Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21
Author Topic: Wii System Menu 4.3 (HBC Updated!)  (Read 161355 times)
Blue
Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #165 on: November 10, 2009, 08:18:43 AM »

Update the HomeBrew channel the the latest release, VIA Wi-Fi, then update, I didn't know it would remove homebrew channel, and I randomly got "Homebrew Channel has a new update" Message, then afterwards decided to update my wii, homebrew still there.

Screw signature's, I have the number 42.

SvenStryphart
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #166 on: November 10, 2009, 11:40:57 PM »

Is there anything new to update that is worth while having 4.2? I mean granted the NSMB (New Super Mario Bros) Wii might make upgrade. But just wondering. I was also reading on Wiibrew that they found away to keep homebrew with 4.2 but a different method.

I've finally remembered my account info Smiley

ItalianStallion
Weapon X
Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #167 on: November 11, 2009, 12:05:15 AM »

Is there anything new to update that is worth while having 4.2? I mean granted the NSMB (New Super Mario Bros) Wii might make upgrade. But just wondering. I was also reading on Wiibrew that they found away to keep homebrew with 4.2 but a different method.

yeh but its all buggy n [censored]. i still havent heard of someone that has 4.2 where everything works perfectly. nothin messes up and wads work fine. only reason why i would download 4.2 is if the SMBW game needs to be on 4.2 which i doubt n i miss when i had the little sd icon thing on 4.0 where it would go on n off depending if the sd was inside or not lol

STUFF2o
    A Dapper Young Gentleman
    Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #168 on: November 11, 2009, 02:17:05 PM »

yeh but its all buggy n [censored]. i still havent heard of someone that has 4.2 where everything works perfectly. nothin messes up and wads work fine. only reason why i would download 4.2 is if the SMBW game needs to be on 4.2 which i doubt n i miss when i had the little sd icon thing on 4.0 where it would go on n off depending if the sd was inside or not lol
    Actually, NSMBW DOES require 4.2, but Gecko can bypass that.

STUFF2o
    A Dapper Young Gentleman
    Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #169 on: November 11, 2009, 02:18:07 PM »

So, from what WiiBrew says, there's a chance of the Wii getting bricked even if it wasn't hacked?  That's BS.

Lemme get this straight, I update my HBC, update the Wii, and I'll still have HBC.  What about my Gecko wad? Does that stay? It wouldn't work anyways, considering that it's a 19.2b Gecko.  I'm just scared that this'll brick my Wii.
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 06:00:07 PM by STUFF2o » Logged

SvenStryphart
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #170 on: November 11, 2009, 10:03:42 PM »

hmmm good point idk what to do. Some people say it is safe while others are saying it is but you void your warranty. or people are just saying no it doesn't work sigh just wish nintendo would admit that they for once made a mistake. I understand of not pirating games but Nintendo is technincally doing the same by releasing .WAD games on the Wii which are just edited roms.

Tyeforce
    Hyper Kitten

Nintendo/Sonic Fanboy

• Awards Hot Topic

« Reply #171 on: November 11, 2009, 11:36:57 PM »

So, from what WiiBrew says, there's a chance of the Wii getting bricked even if it wasn't hacked?  That's BS.

Lemme get this straight, I update my HBC, update the Wii, and I'll still have HBC.  What about my Gecko wad? Does that stay? It wouldn't work anyways, considering that it's a 19.2b Gecko.  I'm just scared that this'll brick my Wii.
    It won't brick your Wii. It's safe, trust me. Don't listen to people who are telling you not to update when they haven't updated themselves, so they don't even know.

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

• Awards Hot Topic Pin Collector Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #172 on: November 11, 2009, 11:50:13 PM »

It won't brick your Wii. It's safe, trust me. Don't listen to people who are telling you not to update when they haven't updated themselves, so they don't even know.

Don't tell people to update when you don't know [censored] about what's in the System Menu.

Anyone starting to make decisions for other people will receive their post deleted, and a warning. I'm tired of this.

It's YOUR (the person that has the thoughts of updating) choice, and YOUR choice only.

If you want information on the damn thing, it's in the first post, so [censored] TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT.

Sheesh.
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 11:51:58 PM by Shadow » Logged

(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
    (8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
    (8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #173 on: November 11, 2009, 11:53:46 PM »

i still dont understand wat the big deal is with updating the system menu. if u do update to 4.2 n ur [censored] fucks up dont come here crying "oh em gee i dont have homebrez anymoor" well [censored] ur an idiot for updatin it when theres a chance of it bricking ur wii. now if u have big hairy balls n want to do it n it magically worked n nothin got deleted or no brick (which i doubt) then good for u.

STUFF2o
    A Dapper Young Gentleman
    Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #174 on: November 12, 2009, 03:38:01 PM »

i still dont understand wat the big deal is with updating the system menu. if u do update to 4.2 n ur [censored] fucks up dont come here crying "oh em gee i dont have homebrez anymoor" well [censored] ur an idiot for updatin it when theres a chance of it bricking ur wii. now if u have big hairy balls n want to do it n it magically worked n nothin got deleted or no brick (which i doubt) then good for u.

It's for NSMBW...

@Shadow
    I DID read the first post, but I just want to know what the chances are that my Wii could brick.

SvenStryphart
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #175 on: November 12, 2009, 09:52:39 PM »

Well I tried it I updated my Wii to system Menu 4.2 seems like I can run Homebrew apps but haven't tested them yet. However if you currently play Brawl+5.0 from the SD card the Homebrew + Gecko OS trick doesn't work anymore. You have to use the StageBuilder thing from Brawlplus.net which in terms sorta blows due to no custom music, or textures atleast thats how its going with mine currently at the moment. Hopefully Nintendo will release another update which will fix this or maybe the Wiibrew team can find a way around this.

And yes I even tried copying my old files over and those didn't work either

catgowoof
    Extreme Kitten

Meow.

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #176 on: November 12, 2009, 11:27:27 PM »

Hopefully Nintendo will release another update which will fix this

Nintendo fixing something they are trying to stop?  The [censored]?

SvenStryphart
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #177 on: November 13, 2009, 12:11:28 AM »

lol I found something to fix my problem with 4.2 apparently it was my Gecko OS that was messing up. There is a 1.9.3 version somewhere I forgot where but the 1.9.2 and 1.9.2b do not work with the new firmware.

Plasmakirby
    The ONLY Master of Plasma
    Supreme Kitten

The Power of Plasma Compells U

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #178 on: November 14, 2009, 04:43:49 PM »

Quote from: STUFF2o

Gecko OS, or usb gecko? please say gecko OS. if OS CAN bypass that, then i don't need to update to play SMB Wii, i just need to go to gecko OS instead of the disk channel, and it should work fine, right?

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

• Awards Hot Topic Pin Collector Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #179 on: November 14, 2009, 04:55:39 PM »

Quote from: STUFF2o

Gecko OS, or usb gecko? please say gecko OS. if OS CAN bypass that, then i don't need to update to play SMB Wii, i just need to go to gecko OS instead of the disk channel, and it should work fine, right?

Gecko OS.

(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
    (8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
    (8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21
    Print
    Jump to: