Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

So, it was just a joke? :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 26, 2011, 03:05:59 PM
You know that, if we follow that reasonning, we can just re-establish the count for every board.

It would be nice for a change if people actually gave us a straight idea of what the bloody hell they want.

Because right now, it just feels like this whole issue was only brought up monthes ago as a way of attacking Family / Forum Games active members. And I'm not even trying to troll when I'm saying that. It's just how it looks like.

Btw, when I mentionned this in Beyond's thread, I was kidding. Yes, look at the big round smiley. It's emphasizing that I've just used the post count thingie to exxagerate the spammy nature of Beyond's thread's discussions.
We can't even single-target topic for post counting so yeah. Big fat pleasantry.

But considering how people are replying to it ... It looks like I touched a raw nerve.  r)


Solution. Give my thread it's own board on the forums. xD

Quote from: Beyond on September 26, 2011, 03:26:15 PM Solution. Give my thread it's own board on the forums. xD
You. Are. A. Freakin'. GENIUS. :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on September 26, 2011, 03:12:01 PM
So, it was just a joke? :srs:

I clearly stated that I DON'T suggest removing the postcounts from those threads. From what I know the removal only works for entire boards/subboards anyway. I was playing at what Miacis already pointed out.

September 26, 2011, 03:38:57 PM #934 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:39:53 PM by Miacis Ballard
Quote from: Beyond on September 26, 2011, 03:26:15 PM


Solution. Give my thread it's own board on the forums. xD
...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

XD

Quote from: SJS on September 26, 2011, 03:11:35 PM
Then I guess neither of us can detect sarcasm through text.
I did detect your sarcasm. Unless it was double-sided or something.

"just remove the posts count from the forum altogether. Let's not promote discussion at all."
becomes (once translated)
"Don't remove the post count out of the forum, because it's stupid and doesn't promote discussion."

And, as I said, in that case, and if promoting discussion is what's important, then I don't see what the problem was with the Off-Topic posts to begin with. >_>
Because they're discussion.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Oizen™ on September 26, 2011, 06:27:06 AM
and lets be honest, you're laughing at people in the family aren't you? Well so am I.

r)

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 26, 2011, 03:05:59 PM
Btw, when I mentionned this in Beyond's thread, I was kidding. Yes, look at the big round smiley. It's emphasizing that I've just used the post count thingie to exxagerate the spammy nature of Beyond's thread's discussions.
We can't even single-target topic for post counting so yeah. Big fat pleasantry.

That was very trolly of you Miacis, lol.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 26, 2011, 03:05:59 PM
But considering how people are replying to it ... It looks like I touched a raw nerve.  r)

Oh yeah. I rest my case.

Quote from: dRage on September 26, 2011, 01:22:15 PM
Ever visited Beyond's thread, where people can fill several pages with things unrelated to the hacks currently in the making? Or maybe DSX8's thread which is constantly getting abused as a chat thread? How come with all the views those threads have none of this has ever been brought up in the whole postcount crusade? Do I smell the delicious smell of hypocrisy?

Don't forget SilentDoom's PSA thread and also BlackJax's Importing thread as well.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on September 26, 2011, 06:17:01 PM
Don't forget SilentDoom's PSA thread and also BlackJax's Importing thread as well.

I dunno, my thread doesn't get as much spam as it used to =P  However, once I release another PSA, that will probably change I feel for some reason...

As for post count order, it looks like MarioDK (though the majority of his posts are from spamming his own topics constantly XD, no offense), then Seg, then you, then me.  Who's 5th? 

Quote from: ItalianStallion on September 26, 2011, 06:17:01 PM
Don't forget SilentDoom's PSA thread and also BlackJax's Importing thread as well.

Oh yeah, I was going to mention SDoom but his thread kinda calmed down since he "left". And importing thread? I'm out of the loop man lol

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 26, 2011, 06:24:31 PM
MarioDK (though the majority of his posts are from spamming his own topics constantly XD, no offense)

I also forget to mention the DBZ spamfest that is his thread. I need to step up my game.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 26, 2011, 06:24:31 PM
I dunno, my thread doesn't get as much spam as it used to =P  However, once I release another PSA, that will probably change I feel for some reason...

As for post count order, it looks like MarioDK (though the majority of his posts are from spamming his own topics constantly XD, no offense), then Seg, then you, then me.  Who's 5th? 
Guys ...

Members
=>
Posts
=>
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=posts;start=0

It's our buddy NZM. >w>
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 26, 2011, 06:41:23 PM
Guys ...

Members
=>
Posts
=>
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=posts;start=0

It's our buddy NZM. >w>
NZM = <3

Anyways, the sarcasm and double-edged swords in these last 2 pages... Interesting.

As for Beyond's thread, people should really be more mature and stop posting about that MVC thing... I can't believe even after pointing it out, they're goin' at it.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 26, 2011, 06:41:23 PM
Guys ...

Members
=>
Posts
=>
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=posts;start=0

It's our buddy NZM. >w>
With literally only 4 posts below sDo0m (we all know NZM's posts are 99% off-topic anyway)

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 26, 2011, 06:24:31 PM
I dunno, my thread doesn't get as much spam as it used to =P  However, once I release another PSA, that will probably change I feel for some reason...

Well I check your thread from time to time. Sometimes I can't even find your most recent posts since there's so much off topic and hype at the same time. It's a sexy combination of both. That is, unless you put what reply number to look for on your title.

Quote from: dRage on September 26, 2011, 06:36:13 PM
Oh yeah, I was going to mention SDoom but his thread kinda calmed down since he "left". And importing thread? I'm out of the loop man lol

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=17547.4290

Go there at your own risk lol serious [censored] man.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 26, 2011, 06:41:23 PM
Guys ...

Members
=>
Posts
=>
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=posts;start=0

It's our buddy NZM. >w>

Well, you do know that now he's gonna get here and say something about it right?

Quote from: ƤƱƦĄƖƉƠƱ Melia on September 26, 2011, 06:56:14 PM
With literally only 4 posts below sDo0m (we all know NZM's posts are 99% off-topic anyway)

Nothing but the truth.

Quote from: Hooded Man on September 26, 2011, 06:54:23 PM
As for Beyond's thread, people should really be more mature and stop posting about that MVC thing... I can't believe even after pointing it out, they're goin' at it.
Allow me to correct this :
People should be less off-topic and stop posting about anything that doesn't directly relate to Beyond's actual vertexing.
If you (yes, you, random user) liked the game from where comes his next vertex, then good for you, keep it to yourself. Or make a generic video game topic in Off-Topic to talk about it.
But coming on his thread to talk about anything but BeyondYou's vertexes (or even BeyondYou himself) is just a biiig, fat off-topic.

A guy is asking about Vegeta, then either ignore it, or point him to BY's post about not making Vegeta. Or if you're really lazy and like taking risks, tell him to Up The Shut [censored]. If you start talking about noobs, complaining about DBZ hacks, praising DBZ hacks, whatever, you are already off-topic.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 26, 2011, 07:17:27 PM
Allow me to correct this :
People should be less off-topic and stop posting about anything that doesn't directly relate to Beyond's actual vertexing.
If you (yes, you, random user) liked the game from where comes his next vertex, then good for you, keep it to yourself. Or make a generic video game topic in Off-Topic to talk about it.
But coming on his thread to talk about anything but BeyondYou's vertexes (or even BeyondYou himself) is just a biiig, fat off-topic.

A guy is asking about Vegeta, then either ignore it, or point him to BY's post about not making Vegeta. Or if you're really lazy and like taking risks, tell him to Up The Shut [censored]. If you start talking about noobs, complaining about DBZ hacks, praising DBZ hacks, whatever, you are already off-topic.
That pretty much sums it up completely, but with my post I was actually referring to the talk that took place in the last 2 pages there. :P

September 26, 2011, 07:36:58 PM #944 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:42:30 PM by LordNOaH
Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 26, 2011, 03:05:59 PM
Because right now, it just feels like this whole issue was only brought up monthes ago as a way of attacking Family / Forum Games active members. And I'm not even trying to troll when I'm saying that. It's just how it looks like.
Oh sheesh yall, if I recall (read what I wrote months ago) correctly and in polite terms, I seem to remember it was more about the harsh sanction of one of the staff members as well as ignoring quite a lot of regular members saying they liked the idea that got on those nerves.

I also recall making a point to say it was not about post counts numerous times too 0.o