Wii System Menu 4.3 (HBC Updated!)

Started by Vyse, September 29, 2009, 03:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ah i see some ppl wants to play NSMBW,can you use codes if your playing on a old system?
I have 4.2 and HBC i can change certen things in the game *Cough*Cough files*Cough*


November 19, 2009, 12:39:48 AM #196 Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 06:10:43 PM by Blue
There seem's to be a new update past 4.2 I'll update to see stuff. Edit: I still have HBC thank god.... update  is 4.2u?) HBC still works fine.
Screw signature's, I have the number 42.


I just updated to 4.2 via New Super Mario Bros. Wii... and my HBC is still there. Should I risk trying to boot it up?


AFAIK the only time an update has bricked systems was the old 4.2, which replaced the boot2 to try to get rid of BootMii. I don't think it does that anymore, because it could brick consoles without homebrew as well.
Nintendo doesn't want to break your Wii, they just want to get rid of homebrew.

what happens when 4.3 comes out? can we just use this again to update?

Quote from: misterpimp5757 on April 10, 2010, 08:24:13 PM
what happens when 4.3 comes out? can we just use this again to update?
Don't update your Wii ever.

and you won't have that problem.

June 22, 2010, 08:20:28 PM #202 Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:43:35 PM by mnsg
I'd like to point out that Wii System Menu 4.3 has been released.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu_4.3

This System Menu is a major Homebrew killer, unlike System Menu 4.2, so DO NOT update your Wii at this time.

Edit: If you want to update the Wii Shop Channel, get hold of the WiiSCU Hombrew application.  Newest version is 0.24, which lets you choose which version of the Shop Channel to install, ranging between v19 and v25; latest version is v19.

My brother updated the wii, and the SD loader still works fine. No problems :)
Father:Demonsplay Mother: Iris<br />Granpa:Nuke    siblings: polaris   companion: still searching<br />: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=15103.msg260765#msg260765
Join the other recruits at: http://gunsontop.webs.com/


Alright, I've updated the first post. Thinking about sending out another mass PM warning everyone.

lets just say this:nintendo is an [censored]
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


I updated to 4.1 and everything seems to work fine. The reason was to show off though....
There are no improvements on the new 4.3 that 4.1 or 4.0 have so what's the point of updating....except showing off...

Made by my best friend, Annelies.
My High quality BRSTMs Collection!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59370.0

Quote from: Pokechao on June 23, 2010, 05:37:21 PM
lets just say this:nintendo is an [censored]
This, also I don't have any games that need an update to be installed in order to play them (yet). Just wait 'till some HomeBrew hackers come with a new program that can be used on 4.3. Just wait, just wait.....


Quote from: RoxasDe on June 23, 2010, 06:29:09 PM
I updated to 4.1 and everything seems to work fine. The reason was to show off though....
There are no improvements on the new 4.3 that 4.1 or 4.0 have so what's the point of updating....except showing off...
Your right, no new content was added, but we all know the new games coming out will all make you update, so you'll have to play them through gecko, but eventually we'll get past nintendo and they'll update to 4.4, etc.