The Mother of all Samus Hacks - New Animations! See Pg. 91 Reply #1363

Started by Gamma Ridley, July 23, 2011, 04:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Would you want a sound packet made using Samus's voice from Other M?

Yes
16 (76.2%)
No
1 (4.8%)
Using voice effects from ZSS would be better and much easier
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

No one's replied to my XeNTaX inquery yet, however a newbie kitten responded to my help thread post, so maybe he'll find where they're at.  At any rate can you find sfx files in a memory dump from Dolphin?  That's where I'm finding everything else haha.  Also I can do an audio dump, but it gets sfx from everything else as well, with no way to really filter it at all.  There are literally tons of sfx files I can edit from the cut-scenes though so it's not too much of a worry.
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

Anyways, I'll make those changes after DO makes changes to the files.

And I have to look through the common_3.pac(?) for the screw attack effects.

@Weyard: So if we fix the N-air glitch, it may fix the 1HKO?
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Yeah, whatever is causing that infinite gfx is whats causing all the glitches.

===========

The Neutral Air does hit different now, and i think its actually better this way, but it looks like shes spinning backwards so its kind of awkward looking, but i can get used to it.

Quote from: Weyard on July 30, 2011, 03:23:47 AM
Everything Aether said.

I'll clarify about the 1hko of the up throw though.

If the opponent is also using Samus and has the infinite gfx on their cannon (meaning they shorthopped the n-air at some point), they will be 1hko'd if you up-throw them.

In other words, it isn't a problem unless you are both using Samus.
He was using gamecube controller and said it was down taunt, but I used sideways wiimote and the taunt in question was side-taunt for me.

The N-air is really interesting right now. It hits in a completely different path than before. Before it's easiest hitbox was forward and down a bit, now the easiest hitbox is somewhere behind you. It's odd and I like it, but it is causing problems. If you can't get rid of the infinite gfx problem, you might wanna replace it.

Well that's silly. XD

I think she gets OHKO'd whenever she has that graphic regardless of who throws her. /:

As for the taunt predicament, the only graphic that loads for her Down Taunt is a small sparkle thing, which I think Blade removed. So that leaves the Side Taunt.

Speaking of taunts, Blade. D'you think you can disable her Up-Down-Up Taunt that transforms her into ZSS? It might save some space, and we don't need it anyway.

Quote from: Raikiri_Blade on July 30, 2011, 03:25:56 AM
Anyways, I'll make those changes after DO makes changes to the files.

And I have to look through the common_3.pac(?) for the screw attack effects.

@Weyard: So if we fix the N-air glitch, it may fix the 1HKO?
The infinite gfx caused by shorthopping the n-air is the only way to replicate the 1hitko upthrow, so yes.

@Gamma: I'm not sure how to do that.

@Weyard: Ok, so that needs fixing. Pronto.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Iv never got the up-down-up thing to work anyway, so i sure wont miss it.


================

Theres a normal gfx that looks like her screw attack, why cant you just use it?
Youtube is being slow today, so im not sure exactly where it shows it, but its in this video.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Raikiri_Blade on July 30, 2011, 03:30:32 AM
@Gamma: I'm not sure how to do that.

Oh poop. Alright, maybe DO knows.

So what changes are we gonna make as of now? Just to organize things a bit.

@Aether: It's 5F. I checked.

@Gamma:
1. Fix the N-air (including GFX glitches)
2. Change the flags of the up smash (and GFX to common screw attack)
3. Get rid if z-air completely. Make her dodge instead.
4. Make samus' gun not expand in taunts/etc.
5. Make Samus not turn into ZSS

That's all i know of so far. Anything else?
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Raikiri_Blade on July 30, 2011, 03:41:31 AM
@Aether: It's 5F. I checked.

@Gamma:
1. Fix the N-air (including GFX glitches)
2. Change the flags of the up smash (and GFX to common screw attack)
3. Get rid if z-air completely. Make her dodge instead.
4. Make samus' gun not expand in taunts/etc.
5. Make Samus not turn into ZSS

That's all i know of so far. Anything else?

Sounds good to me.

Ok...

1.) That's up to you
2.) Simple fix
3.) I just swapped it for her Air Dodge. I also nulled out a few of her animations for her tether recovery by making them 1 frame in order to clear up some file space
4.) Should be easy....? Hopefully DO can get rid of that model/graphic thing
5.) Done by code. I'll check my GCT to see if I can find it quickly


Quote from: Weyard on July 30, 2011, 03:46:19 AM
Sounds good.

-

I'm going to attempt to fix the back now that the jets are gone.

Great. Can't wait to see how that goes.

In the meantime, I'll go through the animations we've changed and see if I can clear up some file space by deleting unnecessary key frames.

As well as fix a few other things.

Ok.

Acutally, for the air dodge, i can just make the sub routine go to the air dodge. So that wouldn't be hard.

And for the infinite GFX, I have to add a tiny bit of code in her Nair landing.


@Weyard: I'm sad that the jet's are gone... But we have to do what we must do...
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Raikiri_Blade on July 30, 2011, 03:49:29 AM
Ok.

Acutally, for the air dodge, i can just make the sub routine go to the air dodge. So that wouldn't be hard.

And for the infinite GFX, I have to add a tiny bit of code in her Nair landing.


@Weyard: I'm sad that the jet's are gone... But we have to do what we must do...

A GoTo function would actually be preferable. It'll save more file space. :O

And it looks fine without the jets. But that reminds me, you still need to remove the SFX that play whenever she jumps. XD

add this to the list:

6. SFX adjustments
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread