Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Poll locked.
Filler A - 0 (0%)
Filler B - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages:  1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 43
Author Topic: Tormod's PSAnimations: Biggoron Sword Link Complete  (Read 209063 times)
xZedkiel
Heroic Kitten

Quitting for a while... Wish I could quit life..

• Awards Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #540 on: August 11, 2012, 03:03:27 AM »

Shamelessly post merging! For any who want a peek at Hector's model... I still have a lot of enhancing to do on the texture, particularly the armor, but I figure that can wait till after this get's rigged up because I'm getting anxious to actually do some PSA and animation work for him.

That looks... Outstanding. o.o Amazing job Charizard Tormod!

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #541 on: August 11, 2012, 03:57:41 AM »

that looks epic as hell!!

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #542 on: August 11, 2012, 07:36:00 AM »

That's freaking amazing. o_o I can't believe you did that edit so fast! Wait... Actually, now that I think about it, he is very similar to Hector. o.o

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #543 on: August 11, 2012, 10:09:20 AM »

He looks epic as hell.

Im srs here

So nice it needed to be said twice.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #544 on: August 11, 2012, 10:10:28 AM »

The overall look is fantastic!

But the face looks off to me... I don't know why...

I can't wait for the PSA though!

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Azure_Shadow
    Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #545 on: August 11, 2012, 02:16:45 PM »

YESSSS!

...no, that's not big enough.
    \0
            ^    D
    /0

YESSSSSSS!

EDIT: Hype this project to show support.
    « Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 02:48:17 PM by Azure_Shadow » Logged

Now available in blue.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #546 on: August 11, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »

I think I know what looked off with the face, it was that the head is kinda short. And his eyes are squinty.

It looked weird, his eyes were tiny proportioned to the rest of the face. And the hair should be a bit higher. The spikiness is good.

Also with the moveset, I think the handaxe should have a chance to critically hit. Dealing good damage while otherwise would be decent. Like 4% normally and 12% when it crit's. (or 5 and 15)

And I think the hitbox should work like this, 5% on the way out, 3% at peak range and 4% when coming back. And if it critically strikes each hitbox will deal 15%, 9%, and 12% respectively. However, it will all be one hitbox, so you cannot be hit by the axe more than once. Also the knockback and direction depends on the hitbox.

One more thing, why not give Hector a counter? It's the common Fire Emblem technique.

If he did have Counter, maybe with 1.3 damage return with high base knockback and decent knockback scaling. But the counter attack will have Hector spin around with Armads before swinging back up and onto his shoulder (if that's going to be his stance.) You could add a lightning effect like Pikachu's Down Smash onto the successive counter.

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #547 on: August 11, 2012, 04:34:20 PM »

Fantastic Hector! Simply outstanding!

Can barely wait... Barely Im srs here

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Azure_Shadow
    Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #548 on: August 11, 2012, 04:44:36 PM »

I think I know what looked off with the face, it was that the head is kinda short. And his eyes are squinty. It looked weird, his eyes were tiny proportioned to the rest of the face. And the hair should be a bit higher. The spikiness is good. Also with the moveset, I think the handaxe should have a chance to critically hit. Dealing good damage while otherwise would be decent. Like 4% normally and 12% when it crit's. (or 5 and 15) And I think the hitbox should work like this, 5% on the way out, 3% at peak range and 4% when coming back. And if it critically strikes each hitbox will deal 15%, 9%, and 12% respectively. However, it will all be one hitbox, so you cannot be hit by the axe more than once. Also the knockback and direction depends on the hitbox. One more thing, why not give Hector a counter? It's the common Fire Emblem technique. If he did have Counter, maybe with 1.3 damage return with high base knockback and decent knockback scaling. But the counter attack will have Hector spin around with Armads before swinging back up and onto his shoulder (if that's going to be his stance.) You could add a lightning effect like Pikachu's Down Smash onto the successive counter.

*looks at model* Hmm... I guess I can agree about the squinty eyes, but I don't think his head's too small. I guess I'd want to see it in Brawl to know for sure.
    I think that giving Hector chances to crit is a good idea, but only on a few of his moves (maybe a couple B moves). As for not letting someone get hit more than once... the only way to do that would be for Hector's axe to only hit one person and then not return to him. I'd rather it was able to hit twice, once on the way out and once on the way back. It'd look more like it does in Fire Emblem 7 than if he just threw it at one person.
    As for the counter... that's a good idea, actually, but counters don't really seem to suit Hector's style. He just dodges and never takes damage. Smiley
    Regardless, it's still closer than reflecting projectiles. Does anyone like the idea of him causing an earthquake?  Laugh (screenshake camera, powerful hitbox on ground only... it could work.)

Now available in blue.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #549 on: August 11, 2012, 04:53:15 PM »

From two perspectives, a Crit is a bad idea:

A crit is not a good idea. At all. That trait fits more a Myrmidon, and not even then it'd be right.

Also, looking at it from another perspective, a Crit? Seriously? Hector's crit is not something on which he exceeds in his game even, his crit is standard, unlike Lyn's, why, then, give Hector a Crit? That's like suggesting to give Link Ganondorf's Dark Power, or Zelda Link's Master Sword. Critical Hit is far from being Hector's thing.

Azure_Shadow
    Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #550 on: August 11, 2012, 07:09:45 PM »

Speak for yourself. My Hector criticalled almost 50% of the time, despite that he only had about a 20% chance.
    Although I can also understand giving Hector a critical ability might be a bad idea, I'm just thinking it could work on a couple of specific moves. That way most of his damage output is balanced and fairly consistant, but people have a small chance to do extra damage and knockback on these moves, kind of like meteor smashes. It'd add an interesting mechanic to his gameplay style. Doesn't mean that he has to be able to critical on his side B, but I think criticals in a couple moves would be a good idea.

Now available in blue.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #551 on: August 11, 2012, 07:31:42 PM »

Please no more counters. They're included in virtually every PSA that gets released these days. >_>

Though I've never played a Fire Emblem game, so I don't know how important counters are to them or if they're important at all, but if it isn't necessary please don't just plop it in there.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #552 on: August 11, 2012, 08:10:49 PM »

I didn't say to all of his abilities... Just the hand axe... Azure_Shadow suggested to have it on more moves...

And to have the axe hit only once is easy to code. It's literally one hitbox. The game works that  unless you end previous hitboxes, then the last one will go on forever affecting who it can but only once. And the damage change depending on throw is a simple change Hitbox damage.

I'm saying for the hand axe to crit because it doesn't have any other effects. It's just a simple throw. And I never specified how often it crits either. It can be 1 out of 15 if you want. It's all up to Tormod if he likes the idea and choose the chance himself.

And Mr. Vile, Counter in fire emblem games is different that how it works in Brawl. In the games, usually, whenever an enemy attempts to attack your allied unit, your unit with then attempt to attack back.

So yeah, it's pretty significant.

And for appearing in other PSA's... Well, I can't do much on that, but for Nintendo to give it to every Fire Emblem character in Smash, it kinda is significant to the character and their series.

Look at the star fox characters, they all have a Blaster and Reflector. They're pretty iconic to the characters.

I'm only suggesting a Counter because it's a Fire Emblem thing.

*Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• Awards Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #553 on: August 11, 2012, 09:00:48 PM »

He looks great, but the thing that's standing out to me is how straight the cape is. Will it flow?

Post Merge: August 11, 2012, 09:01:13 PM
    also, you should probably bulk him up a little.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #554 on: August 11, 2012, 09:22:58 PM »

@Azure: Hector has only 20% Crit, and about 40% with the Wolf Beil, just because yours does a Crit 505 of the time doesn't makes it fit on a PSA. Critical hits are not his thing, they just look cool when done, and he'll HAVE attacks resembling the critical hit animations, probably, but adding a Critical Hit system for him is a bad idea because, again, that's not his thing.

@Royal: You do realize Hand Axe has 0 Critical Rate? I mean, Hector's left with 10% chance of Critical Hitting.

Again, in general, the idea of Critical Hitting does not fit Hector in any way. ._.
    « Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 09:32:53 PM by Albafika » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 43
    Print
    Jump to: