Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

>.>
<.<
>.>
Is it safe to come out now? Is the war over? JK

Ummmmm, could someone answer my question yet? Why is *[censored]* censored? People where I live use it all the time. Even at school. No one cares. So why is it a no-no word?
My 3DS friend info, just PM me and I'll add you.
Name:James
FC:0216-0855-5243
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: milliondollar mistake on September 03, 2011, 09:19:13 PM
>.>
<.<
>.>
Is it safe to come out now? Is the war over? JK

Ummmmm, could someone answer my question yet? Why is *[censored]* censored? People where I live use it all the time. Even at school. No one cares. So why is it a no-no word?

Ah yes. Sorry about that.
I'm the one who added that one, being told that it was indeed a bad word to use. (Being French, I had some doubts about how vulgar it really is.)

I'll ask some other admins and mods if we should keep it.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

"[censored]", even though used for an action, can be used to be a foul word.

Quote from: Urban Dictionary[censored]
1. a penis
2. derogatory term used to sum up the existance of a worthless [censored]
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



I never heard of [censored] being another word for penis lol that's funny.

Of course I'm familiar with definition number two. In reality, I don't think it's that bad of a word, compared to others.

You guys might be taking it a bit too far with this censoring. It doesn't affect me though, as I have it turned off.

Along with the censoring deal, why is [censored] censored?

inb4smartassestellmesomeonealreadysaidthis

If I would like to call someone [censored]y, I don't like to see that it was censored into [censored]y. It looks stupid.

inb4smartassestellmetoturncensorshipoff

I would like to keep censors on, since I really don't want to see swearing as much as anyone else, so the censorship was infact a good idea.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



I have a suggestion to whoever controls the censoring.
I think "[censored]" should be censored for obvious reasons.

Could censorship be made more customized perhaps? Like, you can have a custom list of words that are blocked, or at least a checkbox with the currently censored words, that could be toggled on and off.
Hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to program. Fortunately it's not like adding a new section to the Brawlvault or anything.

Quote from: mariofan1138 on September 05, 2011, 03:02:13 AM
Could censorship be made more customized perhaps? Like, you can have a custom list of words that are blocked, or at least a checkbox with the currently censored words, that could be toggled on and off.
Hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to program. Fortunately it's not like adding a new section to the Brawlvault or anything.

I support this.

It would be cool too if you could choose what words would replace the censored words if you decided to keep filters on.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


What the [censored] did I just read. Four pages of basically complete madness.

Anyway.

Quote from: mariofan1138 on September 05, 2011, 03:02:13 AM
Could censorship be made more customized perhaps? Like, you can have a custom list of words that are blocked, or at least a checkbox with the currently censored words, that could be toggled on and off.
Hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to program. Fortunately it's not like adding a new section to the Brawlvault or anything.
It would have to be coded, as nothing like that currently exists; and of the staff, most don't know how and the rest don't have the time.

As I've said before about something else that I've forgotten, if someone wants to volunteer, great.

Quote from: Oizen™ on September 04, 2011, 11:36:55 PM

If I recall what vyse said correctly, one week.
This is not addressed to just you, but seriously [censored].

This is in the rules.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=4592.0


this should lredy be locked... it has been necroposted several times, ppl keep requesting stuff while nobody ever does it...

Quote from: Seraph on September 04, 2011, 11:49:08 PM
I have a suggestion to whoever controls the censoring.
I think "[censored]" should be censored for obvious reasons.

I'm going to go ahead and add this to the list .-.

I got a forum Suggestion, seeing as Bj's Importer's about done:

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on September 04, 2011, 08:05:05 PM
I think we may need a new Sub Forum o.o
Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 04, 2011, 08:52:59 PM
"Model Imports"
  -"Model importing help"
  -"Model importing requests"
Yeah. I agree. :srs:
I almost have my video tutorial done though, so that should help some people out a lot. It's not that hard once you know how to do it.
Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on September 04, 2011, 10:03:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM5F7NC7LSs
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



September 05, 2011, 05:57:32 PM #854 Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 05:58:43 PM by LordNOaH
I really hate playing white knight like this, but come on.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=32009.msg663632#msg663632
I'm not sure if you noticed, but he edited Miacis's post that he quoted, stating his opinion and was therefore contributing to the discussion, and even didn't technically only consist of emoticons.  I will hope and assume you didn't notice that.  If that isn't the case, I'm truly disappointed you can't follow your own rules.