Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 993250 times)
Oizen
Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1005 on: September 27, 2011, 05:31:19 PM »

What? How does this have anything to do with my hatred for the unneeded family thread that does nothing but cause drama and errors on the forums? Im simply stating that he really doesnt make it sound like much work running the place.

You DO realize we get more traffic to the rest of the boards by users and bots then the family right? The traffic to the family is actually kind of small compared to that. Most of our errors come from bots overflowing the servers.

and pretty much all the new additions to the forum required some level of custom coding to get them to work how we want. For example, without vyse we wouldn't have the moderation corner, or the new recycle bin, without miacis we wouldn't have a good award system

Its a bit more complicated then just installing the mods.

SmashHackers
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1006 on: September 27, 2011, 05:34:50 PM »

Oizen actually does going around warning people as a moderator so i think hes doing his job properly
    besides its not like the family thread is going to kill you or something so why bother?
    Cool story bro. And of course it won't kill me but it does make my visits here less enjoyable. First that it feels creepy knowing Im on the same forums as people role playing and second that isnt it not partially the cause of the error 500? This isn't really family related though. I know how seriously you family members take the thread seriously but that's kinda irrelevent to the current discussion. But thank Oizen the best mod we have for setting the discussion over to the family thread Awesome Face
    Oh and yeah Oizen. What could we ever do without that award system? Bots. Yeah bots for sure. Couldnt possibly be anything else
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 05:38:56 PM by SmashHackers » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #1007 on: September 27, 2011, 05:40:33 PM »

isnt it not partially the cause of the error 500?
    That's probably due more to having an average of 122 users online every day, half (or more) of them guests and bots.

I don't know our exact server specs, but I'm pretty sure they're not great. The 500 error is due to overall bandwidth shortages.
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 05:42:37 PM by Vyse » Logged

SmashHackers
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1008 on: September 27, 2011, 05:44:56 PM »

That's probably due more to having an average of 122 users online every day, half (or more) of them guests and bots.

I don't know our exact server specs, but I'm pretty sure they're not great. The 500 error is due to overall bandwidth shortages.
    Ah makes sense. Well thanks for clearing that up before Oizen the best mod ever/hero comes in and posts something very meaningful yet somewhat irrelevent

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

« Reply #1009 on: September 27, 2011, 05:45:45 PM »

isnt it not partially the cause of the error 500?

You shouldn't believe everything you read in comics.

Oh and yeah Oizen. What could we ever do without that award system?

Does it matter?

Its still something we did for users here, and most people seem to like it.

SmashHackers
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1010 on: September 27, 2011, 05:48:04 PM »

You shouldn't believe everything you read in comics.

Does it matter?

Its still something we did for users here, and most people seem to like it.
    I must be a psychic. I predicted that you would come in with a very meaningful but somewhat irrelevent post. Can I be your sidekick, hero?

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

« Reply #1011 on: September 27, 2011, 05:50:39 PM »

I must be a psychic. I predicted that you would come in with a very meaningful but somewhat irrelevent post. Can I be your sidekick, hero?

Please explain its irrelevance, it took work to set up.

It doesn't matter if its necessary.  You could really say the exact same thing for almost every feature on the forums, including Brawl vault.

Now quit your trolling.

Seraph
    Touhou Enthusiast
    Special Access

• Awards Featured PC Core Gamer Hot Topic Heart Container

« Reply #1012 on: September 27, 2011, 06:13:38 PM »

Cool story bro. And of course it won't kill me but it does make my visits here less enjoyable. First that it feels creepy knowing Im on the same forums as people role playing
    Welcome to the internet.
    I don't see why it bothers you so much unless if your curiosity somehow forces you to read what they say.

SmashHackers
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1013 on: September 27, 2011, 06:14:23 PM »

Please explain its irrelevance, it took work to set up.

It doesn't matter if its necessary.  You could really say the exact same thing for almost every feature on the forums, including Brawl vault.

Now quit your trolling.
    You tell me to not believe everything I read in then use your most common attack, post removal. Going to lock the topic next I assume? Also in case you removed it by accident I said that Im not trolling and really want to be your sidekick.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #1014 on: September 27, 2011, 06:16:26 PM »

You tell me to not believe everything I read in then use your most common attack, post removal. Going to lock the topic next I assume?
    You shouldn't assume about who did what.

I see that Warning has had no effect on you whatsoever.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #1015 on: September 27, 2011, 06:25:58 PM »

If the staff is swamped, get more staff. Or just assign some tasks to certain members.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #1016 on: September 27, 2011, 06:39:30 PM »

If the staff is swamped, get more staff. Or just assign some tasks to certain members.
    That's what we're working on with Local Mods. We already have the people and system decided, just encountering a little technical difficulty with how the Warning system work.
    And the idea was first mentionned less than 24 hours ago ... We really can't get any faster than that.

If we can't it get working in a timely manner, we'll have to opt for something a bit more risky for us and for the boards, but something that's working, as long as no Local Mod decides to abuse his powers.

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1017 on: September 27, 2011, 06:42:38 PM »

That's what we're working on with Local Mods. We already have the people and system decided, just encountering a little technical difficulty with how the Warning system work.
    And the idea was first mentionned less than 24 hours ago ... We really can't get any faster than that.

If we can't it get working in a timely manner, we'll have to opt for something a bit more risky for us and for the boards, but something that's working, as long as no Local Mod decides to abuse his powers.
    This sounds good, i like to see some people helping out on the forums. =D

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1018 on: September 27, 2011, 06:43:45 PM »

If you like Mia, I could try being a Mod. I know I don't have the proper experience, but I could always try.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #1019 on: September 27, 2011, 06:48:31 PM »

If you like Mia, I could try being a Mod. I know I don't have the proper experience, but I could always try.

KJP, could you please read this thread and use it for that kind of question ?  Im srs here

(No, regular users can't click on this link. Do not insist, it's pointless. >w>)

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Pages:  1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: