Tcll's resource box

Started by DarkPikachu, July 07, 2011, 02:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MDL0 template: how would you prefer the data fields??

named according to Nintendo's SDK
named for noobs to understand
Nice! I'll look forward to it. Don't give up!
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

alright thanx :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

oh wow...
so quadstrips are already added in OGL

was just checking the glBegin function :D

but now I see why I'd need to enumerate the values >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

gathering ideas for UMC 3.0a:

animation types:
CHR0 - ACTION
SHP0 - SHAPE
CLR0 - COLOR
- OBJECT (IPO)
PAT0 - TEX_SWITCH
SRT0 - TEX_MOTION
VIS0 - VISABILITY

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Hey, TCLL, would you mind looking at a DAE for me? I want to know if it's triangulated, etc. etc., and ready for the UMC.

Quote from: Tabuu Hatsune on October 13, 2011, 08:01:35 PMHey, TCLL, would you mind looking at a DAE for me? I want to know if it's triangulated, etc. etc., and ready for the UMC.
what??
UMC is still in re-development...

I can't seem to get any help in creating the GUI I want >_>

however...
when it's finished, weather a DAE is triangulated or not won't matter ;)

I'm still looking into converting triangles to polygons >_>
(it uses less data)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Okay, I wanted to know because I made the DAE in Blender, so I was curious.

October 13, 2011, 08:21:36 PM #67 Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:23:30 PM by Tcll
Quote from: Tabuu Hatsune on October 13, 2011, 08:18:16 PMOkay, I wanted to know because I made the DAE in Blender, so I was curious.
ah ok...

you're prbly using 2.5x then >_>
exporter uses 141 format and prbly triangulates them...

although I think it's based on if the model's triangulated in the editor <_<

EDIT:
OMG I HATE THIS FORUM >:O
the troll tried to get me again D:<

luckilly I copy every post I type (on compy) before posting  :notimp:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Okay, so then it might work. Okay, good. Thanks a lot.

October 13, 2011, 08:36:17 PM #69 Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 10:16:31 PM by DarkPikachu
ah I found what I was looking for to a reply on my MDL0 resource discussion thread about importing models...

this was current progress posted since my unreleased 2.6d converter:
(couldn't release due to unfair home owners not allowing me net (my compy's in storage as of now))
UMC

I need to name the images with the converter version... eh heh

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


October 14, 2011, 04:29:57 PM #71 Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 10:22:32 PM by DarkPikachu
not so well :(

I can't seem to get any help on structuring this...
this is my current GUI design:


alright so in the model conversion side,
the top scrollbox is for the conversion methods...
the bottom scrollbox is for the conversion/plugin settings

the animation side is the same, but the only difference is you can import multiple files (of the same type)

the scrollbars will only show if the settings extend past the box height

the bottom window is for the viewer options.
if you use Quick3D Pro, then you'll know what I mean...
if not, see spoiler:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

^I'll have something similar to that

the top bar is still pending >_>
(maybe I'll give it a few checkboxes like Brbx)

the 2 internal windows are for model and anim info

the top right button shrinks the full view to the current viewport
the top left button is pending (maybe collapse all)

the top expandable bar you see is for default conversion and theme settings
(if you modify the theme from gray to red, you can save it and set it as the default theme option) ;)

also...
when I was talking about shrinking the view to the viewport,
what I mean is the bars are transparent (to a set value)...
what they do when expanded is overlay the model.
(meaning you see the model behind the bar)

the options bar (very top) just simply pushes the GUI below the viewport.
(you still see the model behind the settings)

try doing that with a windows style GUI >D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

October 14, 2011, 05:54:43 PM #72 Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 10:02:31 PM by DarkPikachu
ok... so after accidently refreshing the page w/o copying XDD
I've gotten a basic structure down >_>

here's an image of the test GUI:


and here's the code for it:
(the BG is black and the rectangle is gray)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

^404, I suggest you use that for future apps ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

October 14, 2011, 08:07:48 PM #73 Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 10:04:20 PM by DarkPikachu
well, I've started defining my GUI
(just got the top part of the option bar)

was testing the window resize options


the test failed:

the part of the bar is supposed to look exactly the same as in the first img >_>

for those who are curious, yes, everything is rounded out

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

well... I'm still unable to fix the prob...
but I'm not going to let these slight GUI mishaps keep me from perfecting my converter >:3

I've just finished the design of the option bar...
but I need to define a material rather than use an OGL color >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.