Wii System Menu 4.3 (HBC Updated!)

Started by Vyse, September 29, 2009, 03:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Update the HomeBrew channel the the latest release, VIA Wi-Fi, then update, I didn't know it would remove homebrew channel, and I randomly got "Homebrew Channel has a new update" Message, then afterwards decided to update my wii, homebrew still there.
Screw signature's, I have the number 42.

Is there anything new to update that is worth while having 4.2? I mean granted the NSMB (New Super Mario Bros) Wii might make upgrade. But just wondering. I was also reading on Wiibrew that they found away to keep homebrew with 4.2 but a different method.
I've finally remembered my account info :)

Quote from: SvenStryphart on November 11, 2009, 06:40:57 AM
Is there anything new to update that is worth while having 4.2? I mean granted the NSMB (New Super Mario Bros) Wii might make upgrade. But just wondering. I was also reading on Wiibrew that they found away to keep homebrew with 4.2 but a different method.

yeh but its all buggy n [censored]. i still havent heard of someone that has 4.2 where everything works perfectly. nothin messes up and wads work fine. only reason why i would download 4.2 is if the SMBW game needs to be on 4.2 which i doubt n i miss when i had the little sd icon thing on 4.0 where it would go on n off depending if the sd was inside or not lol

Quote from: ItalianStallion on November 11, 2009, 07:05:15 AM
Quote from: SvenStryphart on November 11, 2009, 06:40:57 AM
Is there anything new to update that is worth while having 4.2? I mean granted the NSMB (New Super Mario Bros) Wii might make upgrade. But just wondering. I was also reading on Wiibrew that they found away to keep homebrew with 4.2 but a different method.

yeh but its all buggy n [censored]. i still havent heard of someone that has 4.2 where everything works perfectly. nothin messes up and wads work fine. only reason why i would download 4.2 is if the SMBW game needs to be on 4.2 which i doubt n i miss when i had the little sd icon thing on 4.0 where it would go on n off depending if the sd was inside or not lol
Actually, NSMBW DOES require 4.2, but Gecko can bypass that.


November 11, 2009, 09:18:07 PM #169 Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:00:07 AM by STUFF2o
So, from what WiiBrew says, there's a chance of the Wii getting bricked even if it wasn't hacked?  That's BS.

Lemme get this straight, I update my HBC, update the Wii, and I'll still have HBC.  What about my Gecko wad? Does that stay? It wouldn't work anyways, considering that it's a 19.2b Gecko.  I'm just scared that this'll brick my Wii.


hmmm good point idk what to do. Some people say it is safe while others are saying it is but you void your warranty. or people are just saying no it doesn't work sigh just wish nintendo would admit that they for once made a mistake. I understand of not pirating games but Nintendo is technincally doing the same by releasing .WAD games on the Wii which are just edited roms.
I've finally remembered my account info :)

Quote from: STUFF2o on November 11, 2009, 09:18:07 PM
So, from what WiiBrew says, there's a chance of the Wii getting bricked even if it wasn't hacked?  That's BS.

Lemme get this straight, I update my HBC, update the Wii, and I'll still have HBC.  What about my Gecko wad? Does that stay? It wouldn't work anyways, considering that it's a 19.2b Gecko.  I'm just scared that this'll brick my Wii.
It won't brick your Wii. It's safe, trust me. Don't listen to people who are telling you not to update when they haven't updated themselves, so they don't even know.

November 12, 2009, 06:50:13 AM #172 Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 06:51:58 AM by Shadow
Quote from: Tyeforce on November 12, 2009, 06:36:57 AM
Quote from: STUFF2o on November 11, 2009, 09:18:07 PM
So, from what WiiBrew says, there's a chance of the Wii getting bricked even if it wasn't hacked?  That's BS.

Lemme get this straight, I update my HBC, update the Wii, and I'll still have HBC.  What about my Gecko wad? Does that stay? It wouldn't work anyways, considering that it's a 19.2b Gecko.  I'm just scared that this'll brick my Wii.
It won't brick your Wii. It's safe, trust me. Don't listen to people who are telling you not to update when they haven't updated themselves, so they don't even know.

Don't tell people to update when you don't know [censored] about what's in the System Menu.

Anyone starting to make decisions for other people will receive their post deleted, and a warning. I'm tired of this.




It's YOUR (the person that has the thoughts of updating) choice, and YOUR choice only.

If you want information on the damn thing, it's in the first post, so [censored] TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT.

Sheesh.
(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
(8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
(8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

i still dont understand wat the big deal is with updating the system menu. if u do update to 4.2 n ur [censored] fucks up dont come here crying "oh em gee i dont have homebrez anymoor" well [censored] ur an idiot for updatin it when theres a chance of it bricking ur wii. now if u have big hairy balls n want to do it n it magically worked n nothin got deleted or no brick (which i doubt) then good for u.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on November 12, 2009, 06:53:46 AM
i still dont understand wat the big deal is with updating the system menu. if u do update to 4.2 n ur [censored] fucks up dont come here crying "oh em gee i dont have homebrez anymoor" well [censored] ur an idiot for updatin it when theres a chance of it bricking ur wii. now if u have big hairy balls n want to do it n it magically worked n nothin got deleted or no brick (which i doubt) then good for u.

It's for NSMBW...

@Shadow
I DID read the first post, but I just want to know what the chances are that my Wii could brick.


Well I tried it I updated my Wii to system Menu 4.2 seems like I can run Homebrew apps but haven't tested them yet. However if you currently play Brawl+5.0 from the SD card the Homebrew + Gecko OS trick doesn't work anymore. You have to use the StageBuilder thing from Brawlplus.net which in terms sorta blows due to no custom music, or textures atleast thats how its going with mine currently at the moment. Hopefully Nintendo will release another update which will fix this or maybe the Wiibrew team can find a way around this.

And yes I even tried copying my old files over and those didn't work either
I've finally remembered my account info :)

Quote from: SvenStryphart on November 13, 2009, 04:52:39 AM
Hopefully Nintendo will release another update which will fix this

Nintendo fixing something they are trying to stop?  The [censored]?


lol I found something to fix my problem with 4.2 apparently it was my Gecko OS that was messing up. There is a 1.9.3 version somewhere I forgot where but the 1.9.2 and 1.9.2b do not work with the new firmware.
I've finally remembered my account info :)

Quote from: STUFF2o
Actually, NSMBW DOES require 4.2, but Gecko can bypass that.

Gecko OS, or usb gecko? please say gecko OS. if OS CAN bypass that, then i don't need to update to play SMB Wii, i just need to go to gecko OS instead of the disk channel, and it should work fine, right?


Quote from: Plasmakirby on November 14, 2009, 11:43:49 PM
Quote from: STUFF2o
Actually, NSMBW DOES require 4.2, but Gecko can bypass that.

Gecko OS, or usb gecko? please say gecko OS. if OS CAN bypass that, then i don't need to update to play SMB Wii, i just need to go to gecko OS instead of the disk channel, and it should work fine, right?

Gecko OS.
(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
(8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
(8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.