Tormod's PSAnimations: Biggoron Sword Link Complete

Started by Tormod, June 03, 2011, 05:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Poll locked.

Filler A
0 (0%)
Filler B
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Quote from: SuperZelda on July 18, 2011, 11:59:36 AM
I come back from my weekly break just to see that Tormod's actually serious about this Pokemon stage.

Well, he's got a LOT of work ahead of him - but I'm working on two separate stages anyway
Yes, it's true. I've decided to explore the idea, and unfortunately for all the other project requests, I think I'm gonna do this first XD

Quote from: ItalianStallion on July 18, 2011, 10:40:09 PM
Hey man, I know this is your Animations corner, but HD Bulbasaur is too epic for words. Texture is too beautiful.
Thanks  :) I didn't understand why Charizard and Squirtle both had pretty detailed textures and Ivysaur's is practically cell shadded. But screw Ivysaur altogether, "I choose you, Bulbasaur!" haha. I'm fixing the bulb tonight, I'm not 100% satisfied with the shape it is now.

Quote from: Royal_Blade on July 18, 2011, 11:22:31 PM
I really like the Legendaries idea. I can see Groudon abusing Fire Blast and Solarbeam.
Really? Who? <SARCASM

EDIT: I've got a quick question Tormod about your inverting characters thing.

If I wanted to make custom animations for the inverted character, would it be prefered to:
1) Make the custom animation, then invert the model afterwards?
OR
2) Invert the character, then make the animation based off of the inverted model?

I would like to know. This is actually useful for an idea that i've had.

Kyogre has the advantage because Water is super effective against Ground. To address the model inverting question, well I'm glad you asked, because I've actually learned a couple more things that need to be done to make it flawless (yeah I know, as if it needs more steps). But first off, you don't have to hex the data like I showed in the video, you can just change it to zero right in brawlbox and then save. Use the 0.63 version. And the second thing is, not only does the Y rotation have to have the sign changed, but also the X translation. On top of that, not only does this have to be done to the YRotN bone, but XRotN and TransN. If you are not doing single slot, then it would probably save time to do the invert on the TransN bone, because then you will not have to do XRotN and YRotN, because they stem from it. Hope that helps, and happy animation changing :) you will be very sick of minus signs by the time you're done.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Ok.

So do I just change the TransN only? Or still do all of that stuff with Y rotation and X translation? I'm still kinda confused...

Also, you didn't answer which method would be preferred for the custom animations...
But, I'm gonna go with the first method because it seemed to work for Sephiroth.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on July 19, 2011, 12:04:32 PM
Ok.

So do I just change the TransN only? Or still do all of that stuff with Y rotation and X translation? I'm still kinda confused...

Also, you didn't answer which method would be preferred for the custom animations...
But, I'm gonna go with the first method because it seemed to work for Sephiroth.

Yes it will work just doing it on TransN and not YRotN or XRotN. I haven't tested it myself but it should be fine. Also, sorry I forgot to answer that, it is actually better to invert first if you are making custom animations, because you will make them the way they are supposed to look in the first place so there will be nothing to swtich around. The only thing you have to remember though is that the right and left bones are switched and I tend to forget a and grab the wrong arm/leg lol.

p.s. I didn't see that your groudon/kyogre question was sarcastic lol. Now I feel stupid for answering it.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Quote from: Tormod on July 19, 2011, 01:34:21 PMI didn't see that your groudon/kyogre question was sarcastic lol. Now I feel stupid for answering it.
Np. (<at the sarcasm thing)

Quote from: Tormod on July 19, 2011, 01:34:21 PM
Yes it will work just doing it on TransN and not YRotN or XRotN. I haven't tested it myself but it should be fine. Also, sorry I forgot to answer that, it is actually better to invert first if you are making custom animations, because you will make them the way they are supposed to look in the first place so there will be nothing to swtich around. The only thing you have to remember though is that the right and left bones are switched and I tend to forget a and grab the wrong arm/leg lol.
But would it still be fine if I made the custom animation first? Like make the animation the way I would like with the improper hand. Then invert it so it becomes proper. Would that not still work?
There'd probably be some minor things that would need changing after inverting though. Plus, it would personally feel weird to work with flipped textures.

Then again, whatever makes things easier.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on July 19, 2011, 04:30:02 PM
Np. (<at the sarcasm thing)
But would it still be fine if I made the custom animation first? Like make the animation the way I would like with the improper hand. Then invert it so it becomes proper. Would that not still work?
There'd probably be some minor things that would need changing after inverting though. Plus, it would personally feel weird to work with flipped textures.

Then again, whatever makes things easier.
The latest version of brawlbox does not invert the textures in the viewbox. But do it however you are comfortable doing it. One way just skips a step. The only thing that will need changing is what I've said. Although, In Sephiroth's case, there was one animation that had to be the original to work right, it wasn't the case with Marth though. I think I just messed up when I was switching it over.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread


I was using Brawlbox 0.64 to make a stage and the compression was HORRIBLE, which is why I just use .63d

@ Italian, thanks man, its funny that you are the one to say something about it,because it was inspired by yours. I've always liked it with the guys lined up so I thought I'd do something similar.

@ T Zelda, thanks for the tip. I've been haveing issueo
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

(sorry for the double post, my phone only lets me type so much) but ive had issues with .64 saving, so i use .63 when i can, it just has a slowr aniamtion preview and i get impatient lol.

ps I've been gone camping! :) be back around thursday
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

You really gotta think about the possible issues with too much animation movement slowing down the game - even though it's only 3 extra figures, but those will be pretty big. Also, you probably won't be able to port this to FD or Battlefield unless everyone shares an animation file, like the way Eternal Yoshi did Poke Floats.

Quote from: Triforce Zelda on July 26, 2011, 12:29:39 PM
You really gotta think about the possible issues with too much animation movement slowing down the game - even though it's only 3 extra figures, but those will be pretty big. Also, you probably won't be able to port this to FD or Battlefield unless everyone shares an animation file, like the way Eternal Yoshi did Poke Floats.

... I honestly don't see any other way you would do it. It would be much easier to throw all three models in the same .brres and have them share the same animation, since each one has a different TopN bone and you wouldn't have to worry about them conflicting.

And I don't think you can have "too much animation." I've seen stages with much more going on in the background.

You never had an instance where your Wii skips frames because of all the movement in the match?

Quote from: Triforce Zelda on July 26, 2011, 06:34:13 PM
You never had an instance where your Wii skips frames because of all the movement in the match?

No.

Can't say I have.

Well it's been about 5 months since I've been around, but I had an urge to finish this project. So there you have it. I'm open to suggestions for change, if many people want something different.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

I saw make a version where the B moves still resemble classic Link.

Example: Your Up-B is good, just a revamp. But you should still keep some kind of bomb and boomerang moves on him, to keep the classic feel that Link should have.

The bow is a little less trademark, so maybe replace that one, but you should just REMAKE his bow and bomb moves to make them seem more bad-ass.

Lead Developer of Brawl Revamped Project
Brawl Revamped