Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Project Bomberman actual progress!!!  (Read 18012 times)
frostymm
Hyper Kitten

Like I ever know what I'm doing.

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 02, 2011, 08:37:29 PM »

projectBOMBERMAN

Okay well I released a beta just like I said I would. It has a TON more to be done and I still couldn't get the specials, grabs, and the smashes working properly. I'm gonna refocus on Klonoa for a bit and come back to this because currently I don't have the knowledge to do much more than this. Without help I can't do any more for this project so I'll just make changes and work on it when I learn enough to change it. Till then don't expect too many updates but I most certainly will still be trying.

Most recent progress - Beta 0.2 released

[Color="Gray"]
    It needed to be done.
    [/color][/size]

Okay well I'm sure this has been tried many times before but it still hasn't been done.
    So after requesting an amazing vertex from my good pal Starwaffle and learning a decent amount from my time in Project Klonoa I've decided that this needed to be done.

though I already have a few people in mind for our team we are still definitely open to new recruits. (Meaning we REALLY need help)

[SIZE="4"]
    [SIZE="5"][FONT="Tahoma"].[COLOR="Wheat"]:[/COLOR][COLOR="white"]To-Do[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [COLOR="LemonChiffon"]Make new animations for various attacks-[/COLOR]
    Make it so that bombs will work as projectiles or just... Bombs... But not quite the same as the item-
    Pollish off the PSA-
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="white"]The Team:.[/color][/size]
    [COLOR="Gray"]Frostymm - I'm doing just about everything I can! Animations, PSA, graphics, anything I can possibly do. [/COLOR]
    [color="lightblue"]StarWaffle -[SIZE="2"]He made the amazing bomberman Vertex over Olimar[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [color="gold"]Eternal Yoshi - Did an amazing job on editing how the Pikmin work and will probably be assisting with most of the hard PSA work. [/color]

I'll add the rest of our teams members as they do stuff.

[SIZE="4"]
    [COLOR="Gray"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Since the vertex was made to go over Olimar and I thought maybe we could use some of the data from the Pikmin to help with the bombs actions, Bomberman will be replacing Olimar.[/FONT][/COLOR][/size]
    Note: Olimar is awesome, I'm not replacing him for any other reason then for the pikmin and the vertex. Anyone who disses him will get da spooboot >=3 Or at least ignored...

Moveset: (Animation status)

[collapse]
    [Size="3"][Color="Red"]Specials[/color][/size]

Up-Special (FINISHED) - Bomberman places a bomb below him and uses its explosion to propel himself upward (As seen in SSBC)

Neutral-special - Bomberman kicks a bomb forward

Side-Special - I'm debating whether he'll throw a bomb in an arc or set 6 bombs in a row in front of him

Down-special - Set a remote bomb kind of like snakes

[Size="3"][Color="Red"]Smashes[/color][/size]

Down-Smash - Bomberman smashes a bomb against the ground making an explosion

Over-Smash (Finished) - Bomberman spins forward with his elbow out and then stops and explodes a bomb in front of him (Similar to wolfs but slower, with most power only at the end and moves him farther.)

Up-Smash (Finished) - Throws a bomb upward (Similar to snakes except less gay =D)

[Size="3"][Color="Red"]Aerials[/color][/size]

Forward air (Finished) - sprawls out and thrusts a bomb in front of himself, pushing him back slightly.

Back air (FINISHED) - Kicks bomb backward, explodes at end of kick, boosts forward.

Neutral air (Finished) - Bomberman does a summersault in the air doing a grind attack and at the end he throws out a bunch of mini bombs all around for a small series of explosions. (It'll have a really small hitbox on both parts of the attack.)

Down air (Finished) - Bomberman quickly thrusts a bomb below him causing for a single frame spike with significant lag afterward. Also suspends him in mid-air like ivysaurs.

[Size="3"][Color="Red"]Tilts[/color][/size]

Down tilt (FINISHED) - Bomberman makes a controlled bomb explosion on the ground in front of him. Similiar to Samus'

Over tilt (FINISHED) - Bomberman swings two mini bombs in front of him in a 1-2 combo making them explode in his hands as they reach out to their farthest.

Up tilt (Finished) - Bomberman explodes a bomb just above him and slightly forward.

[Size="3"][Color="Red"]Other[/color][/size]

Dash attack (FINISHED) - Bomberman slides forward while laying a bomb down (bomberman has small hitbox that hits toward bomb while bomb explodes)

AA combo (FINISHED) - Punch, Punch, grab, fist explosion

Taunt 1 (Finished) - Fist pump!

Win1 (Finished) - Strikes a cool pose with bomb in hand, thrusts forward
    [/collapse]

[Size="5"][Color="Green"]Glitches[/color][/size]

- If Bomberman uses his up-special right after falling of a ledge, he'll grab onto it but the bomb will stay attached as his hand.

- (INTERESTING) If Bomberman spawns a bomb in the air and keeps himself from touching the ground, the bomb will actually run forward until bomberman lands which it will then stop and explode. (Could actually be used for something if we can find out why it does that.)

[size="7"][color="white"]Download[/color][/size]

Download Bomberman beta 0.2
    http://www.mediafire.com/?a8zbaoblvgrpmpn
    « Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:01:37 PM by frostymm » Logged

My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
    Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 08:38:58 PM »

Reserved

Also, I'll clean up the OP sooner or later. I just pasted it from smashboards.

And also,

[Size="15"]VIDEO'S[/size]

Bomberman Progress report
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf3fMfH3Ukw&feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf3fMfH3Ukw&feature=player_embedded</a>

Gameplay demo (Bomberman vs Pokemon Trainer)
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGyloFwXDoA&feature=channel_video_title" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGyloFwXDoA&feature=channel_video_title</a>
    « Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:25:49 PM by frostymm » Logged

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »

Just for future reference:
    -The [size] thing has no quotes and instead is just "=(whatever size)pt".
    -The [color] thing has no quotes. That's it for that.

Just to make things nicer to look at.

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Dot
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic King for a Day Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 08:42:19 PM »

you may want to fix a few things in this thread, the download link doesnt work and the videos too, other than that the moveset list sounds awesome

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
    PM if you add?

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 08:54:37 PM »

download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?a8zbaoblvgrpmpn

video 1:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf3fMfH3Ukw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf3fMfH3Ukw</a>

video 2:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGyloFwXDoA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGyloFwXDoA</a>

Hope that helps Person.

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 02:29:01 PM »

Okay I fixed the links but as I said before I won't really be able to clean it up till later. Don't worry I will soon though. And thanks for the info, I haven't really done much on Kc-mm forums yet.

DJ Lowgey
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 06:11:38 PM »

This Bomberman looks like a great project for all explosion lovers  Awesome Face
    The Character looks a little bit weird and the Mario-Moves must be replaced with new moves.
    He have Olimars soundbank right?
    A realy cool project!!  Smiley
    Are there any glitches?

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 06:32:19 PM »

The up and downsmashes don't work correctly. There is no hit box for down smash and there is no hitbox on the bomb in the upsmash.

Mansta8
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Stack Smash Team Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 06:44:27 PM »

I love using this with Olimar, exploding pikmin ftw.

Why does he blow himself up at the beginning of a match? He's awesome at SSE by the way, but the .pac is still compressed (It usually freezes in SSE) I fixed that http://www.mediafire.com/?3k2g4img8m88403

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 07:30:44 PM »

@ U0
    There are hitboxes on all the attacks its just that Olimar won't use them... Since Olimar usually uses Pikmin as hitboxes most of his bones won't even sustain them half the time. And sometimes its just the attack that won't allow that bone to work and then sometimes its just because I was messing with it too much and now even putting it back to its original code won't make it work anymore for some reason.

Olimar is a pain to deal with =.=... But as far as everything else, it's still in beta after all, I've changed most of Mario's attack animations for bomberman and I'm going to work on changing his more basic ones at some point but the most frustrating part has got to be the specials so until I can make those work, the rest will have to wait.

@ MANSTAB
    He blows up cause I think its funny =3
    .pac still compressed? What does that mean exactly and how can I fix it later? I've actually made some alterations to bomberman since releasing this...

Mansta8
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Stack Smash Team Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 10:19:44 PM »

The for pikmin00.pac is the same size as the pcs file, the pac should be bigger, to fix it use brawlbox, open his 00.pac and if you see the compression set to anything other than none, change it to none and save. Keep the compression the same when editing a pcs file.

The bombs in the A attacks should be black or red, so they aren't confused with ice bombs.
    « Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:27:17 PM by MANSTA8 » Logged

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 06:48:43 PM »

So recently I actually did something with bomberman.

1. I made the over special throw Links bombs.
    2. I made the down special place a pikmin(Bomb).
    3. I made it so that only one Pikmin could be put down at a time.
    4. I made it so that if you used down special while a Pikmin was already there, it would explode.
    5. I made the regular bombs you use in attacks black.

Pretty decent progress I think but I'm still running into a few issues.

1. Right after you place the Pikmin down its called to you. (Which wouldn't be a problem if the pikmin didn't take a few seconds in the air to come down to your position)
    2. The Pikmin are all still different elements and I need to edit them a bunch.
     - Need them all to be regular explosions
     - Need a new model for remote bomb
     - Need them to not explode for a long time (Currently they're on a timer)
     - Need them to not walk or follow Bomberman in any way. They still seem to teleport to him if he uses an attack near them.
    3. I need to edit bob-omb to look like a regular bomb and walk forward decently quickly until colliding with another character and the blast to be greatly reduced. I want to use it as Bombermans neutral special; bomb kick.

If anyone can help me with this itd be greatly appreciated ^^'

Edit: Tak fixing all of the smashes onto that list. I finally figured out why they weren't working... Thank you Eternal Yoshi, even when you aren't here you're still helping me.
    « Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:57:10 PM by frostymm » Logged

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 11:50:13 PM »

It's neat to see Bomberman come to life. I look forward to this moveset.

I know you're still in the beta stage, but eventually you should diversify the GFX of the explosions to make them less repetitive.

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 01:05:40 AM »

Well I've got some advice for you as to what to do for your problems but its not a pretty one...

Whenever I do a PSA I go through each PSA and study/test bit variables etc mostly the simple ones that modify stuff like articles and projectiles but you can learn alot about the variables.

As for some specific stuff:
    -Check Olimar's Forward Smash: Where he throws the pikmin or pikmin throw and then i suppose the way I'd do it would be something like (attach bomb/pikmin graphic) to ThrowN Bone, in the animation have bomberman kick and move the thrown bone how the bomb would fly, create hitbox of 0 damage, hitstun etc, then create a infinite loop in the Other section with
    if hitbox connects
     terminate collisions
    delete graphic
     spawn explosion GFX
     create hitbox for the explosion
     sync timer 1
     term collisions
     else
    NOP
    End if

It's just an idea but it is one of the best ways to false projectile stuff PM me if you need help with this technqiue/variation of false projectile.
    -Omni
    « Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 01:07:07 AM by Omniscient X » Logged

DARKW0lf
    Hyper Kitten

I told you 100 times adult link isn't my father!!!

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 02:11:26 AM »

hey i was going to make him:( but can i join

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
    Print
    Jump to: