Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SpyroRyan78 on January 09, 2012, 09:43:34 PM
perhaps other should be called locations and objects board, or split them up into the 2 things.
Instead of interface, why not menu hacks. not everyone knows what interface means

if u dont know what it means u can search for it and learn something new... (not directed to you, but to those hipothetic ppl who dont know what it is)

January 11, 2012, 09:18:56 PM #1681 Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:01:23 PM by StarWaffle
In the Tournament section, anyway to cut the amount of pinned topics from 3 to 1?  its not a big deal but there are so few tournies on there.... it makes it look crowded.

Quote from: StarWaffle on January 11, 2012, 09:18:56 PM
In the Tournament section, anyway to cut the amount of pinned topics from 3 to 1?  its not a big deal but there are so few tournies on there.... it makes it look crowded.

Hmm. I'll remove the locked one by VILE.

But the two vish made seem important.

January 11, 2012, 09:32:46 PM #1683 Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:01:17 PM by StarWaffle
Can't they be combined?


January 11, 2012, 11:10:32 PM #1685 Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:01:03 PM by StarWaffle
Splendid, Thanks.

i think that maybe if u put the tourney board higher in the index, it might go less unnoticed, hacking tourneys are always good ways to get some competitive hacks ^^

just a sugestion though...

That might be happening pretty soon, actually.

QuoteOkay so ... as you may have seen, we have reorganized the boards on the Index page, a few days ago.
A number of flaws in the layout have been posted here and there, notably the increased height of the Index page. As a consequence, we're working on a V2 of that layout that would solve this issue, among others.
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Vyse on January 09, 2012, 02:52:43 AM
I can't pinpoint any examples (well, Noah found one earlier), but I know that at least the idea of moving Off-Topic to the bottom has been raised multiple times.

If reorganizing the forum would improve the error situation, you can bet we'd have done it a long time ago.

As I've mentioned before (in the giveaway thread, etc.) the main thing that'll improve the errors is fixing up BrawlVault. I'm taking a Databases class this semester, and while I'm not entirely sure what that entails, I'm guessing it'll enable, or at least inspire, me to help out on that front.

And for some reason I did not anticipate any fuss over this change. I don't know why.
People generally always complain over website changes, because it's something that you get used to and are able to quickly navigate.

I'm not sure why else people don't like it though, aside from the board name issues.  I mean, it's a site on brawl hacking, and we had the least related boards at the top, and the help at the very bottom.  The help boards were also a complete mess, with people posting in the vertex and stage sections asking for help.  It was confusing, and this is less so.  hopefully we'll see less disorganization.

As for people complaining, I can remember myself complaining multiple times to you.  I have no idea how you can't remember.

Just give it time people, you'll get used to it.

January 12, 2012, 12:46:01 AM #1690 Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:47:08 AM by Vyse
I'm also working on a modification to the theme that makes things more compact and (I hope) sleeker. You can try it out yourself right now, though I'm not done with it yet. Go to your profile, click Look and Layout Preferences, and change your theme to Efsane (Compact).

If you want things to be even more streamlined, there are boxes on that same Look and Layout page that you can check to hide users' sigs and/or avatars.

I think it's a good time to bring this up.

Quote from: Oizen™ on January 11, 2012, 01:45:54 AM
Not a lot we can do about what people do in MSN chats, even if we know who it is, MSN isn't our jurisdiction.

I remember a few months ago, I got in trouble for something that went over on MSN.

Is there a new rule or something that states you guys have no control over what goes on over on MSN?

Because really, you guys shouldn't. You're Administrators/Moderators over at KCMM, not MSN.

So what is the deal?

Quote from: ItalianStallion on January 12, 2012, 12:46:10 AM
I remember a few months ago
I don't.

And of course MSN isn't our problem; does that really need stating?

January 12, 2012, 12:50:32 AM #1693 Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:52:47 AM by Infernape99
Looks good, Vyse
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


January 12, 2012, 12:51:10 AM #1694 Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:52:56 AM by LordNOaH
Was the removing of the time/date of last post on the compact theme intentional vyse?

EDIT: I assume so, as everything around usernames on posts is also removed.

Is the font smaller too?  That probably won't make that much of a difference...