Tcll's resource box

Started by DarkPikachu, July 07, 2011, 02:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MDL0 template: how would you prefer the data fields??

named according to Nintendo's SDK
named for noobs to understand
September 01, 2012, 10:22:25 PM #180 Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:26:09 AM by Tcll
if you thought I was stopping the release at that, you thought wrong =3

Updates include:
Script verification
Minor bug fixes (and a few major)

On a side note,
I`m hyped cause kryal just pm`d me the mdl0 info I needed =D

Now with a little re-work to my plugin, I should be able to both import and export ;D

Post Merge: September 03, 2012, 01:26:09 AM

well, I`ve managed to fix everything (that I know of) that causes UMC to crash...

Minimizing the viewer caused a division by 0 error
And cancelling the file dialogs wasn`t handled properly...

Now that I`ve gotten most of the large stuff out of the way...
I`m going to look into building the GUI HUD.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

September 05, 2012, 10:43:19 PM #181 Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:16:13 PM by Tcll
you guys are really gonna love the changes in my next update. >:3
I`m actually trying to look for a chance to get a connection so I can release this :D

Anyways...
It turns out I can get mouse wheel feedback,
But I have to fix freeglut before I can use it.
Let me know if you experiance any errors when I do. :/

Anyways, I`ve fixed alot of various bugs, and am curently trying to work on a png image handler...
Or should I say extended support for future image handlers...

On a side note,
Macromedia`s flash program just gave me an idea for updatable command extenstions...
(you`ll be able to download commands rather than wait for an update to support them)

I`ll have to redo my system structure again though... T.T


Anyways, I`ve been working like mad on this and can`t wait to release it. =D

Post Merge: September 07, 2012, 04:34:16 PM

well, i`ve rebuilt the logger with a method similar to the file handler...
So logging is enabled, and now has very little effect towards conversion time :)

I`ve also added error handling to the import/export commands.
If an error is hit in a script,
The import/export operation is cancelled and an error is displayed.
Almost nothing (except internal data erors) should cause a crash now >:3

Still need to get custom length floats fixed though... >_>


And since nobody came back with a responce to my multi-file data handling,
I`m going with my choice:

SetFile(0)
bu32()

SetFile(1)
bu32()
bu32()

Post Merge: September 07, 2012, 09:16:13 PM

also...
Another thing I`ll be adding (since nobody would rather tell me) is the binary handler

Basically just a mod of my current handler,
Where the values are binary values instead of character data.

These will be implamented in the dev4 release ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

*sigh*
Guess I have to make a release just to get some attention aruond here huh... -.-*

DANGIT MOTHER, HURRY UP ALREADY!!! lol

I won`t be posting any further updates until the dev3 release. -_-

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Don't feel down. Once it's ready everybody's gonna want it. :)

September 09, 2012, 07:57:51 PM #184 Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 08:46:25 AM by DarkPikachu
lol you`re so right XDD

And just so BJ doesn`t EVER feel like I`m competing with him,
I want this program to basically be the `central hub` for conversions between programs such as:
-Brbx
-Maya
-Blender
-3DS
-Minecraft (extended operations)
-Steam
-etc...

The secret is the script functions to make reading the file as simple as possible.

The idea basically came from a discussion about various hex editors that supported template functionality...
The easiest to program for is HexEdit, with pre-defined XML tags for each field.

010 Editor expects you to know C programming standards for it`s templates.

And Hex Editor Neo was pretty much disreguarded since you couldn`t even use the functionality, unless you paid for it...

The problem with blender was too many functions that were only suitable for certain specific data inputs...
(you had to convert everything yourself before you sent it to blender)


The scripts for UMC don`t have to be extremely strict when formatting...
In fact, you never actually touch the file itself.

The functions used do most of the work for you just by simply calling them.

Post Merge: September 11, 2012, 04:36:48 PM


ok...
so I've tried my last link again and got it :srs:

anyways... it doesn't matter now...
I have the release everyone's been waiting for here: :3
http://www.mediafire.com/?r7qsynl1joaricp

yes I subscribed... 9_9
their service really sucks though... -.-*
I miss MegaUpload T_T

anyways...
here's a few images as of Dev2 updates:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


in other news, you can toggle between ortho and perspective viewing:
Ortho: (default)

Perspective:


rendering now displays vertex colors as materials (laggy)



added a wireframe display toggle:


added a toggle for the display of the:
grid: (default)
-images above for the grid
floor:

or none

my latest update includes script testing:

^see the console
Error checking is currently fake...
but it will show the number of discarded scripts by Dev4


speaking of Dev4,
I'd like to implement the different 3D viewing methods...
but I need some input on the viewing method:

which one should I use??

btw, this is the analglyph method.
the other is the shutter method which displays each eye per frame.

anyways...
have fun with this release. :)

oh... almost forgot...  :o
for anyone who'd like to program additional scripts,
I've included most of the main functions needed. ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

September 11, 2012, 05:17:08 PM #185 Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 05:18:05 PM by toonlink444
This looks great!!! I feel bad for not commenting about your progress, but know that I really appreciate everyone that makes things that make our lives easier. As for the model viewing do what seems most effective and good looking. Thanks again for this. And I might look at scripting, it looks hard though. :-\
Edit: Uhhhh the download isn't there.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

September 11, 2012, 05:38:39 PM #186 Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:22:11 PM by Tcll
thanx. :)
could've sworn I copied the correct link >_>

try this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rmracrdcku362ak

if that doesn't work, I'm deleting it and re-uploading

Post Merge: September 11, 2012, 09:22:11 PM

heh heh...
Looks like it worked :)

If anyone has any unexpected bugs, please let me know ;)

UMC`s error handler currently skips the import if an error is detected...

Advanced users:
You can check the `session-info.log` for info reguarding file conversion up to the point of error.

I`ll try to make Dev4 log the error to the best of what I can...
But there`s alot of change that will take place starting with the file system.
(yes I`m changing it again)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

yo TCLL... just tried this out... and i seem to be getting this..

https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

September 12, 2012, 04:36:41 PM #188 Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 12:18:19 AM by DarkPikachu
hmm...
that seems to be a bug with openGL...

the only fix I can suggest would be to download the glut32.dll
and place in the C:/WINDOWS/System/ directory

I apparently need to download freeglut.dll and rename it to glut32.dll to get the mousewheel working...

I'll see if I can make dev4 copy the dll's to the system automatically


EDIT: in other news, here's the new file handler method:

^this allows me to handle the entire file as a single int :3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on September 11, 2012, 05:38:39 PM
thanx. :)
could've sworn I copied the correct link >_>

try this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rmracrdcku362ak

if that doesn't work, I'm deleting it and re-uploading

Post Merge: September 11, 2012, 09:22:11 PM

heh heh...
Looks like it worked :)

If anyone has any unexpected bugs, please let me know ;)

UMC`s error handler currently skips the import if an error is detected...

Advanced users:
You can check the `session-info.log` for info reguarding file conversion up to the point of error.

I`ll try to make Dev4 log the error to the best of what I can...
But there`s alot of change that will take place starting with the file system.
(yes I`m changing it again)
Link works perfectly, thanks for the fix.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Quote from: Tcll on September 12, 2012, 04:36:41 PM
hmm...
that seems to be a bug with openGL...

the only fix I can suggest would be to download the glut32.dll
and place in the C:/WINDOWS/System/ directory

I apparently need to download freeglut.dll and rename it to glut32.dll to get the mousewheel working...

I'll see if I can make dev4 copy the dll's to the system automatically
ah ok thanks. that did the trick :P
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on September 12, 2012, 05:20:53 PM
ah ok thanks. that did the trick :P
no prob :)

tbh, I didn't actually know if that was it...
(after sifting through about 100 google searches with my own knowledge)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

September 12, 2012, 06:45:18 PM #192 Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 07:29:27 PM by toonlink444
I tried to view capt falcon with it and this showed up.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Has this been a problem before?
Edit: It was his brawl mdl0 to be more clear.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

@tl44: I`m on mother`s phone right now, so I can`t see your img...
But if I had to guess...
Is the model all deformed and mutilated??

Bones aren`n yet supported as I havn`t worked on it...
(been busy with the internal programming)

Anyways... About DSX8`s problem...
I forgot to include glut32.dll in the dll`s directory of OpenGL... XDD
Sry bout that guys :P

In other news,
Freeglut.dll works perfectly, and I now get mousewheel feedback :D

This means I can now zoom with the wheel. :3

Modifier keys are also supported from the kbd now =D


That makes me a happy panda ^_^

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: toonlink444 on September 12, 2012, 06:45:18 PM
I tried to view capt falcon with it and this showed up.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Has this been a problem before?
Edit: It was his brawl mdl0 to be more clear.
HAH... reminds me of wat ripping chars from melee looks like when using 3D Ripper DX or OGLE.. xD
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady