Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

I third that, it's really annoying to see people just re-upload stuff they didn't even touch or edit and get the downloads/recognition for it..

Quote from: Shulktendo on April 13, 2012, 10:30:29 PM
I'm curious.
Could we add a rule in the forum rules about those "mega packs" of textures people put out on the Vault? You could group it along with plagiarism.
While I agree that they shouldn't be getting credit for other peoples hacks that they compile, its ridiculous to collab that many people, and these packs get much more downloads than most of the individual hacks on them. They also take a really long time to make, and I don't think it'd be right to discourage people from making them. So idk

Quote from: LordNOaH on April 16, 2012, 03:25:33 AM
While I agree that they shouldn't be getting credit for other peoples hacks that they compile, its ridiculous to collab that many people, and these packs get much more downloads than most of the individual hacks on them. They also take a really long time to make, and I don't think it'd be right to discourage people from making them. So idk
I agree with this. And...

Quote from: Albafika on April 15, 2012, 03:02:42 PM
Recolors have always existed, why are we hunting them now? ._.

Seriously, the only one that should report these recolors are the creators of the hacks, you guys shouldn't voice the complain for them.

April 16, 2012, 08:40:54 AM #2043 Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:44:55 AM by Miacis
How about this for a compromise then ...?

In the case of posting "Hack Mega Packs", if crediting or collabing every author proves too difficult, the uploader may add a text file in the pack, referencing the authors of all the hacks included and, if possible, a link to their BrawlVault.
If an author wasn't credited in that text file and asks for his name to be added, the uploader of the "Mega Pack" needs to add him in ASAP.


Quote from: Albafika on April 16, 2012, 03:30:20 AM
Seriously, the only one that should report these recolors are the creators of the hacks, you guys shouldn't voice the complain for them.
^ This.
It has been said a hundred times, but we won't accept any form of "white knight"-ing on plagiarism matters. If the original author doesn't manifest his disagreement, to us it counts as if he gave his private approval
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

April 19, 2012, 10:33:35 AM #2044 Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:40:16 AM by Vyse
I'm pretty sure nothing got lost or broken in the move, but if you find anything, let me know here or via PM or via my spiffy new e-mail. However you want. And I'll fix it.

After I sleep for a bit.

Edit: Already found and fixed one involving avatar uploads.

Edit 2: Actually, use this thread instead of this one for reporting errors.

Welcome home Kc ^_^
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Apparently some people still can't log on on KCMM.
Like GBC. He still got that page "Maintenance Mode".

There is not a thing we can do about that. The DNS is configured correctly; there's nothing else we can do on our end.

He can try restarting his computer?

Things that might fix the "Maintenance Mode" issue:

Flush your DNS in the command prompt
- Close all your browsers
- Go to start and click Run
- Type in CMD and hit enter
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and see if it says that it completed
- Close the command prompt and open your browser
= If it works, then you're done. If it doesn't work, read on.

- Open your browser's options and clear it's internet cache, cookies and everything.
= If it works, then you're done. If it doesn't work, read on.

- Reboot your PC after flushing the DNS and your browsers cache, cookies and everything.
= If it works, then you're done. If it doesn't work, then you have to wait until it fixes itself somehow. This could take a day, maybe longer.

Quote from: Puraidou-chan on April 29, 2012, 12:47:59 AM
Things that might fix the "Maintenance Mode" issue:

Flush your DNS in the command prompt
- Close all your browsers
- Go to start and click Run
- Type in CMD and hit enter
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and see if it says that it completed
- Close the command prompt and open your browser
= If it works, then you're done. If it doesn't work, read on.

- Open your browser's options and clear it's internet cache, cookies and everything.
= If it works, then you're done. If it doesn't work, read on.

- Reboot your PC after flushing the DNS and your browsers cache, cookies and everything.
= If it works, then you're done. If it doesn't work, then you have to wait until it fixes itself somehow. This could take a day, maybe longer.
i did none of these and I'm back after a day =p I'm thinking there's an IP conflict with the old domain and new...
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on April 29, 2012, 12:54:53 AM
i did none of these and I'm back after a day =p I'm thinking there's an IP conflict with the old domain and new...
Neither did i, but these are possible fixes :P

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on April 29, 2012, 12:54:53 AM
I'm thinking there's an IP conflict with the old domain and new...
The IP on HostMonster was 66.147.240.189; it's 50.63.214.1 now.

It's a DNS issue on the users' ends. The time it takes for a PC to notice that it needs to be going elsewhere just varies. Flushing the DNS cache and restarting usually does the trick.

 
Quote from: Vyse on April 29, 2012, 01:29:50 AM
The IP on HostMonster was 66.147.240.189; it's 50.63.214.1 now.

It's a DNS issue on the users' ends. The time it takes for a PC to notice that it needs to be going elsewhere just varies. Flushing the DNS cache and restarting usually does the trick.
has to be something else as you can't clear a cellphone dns. Cause my cell's now connecting properly.

...Yeah, it just takes time. The computer will eventually notice, regardless of whether you manually clear the cache.

Oh well. I hope everyone's able to return ^_^
Oh if you're wondering about my "dual account" it cause I made an account just for my cellphone to take advantage of the second forum theme you made and turn off all avis/siggies without needing to do so on my pc =p I hope that's ok, since "dual accounting" is rather taboo.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!