Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

I have a question, If an admin edits another user's post because they double posted or whatever, is the user PMed about It?
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]



Well, I think they should be. At the very least they could receive a PM letting them know that an admin edited their post, If not the reason why.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


January 19, 2012, 11:43:36 PM #1728 Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:47:45 PM by Vyse
I really do not think so. If they posted in the thread, they'll be back, and we always leave a note. They'll see it.

To elaborate: I've never heard of any forum ever doing anything like this. Frankly, the amount of transparency and openness we provide currently is already extraordinary, in my experience. I don't think we need more, especially when the current method serves just fine.



Quote from: dRage on January 25, 2012, 09:20:30 PM
... is now dead.

Or was it dead already?
When I came on and checked the link, it was already in the recycle bin.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


These past months I've been lecturing a lot of people about signatures, from people literally using desktop wallpapers to someone having 10 images of 680 x 250 pixels.


So, I want to clarify and ask some things.

Do images inside spoilers count in the restrictions?
e.g. The users who have a signature, and 3 or more images inside a spoiler. Would that be considered breaking the rules?

Could you consider reducing the maximum size for signatures?
Imo, 250 px is too tall, and most people just go ahead and make signatures with the biggest size possible.
It's specially annoying when there's people that have a signature, a "persona bar", a brawl vault sig and lots of text... resulting in scrolling bars.

Are rule-breaking-signatures something worth to warn a user for?
I haven't seen or heard about anyone getting warned for it... so I'm just curious if it would be valid to hand a warning for it... I mean, signatures are part of the rules after all.

Well, signatures don't seem to bother other team members just as much as they do to me ... last time I asked for some clarification on size issue, I got a good lack of answers and a disappointing poll.
So I'd say most of this is up to the appreciation of the team/moderator.

Quote from: cx_asuka on January 28, 2012, 06:41:31 PM
Do images inside spoilers count in the restrictions?
Personnally, I'd say no.

QuoteCould you consider reducing the maximum size for signatures?
Imo, 250 px is too tall, and most people just go ahead and make signatures with the biggest size possible.
It's specially annoying when there's people that have a signature, a "persona bar", a brawl vault sig and lots of text... resulting in scrolling bars.
Last time I asked, I got a unanimous answer about 250 being perfect. Even though the size was extended from the former 200, to 250 without ever consulting the team or any admin.
I personally think it should be reduced. 250 is pretty stupid.

QuoteAre rule-breaking-signatures something worth to warn a user for?
I haven't seen or heard about anyone getting warned for it... so I'm just curious if it would be valid to hand a warning for it... I mean, signatures are part of the rules after all.
Well, not all rules trigger a sanction. At least, not an immediate one.
I usually just PM the user about it. If the user is dead, I manuall add a spoiler to his sig. If the user blatantly ignores my PM, I start smiting.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis on January 28, 2012, 11:24:42 PM
Quote from: cx_asuka on January 28, 2012, 06:41:31 PM
Do images inside spoilers count in the restrictions?
e.g. The users who have a signature, and 3 or more images inside a spoiler. Would that be considered breaking the rules?
Personally, I'd say no.
They should. Not under the actual measures, but some specific ones, as I used to have problems before with the loading of the page and it behaving slowly due to the massive load of images.

yeah, even when tagged as a spoiler, it still loads the file anyways, adding to a person's load of bandwidth.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on January 29, 2012, 05:46:28 AM
yeah, even when tagged as a spoiler, it still loads the file anyways, adding to a person's load of bandwidth.
True and a lot of people still have low bandwidth internet.

Yeah, but these people should just use the Compact theme directly, and hide signatures ...
Yet, there's like only 3 people using this theme, including Vyse and myself. >_>

Anyways, I guess I can open a thread to discuss it in the Admin thread, again ... if you guys really want.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

January 30, 2012, 12:16:26 PM #1738 Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:04:21 PM by Kakalaa
Quote from: Miacis on January 29, 2012, 02:22:22 PMYeah, but these people should just use the Compact theme directly, and hide signatures ... Yet, there's like only 3 people using this theme, including Vyse and myself. >_> Anyways, I guess I can open a thread to discuss it in the Admin thread, again ... if you guys really want.

No,that's fine. Unless you want to go off topic.  :P
Quote from: SegtendoNoobs have been taking over Brawl Vault. ಠ_ಠ

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=40748.0

Would something like this be considered Disruptive Behavior(posting images that are too large, making your post longer than a page)?