Tcll's resource box

Started by DarkPikachu, July 07, 2011, 02:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MDL0 template: how would you prefer the data fields??

named according to Nintendo's SDK
named for noobs to understand
July 29, 2012, 04:50:30 AM #150 Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 12:41:34 AM by DarkPikachu
well...
I'm going to be lazy and release my template here instead of over at BrawlImports :P

here's an update for my HexEdit MDL0 template which supports alot more and loads alot faster compaired to my previous template


BP Registers and Var StructuresBone Flag Infoorganized data (cleared up straggling ends and increased speed)Removed direct Material-Node access (now it's through Materials only)

NOTE: not all images were taken with the current update this time

and here's the code:
http://gist.github.com/3196110

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

cant see any pictures :S
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

August 03, 2012, 11:54:51 PM #152 Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:20:10 AM by Tcll
thanx...

I've been noting a few of my old pics which get that display...
but I just UL'd these >:O

I'm not sure what it means though...
gonna have to bring it up to the Picasa staff.

thanx again

Post Merge: August 04, 2012, 01:20:10 AM

btw...
would anyone like to help me out??

if not then ignore everything below the description:
the project I'm working on deals entirely with the knowledge of C++ and Python

it involves taking the Revolution_SDK (version 3.2 p2) and converting it's code to Python.


I personally must ask though that you try not to use classes...
UMC is entirely done throgh functional programming (no classes)


[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

prepair yourselves =D
I finally have a somewhat decent UMC update =)

This thing`s been revamped with a new file I/O handler.
I also disabled logging (provided great info, but was slow)

This increased conversion speed by alot,
as in PlPcNr.dat (Pichu) now takes 13 seconds to convert, rather than 97 seconds :)


Currently supported formats are:
DAT (Melee)
MDL0 (No Transformations or bones yet)

I`m currently working on blend support...
This is the reason for the revamp.
(my skip() function kept giving me memory overflow errors)
^the new file handler fixes that, as well as other small issues I was having ;)

The export format is still OBJ only...
But that should change by the next release ;)


I`ll post this current update as soon as I can :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on August 17, 2012, 02:06:03 AM
prepair yourselves =D
I finally have a somewhat decent UMC update =)

This thing`s been revamped with a new file I/O handler.
I also disabled logging (provided great info, but was slow)

This increased conversion speed by alot,
as in PlPcNr.dat (Pichu) now takes 13 seconds to convert, rather than 97 seconds :)


Currently supported formats are:
DAT (Melee)
MDL0 (No Transformations or bones yet)

I`m currently working on blend support...
This is the reason for the revamp.
(my skip() function kept giving me memory overflow errors)
^the new file handler fixes that, as well as other small issues I was having ;)

The export format is still OBJ only...
But that should change by the next release ;)


I`ll post this current update as soon as I can :)
awesome cant wait to try it out with some characters :o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

August 17, 2012, 02:44:11 AM #155 Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:53:47 PM by Tcll
sweet =D
I`ll be sure to pm you when I can release =)

Sry for how long it took to come this far though...
It`s actually kindof pathetic...

Although this program is a major multi-man job done almost entirely by me :3

Eh...
Sry bout the schmuck :P
I forgot to mention thogh that this thing is still majorly in dev...
(still using Tkinter)

A GUI in OpenGL, is a pain in the you already know what :P

I`ll get it though... Eventually ;)

Post Merge: August 17, 2012, 11:18:05 AM

well as it turns out,
The blend format is showing me every last possible flaw with my functions. >:O

Now string() needs even more work as it reads `*nex` (out of `*next`) and returns None
It won`t read anything else after that :srs:

Not sure what it is atm but geese
@ blend plugin: Gimme a break already.
I already had to redo ~30 funcions because of you. D:


Post Merge: August 17, 2012, 11:53:47 PM

well, I`ve managed to fix the issue with string(),
And even give it a few extra options ;)

If anyone wants to program their own plugins,
I`ll have function documentation by my next release ;)

Btw, I`m adding basic OBJ importing to the list.
(support for `v`, `vn`, `vt`, `f`, and `o`)

MTL support will come later.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

hey guys guess what =D
I've just built my own bezier curve evaluator ^.^

What`s that mean?
It means I can implament my modelling system into UMC. :)

Imagine getting a circle using only 4 verts...
Or for that matter a sphere using 8 verts :D
(this is even less verts than the current bezier aglorithms support)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on August 19, 2012, 12:40:27 PM
hey guys guess what =D
I've just built my own bezier curve evaluator ^.^

What`s that mean?
It means I can implament my modelling system into UMC. :)

Imagine getting a circle using only 4 verts...
Or for that matter a sphere using 8 verts :D
(this is even less verts than the current bezier aglorithms support)

Now That is awesome! I havn't done any hack making yet, but this sounds like it could revolutionize how detailed a model can be w/o going over the limit. :P

August 19, 2012, 02:53:35 PM #158 Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:56:56 PM by Tcll
indeed :)

But I don`t believe the wii has that kind of support... Sadly

TBH, what I`m doing is allowing you to get the concept of the gfx system I`m implementing into my game system ;)

All you really can do atm is try it out and save models in it`s format...



Post Merge: August 19, 2012, 02:56:56 PM

oops :P
Forgot to mention that models saved in it`s format will look boxy in normal 3D editors...
(a sphere would be a simple cube)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I guess you're more advanced than the other model programs :P I bet you'll find ways to defy the laws of programming, and eventually, you're programs will be far more superior to even 3DS Max.

lol thanx :)
Technology just needed an update is all :P

Now for my system, you can expect lag on even the best of computers...

My game system is being designed to run using Quaternary (0-3) instead of binary (0-1)...
(yes this means the re-invention of electronics)
As well as the GPU`s will have the vert-logic calculations hard-wired into them.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

What's your system gonna be like as far as hack capabilities? will it be able to handle extreme, over-the-limit hacks?

August 19, 2012, 05:23:12 PM #162 Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 05:31:01 PM by Tcll
hey...
I just need some input as to how I should go about building the surfaces from the evaluations...

Verts in my system are actually vec5 instead of vec3..
(X,Y,Z, R, D)
R - int resolution (a half-division-sum of a count of verts in a curve)
D - float distance (a square to circle value from the current point)

The distance float ranging from 0.0 (flat) to 1.0 (square) with 0.5 being the default (circle)


Post Merge: August 19, 2012, 05:31:01 PM

@Mareeo 64: lol ninja

Well my system (if built correctly) should be able to render and transform models while making them look real...

As far as hacking goes, you should be able to export a dynamic mesh as another file format...
(the transform calculations and model should look real)

But I`d recommend you use low resolution verts before exporting.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Wow! Well best of luck to you, and may it come out at its best! ;D

well thanx :D
And that`s exactly what I hope for ;D

If I must mention a small amout of how powerful I want my game system to be,
then here`s a simple chart of how many processors there are:
-4 CPU`s for commands from many players (8 controllers + net)
-4 GPU`s implamented with my dynamic modelling gfx system.
-4 SPU`s implamented with my dynamic audio system.
-2 extra CPU`s implamented with AII (my AI system)

Yes it`s quite alot of talk as there`s nothing out there yet that can build a quaternary chip as everything supports binary...

Even electronics simulators are a hastle D:

But if you want something to believe in,
I havn`t stopped working on UMC have I? >:3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.