The Mother of all Samus Hacks - New Animations! See Pg. 91 Reply #1363

Started by Gamma Ridley, July 23, 2011, 04:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Would you want a sound packet made using Samus's voice from Other M?

Yes
16 (76.2%)
No
1 (4.8%)
Using voice effects from ZSS would be better and much easier
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

July 28, 2011, 02:56:44 PM #690 Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 05:55:35 PM by Raikiri_Blade
Gamma, Here are the Missle Animations:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9dw1b1hvh8lr9a7
The charge isn't as dynamic as actual brawl ones, but it still works as a temp.

Gonna start the Overdrive animation.

Edit: Overdrive animation is about 85% done.

Edit2: Overdrive animation is done. It needs to be more smooth but it's fine right now.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ubw3cvg5gqrxbbg
Add this with my missle animations.

Edit3: Here's an updated fit.pac . This should fix most of the grapple beam issues. Uh... I forgot to remove the SFX... meh, whatever.

Can someone test the fit.pac with the most recent fitmotionetc.pac?
Thanks!
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: MANSTA8 on July 28, 2011, 09:44:35 AM
I could do the morph-ball animations, if they are not already done. As for the coding, just make it like how smbz Mario uses his alt animations but so you press down you go into the ball and you can move around, then you stay like that until you press up again, like in the original games.

I think we have the Morph Ball done. Dunno if we're gonna make her crawl or not. /:

Quote from: Raikiri_Blade on July 28, 2011, 02:56:44 PM
Gamma, Here are the Missle Animations:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9dw1b1hvh8lr9a7
The charge isn't as dynamic as actual brawl ones, but it still works as a temp.

Gonna start the Overdrive animation.

Edit: Overdrive animation is about 85% done.

Edit2: Overdrive animation is done. It needs to be more smooth but it's fine right now.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ubw3cvg5gqrxbbg
Add this with my missle animations.

Edit3: Here's an updated fit.pac . This should fix most of the grapple beam issues. Uh... I forgot to remove the SFX... meh, whatever.

Can someone test the fit.pac with the most recent fitmotionetc.pac?
Thanks!

I'm guessing the Overdrive animation is for the down throw?

If so, then I'll add these to the MotionEtc and test.

Dunno if Weyard has fixed the texture or not, but either way, I'm gonna make another video showcase.

If there's anything else we need to add beforehand, let me know.

I just woke up, so I haven't done anything yet. I'm gonna work on the model a little more before I start the texture.

Quote from: Weyard on July 28, 2011, 07:40:01 PM
I just woke up, so I haven't done anything yet. I'm gonna work on the model a little more before I start the texture.

Alright, I'll go ahead and include what we have in the showcase.

Also, Blade, have you coded the Side Smash yet?

July 28, 2011, 07:51:44 PM #694 Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:56:12 PM by Raikiri_Blade
No, I havent done anything except fix the grapple beam issues.

I have to do something else first, then I'll code them. Btw, How do you like my animations?

Edit: I understand a bit of the RA stuff thanks to this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=2708.0
It was really useful.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Raikiri_Blade on July 28, 2011, 07:51:44 PM
No, I havent done anything except fix the grapple beam issues.

I have to do something else first, then I'll code them. Btw, How do you like my animations?

Edit: I understand a bit of the RA stuff thanks to this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=2708.0
It was really useful.

Well.... I dunno, the animation don't really look like she's shooting a Missile...

You know? They just don't have that.... "oomph," for lack of a better term.

I think we should stick to the ones I made.

The only reason you didn't want to keep them was because of the tilts, correct?

Why not use them for now, then make better ones later.
Mine at least link well from the previous animations. (No offense.)

And not just the tilts, the animation would've looked dumb in game. She'd hold her cannon out then randomly angle it up when she releases? It wasn't the greatest.

Also, Let's see them in-game, maybe you'd change you're mind.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Are you programming it to use the Missile-Gun model during the animations or is it still using the normal gun?
That could help the look of them quite a bit.

Quote from: Raikiri_Blade on July 28, 2011, 08:04:52 PM
Why not use them for now, then make better ones later.
Mine at least link well from the previous animations. (No offense.)

And not just the tilts, the animation would've looked dumb in game. She'd hold her cannon out then randomly angle it up when she releases? It wasn't the greatest.

Also, Let's see them in-game, maybe you'd change you're mind.

.... I don't think you realize how I made those animations.

They came straight from her Side B animation. They weren't custom.

The reason they look different is both the speed of the animation (which I presume is modified in the original Samus .pac file) and graphical effects.

Here's a picture for comparison:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Here's yours:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also, here's the Overdrive animation:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Would you know how to fix these problems?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I read somewhere that they're linked to events in PSA that detect floor collisions, but I'm not exactly sure...



July 28, 2011, 08:23:43 PM #699 Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 08:25:51 PM by Raikiri_Blade
Once I get the PSA for the missles going (To make the side smash actually shoot missles) Then we'll choose the animation after that. Because The effects make the difference.

And SDoom was going to help with the PSA for the throws. So He might know how to fix them. Cause the throws are still stuck with the grapple beam.

@Weyard: Samus has no Missle-Gun model... They're fired from her plain arm cannon.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Raikiri_Blade on July 28, 2011, 08:23:43 PM
Once I get the PSA for the missles going (To make the side smash actually shoot missles) Then we'll choose the animation after that. Because The effects make the difference.

And SDoom was going to help with the PSA for the throws. So He might know how to fix them. Cause the throws are still stuck with the grapple beam.

Alright, sounds good to me.

... now I have to re-download my other MotionEtc, because I completely replaceed the animations with yours without thinking that I might need to keep a backup on-hand. XD

And did you see the last part of my previous post? By which I mean, do you know how to fix those?

Quote from: Raikiri_Blade on July 28, 2011, 08:23:43 PM
Once I get the PSA for the missles going (To make the side smash actually shoot missles) Then we'll choose the animation after that. Because The effects make the difference.

And SDoom was going to help with the PSA for the throws. So He might know how to fix them. Cause the throws are still stuck with the grapple beam.

@Weyard: Samus has no Missle-Gun model... They're fired from her plain arm cannon.
I thought it replaced the model with one where the tip was opened up. So are each of the frontal pieces attached to a bone that opens in the animation?

I don't know what the problems are. Is the animation messed up or something?

@ Weyard, They don't exist at all in Brawl.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Weyard on July 28, 2011, 08:31:16 PM
I thought it replaced the model with one where the tip was opened up. So are each of the frontal pieces attached to a bone that opens in the animation?

.... I don't even think the Arm Cannon opens up in Brawl.... does it?

Quote from: Raikiri_Blade on July 28, 2011, 08:32:03 PM
I don't know what the problems are. Is the animation messed up or something?

Nope, the animations are fine. If you'll look at the previous video I posted, they look fine in Brawl Box.

Like I said in that other post, I think they're related to an event in PSA that detect floor collisions, and so they prevent legs from being animated beyond a certain point.

I remember seeing a thread made a loooooooooooooooong time ago where they were facing a similar problem with Lucario, and it was fixed via PSA.

Hmm... I'll see what I can do.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread