Royal_Blade's PSA Solitude - New Poll: Hidden Link: Bombs, where should they go?

Started by Royal_Blade, August 05, 2011, 03:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bombs: Link pulls out a bomb from his bag. Deals no damage but the bomb will be in Link' hand after execution. If Link is holding an item, then he'll drop the item before pulling out the bomb. Where should they go?

Should it be his Down Tilt?
7 (53.8%)
Should it be his Neutral Air?
5 (38.5%)
Place your own comment.
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Quote from: AnImAiNe on July 22, 2012, 02:39:16 PM
Looks awesome. Thats the first time ive seen 2 sword trails at the same time

Thanks!

The Flamberge trail is actually Pit's trail and the Vorpal Sword's trail is the common blue trail.

So it turned out well!

Though they're being annoying to align with his blades...
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

I'm here for a very short time, but I explored some topics and fell on your topic Royal Blade.

Some little things concerning the progress on Lloyd:

The trails are really good, even if I find it a little odd to have trails like this, it's still a very good work and very accurate. But you must be right when you say it's hard to align... Good job for ending with such a good result.

And the last thing, nobody has noticed that you managed to add the Lloyd's cut in? Is it like this in game or not? Because if it's the case, congratulations! I think it can be a good idea to use for everybody who work on Tales of characters! It just has to be placed in a better place.

Sorry, I have to go! See you next time I come there on this topic. (I don't know when)


Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

Quote from: Psycho Philia on July 23, 2012, 04:57:44 PM
I'm here for a very short time, but I explored some topics and fell on your topic Royal Blade.

Some little things concerning the progress on Lloyd:

The trails are really good, even if I find it a little odd to have trails like this, it's still a very good work and very accurate. But you must be right when you say it's hard to align... Good job for ending with such a good result.

And the last thing, nobody has noticed that you managed to add the Lloyd's cut in? Is it like this in game or not? Because if it's the case, congratulations! I think it can be a good idea to use for everybody who work on Tales of characters! It just has to be placed in a better place.

Sorry, I have to go! See you next time I come there on this topic. (I don't know when)
I fixed the trails, they now properly align with the blades.

Your the first who noticed the Cut-in.

Yes, while it's not my main focus now, it will be to get it to appear like Peach's FS, over the screen. It's currently on Palutena's blue head glow piece thing...
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

thats excellent, i was wondering why some people havent put in cut ins yet for certain psas.

Lloyd and Kratos are looking great so far! The cut in is a very nice touch.

^ Has to be kidding about being the first to notice the cut in. I think everyone should've seen that on the day you put it up. At least I hope they did. Either, way, this is looking awesome so far.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Quote from: Kienamaru on July 30, 2012, 06:29:55 AM
^ Has to be kidding about being the first to notice the cut in. I think everyone should've seen that on the day you put it up. At least I hope they did. Either, way, this is looking awesome so far.
Well, first to post about it. I'm sure people noticed them the day they were posted.


Also New Poll. And this one isn't a silly one. Promise.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

So, I said that I'd think of a moveset for Aafyre's Kabutops, and I have.

It's not 100% done, but it's pretty much good to show off. And the throws are being kept secret.

Specials are shown first because some can influence his other moves.
Kabutops over Falco
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also, I want to fix up my Hidden Link PSA to be more useful in combat. (Like if people want to actually fight with the PSA against other people) So I'm planning on doing the following changes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

However, I want to put Bombs back into the moveset. But I don't know where to put it...

I'm thinking either put the Bombs as the down special and move the Backslice to... somewhere... (Side Smash maybe?) I don't like this option because I like the Backslice in general and don't want to move it. But i may have to.

OR keep the Backslice as the down special but have bombs be active either via tilt or aerial attack. (Like Down Tilt or Neutral Air.)

What do you guys think?

EDIT: I'm also gonna change some of Link's attributes to make him a nimble fighter yet still keep his mid-heavy weight status.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

I think we'll see who's Link is better. Mine or yours. Heheh, but here's an idea. Move the back slice to be a part of his normal front dodge. If you press the button he attacks out of it, if not well... Its a dodge.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

^This. Back Slice makes more sense as a forward roll attack, to me. That way, Down Special is open for the taking. Also, maybe have Side Special be chargeable for Knight's Slam? Also, Shield Bash Ftilt, you said? Maybe have it parry incoming attacks? V0.2 of EternalYoshi's Sora had a really cool Down Special where Sora would parry any incoming attack that didn't have transcendent priority, as well as intangibility frames to block those, too. I don't know how EternalYoshi did it, but no matter how much damage the incoming attack did, Sora's Reflect would ALWAYS clank with it, allowing Sora the opportunity to counter-attack as he saw fit.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

The thing is...

I don't want to do that because no other character has a move like that... I like to keep all of my movesets to be kept under the same constraint that vbrawl characters have.

Okay, I know that we can modify the movesets as uniquely as we want, but I don't want to grant one character an action that another can't perform. (Specials are a different case.)


And yeah, Shield Bash is the FTilt. Parrying attacks? Hmm... It can already deal damage, reflect projectiles, and has very low end lag. And plus, by default, two intercepting collisions will negate each other. I think that'd be too good for an f-tilt.


And I'll probably not do a chargeable Jump Strike because what would charging do? The charged version in twilight princess was useful for clearing enemies. There aren't that many enemies to clear.
Plus, playing against human players, it's quite predictable to see it coming. Since it works off being fully charged to execute.


And for Bombs, I have an idea:
Down Tilt will pull out bombs.
But if he had an item in his hand, he'll drop the item and pull out the bomb.

That way, you can constantly drop bombs by DTilting around the stage. That'd make an interesting fighting mechanic.
^ Potential Mind games.


And I just realized that I've been saying "Jump Strike" as "Jump Attack". So whenever I've said "Jump Strike" before, i meant "Jump Attack".
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

I suppose I can respect that decision. After all, it will already clank with anything dealing 11% or less. Having it clank with just anything might be a little ridiculous. As is, it still feels like it should be Neutral Special rather than ftilt, but oh well.

On the other hand, I feel like as long as you're not going to run out of filesize, there's no reason NOT to make Jump Attack chargeable. Knight's Slam creates a gust of wind around it when it lands, as well as dealing damage, right? It could be used as a gimp with proper timing. And besides, it would be fun in SSE.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

I put the shield bash as a tilt because it works better.

Plus, I'm putting link's bow back in, so I had to move the shield bash. And F-tilt was the only sensible placement.

And I'll think about the chargeable Jump Attack > Jump Strike. I'll probably be a ground only charge sort of deal. I'll hold that idea for after.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

What is Knight's Slam? Is he talking about the jump strike? Hah teiyaaah!
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

I don't know why I keep calling it Knight's Slam. It is indeed the Jump Strike. lolfail.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."