming from multi-accounts then having joy from them. In my opinion it's stupid to have 2 or more accounts on here.

And allowing it to happen is even more stupid since you create an opportunity for them to make it happen legally.
    Weird example, but thanks for backing me up.

@Wolfric
    Why do you even WANT to have multiple accounts (besides voting more than once in a thread)? I would never make another account since I am perfectly fine with mine.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Infernape
    Holy Kitten

I have Eye Goals

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #666 on: August 18, 2011, 03:02:22 PM »

@Wolfric
    Why do you even WANT to have multiple accounts (besides voting more than once in a thread)? I would never make another account since I am perfectly fine with mine.

^This is TRUE
    why in the earth somebody would like to have another accout? like wolfric said:  I am perfectly fine with mine.

Memorable Quotes:
    Quote from: ItalianStallion
    Nobody posted the pic of the day? Im shocked lol usually u [censored]s fight over it.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #667 on: August 18, 2011, 03:35:22 PM »

So far I've gotten "I don't want one, so no one should be allowed to have one" (because that's a logical conclusion?), poll stuffing (which I already mentioned), and using them to manipulate people -- and while that's an interesting, if implausible, drawback, I think that anyone clever enough to pull that off would be clever enough to gain a person's trust through other means.

I'm not convinced.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #668 on: August 18, 2011, 04:21:12 PM »

You should make a poll to see exactly who does and does not want multiple accounts. Whichever wins is the rule, and everyone just has to suck it up whether or not they like the outcome. Democracy, no?

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #669 on: August 18, 2011, 04:22:32 PM »

You should make a poll to see exactly who does and does not want multiple accounts. Whichever wins is the rule, and everyone just has to suck it up whether or not they like the outcome. Democracy, no?
    That sounds like the best way to take care of this, sometimes one should listen to the will of the people... Or something like that.

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Dot
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic King for a Day Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #670 on: August 18, 2011, 04:48:47 PM »

but doesnt that means that people with more than one account will vote and blahblah?

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
    PM if you add?

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #671 on: August 18, 2011, 04:56:13 PM »

but doesnt that means that people with more than one account will vote and blahblah?

And that's the flaw in the whole system, isn't it?

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #672 on: August 18, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »

On the subject of "poll Stuffing", there is a plug in that prevents that. If you want, we could test that on KcMm-E.

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #673 on: August 18, 2011, 05:09:35 PM »

I'm not convinced.
    Let's try it this way ; it's revolving around the problem of identity. When I talk to someone, I adapt to the person I'm talking to. Like everyone else on this planet.
    When I talk to a newbie, I give detailed explanations about stuff, keeping a rather formal tone, in most cases. When I talk to a vet, I'm more casual and get to the point quickly.
    When I talk to a friend, I'll probably say something that I wouldn't have said to someone else.

That's why identity is important. There are some people that I highly dislike on the boards. And it wouldn't be really hard for any of them to try and "befriend" me like Pride described, for the sole goal, of say, knowing what I hate about them, then use it against me later on.
    I don't know (and I don't care) if you'd find me dumb for "falling for that", the fact is that alot of people would get fooled pretty easily. And it would cause drama, conflicts, etc ... And we don't want that.

On a more pedestrian tone, multi-accounts sockpuppets can also be used to build up hype. Whether it is in Request topics, Vertex Topics, or any topic, really.
    Example : It might look like 10 people are extremely dissatisfied by the work of X Admin, want his demotion, and decided to cause a big ruckus about it when in fact there's only one guy who wants to take him down ...

I am against the very concept of multi-accounts for the simple reason that it gives users more tools to create drama, willingly or not.
    Now, that doesn't mean I'm firmly opposed to the current rule. Reason is : well, we never had any problem with that, and our community doesn't seem to be very eager to cause trouble in general. So whether we allow it or not is not really a big deal, IMO.
    (If we were, like, a 100% Furry community, I can assure you that the multi-accounts would have been forbidden just to avoid the boards from exploding of drama overdose. Tongue
    « Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:15:16 PM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #674 on: August 18, 2011, 05:15:23 PM »

If they make a poll about "account's" the people with more then one account will vote for the "yes" option to allow more then one account.

What i think about more then one account, it is wrong for one reason, once a person banned they will come back on a new account and pull the same crap again, then once that account is banned, they will just come back and cause more trouble.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Pages:  1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: