Wii System Menu 4.3 (HBC Updated!)

Started by Vyse, September 29, 2009, 03:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

But there are no positive aspects to this update whatsoever.

I just don't understand, I guess.

Why? If the update offers less than the one before, why want to update?
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

I can't stay at 4.1, I have to update. I can't live with having an out of date Wii. I know, it sounds dumb. It just bugs me a lot. Unfortunately (or fortunately, because it gives me more time to see if it's 100% safe or not...), I can't connect my Wii to the wi-fi where I'm at, so I can't update. >_>

Quote from: VILE on September 29, 2009, 02:00:50 PM
Why? If the update offers less than the one before, why want to update?
What do you mean offers less? If you mean less as in less homebrew, that doesn't matter to me. The only homebrew I use is Gecko OS for Brawl. I just hate knowing that there's an update for my system out there that I don't have yet. I guess it's just a little OCD thing I have.

It offers the exact same as 4.1, but without any homebrew capabilities. You wont even be able to use gecko or play burnt games, just about the only game you will still be able to use codes on it brawl and even that is an annoying process to go through every time you need to test something.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Quote from: VILE on September 29, 2009, 02:11:01 PM
It offers the exact same as 4.1, but without any homebrew capabilities. You wont even be able to use gecko or play burnt games, just about the only game you will still be able to use codes on it brawl and even that is an annoying process to go through every time you need to test something.

Uh... No? I haven't heard this disabling the Gecko OS channel.
(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
(8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
(8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

This doesn't seem like a too important update (like 4.0 was), so I think I can live without this one.  :)

Quote from: Shadow on September 29, 2009, 02:27:10 PM
Quote from: VILE on September 29, 2009, 02:11:01 PM
It offers the exact same as 4.1, but without any homebrew capabilities. You wont even be able to use gecko or play burnt games, just about the only game you will still be able to use codes on it brawl and even that is an annoying process to go through every time you need to test something.

Uh... No? I haven't heard this disabling the Gecko OS channel.
Yeah, neither have I... I heard it just removes the Homebrew Channel, which you can easily reinstall with the Smash Stack Stage Builder exploit.

Hopefully they release a new hack for 4.2.
I'd hate it to end up like PSP homebrew, where downgrading is pretty much impossible.

I traded my PSP for a friend's older one so I could hack it. Didn't wanna make a Pandora battery x_x

Quote from: Vyse on September 29, 2009, 07:09:00 PM
I traded my PSP for a friend's older one so I could hack it. Didn't wanna make a Pandora battery x_x

Making that damn Battery is equally impossible now, All new boughten PSP's are at firmware 5.0 or higher.

If you buy an used one its usually already updated.

My PSP died entirely, it wasn't bricked, a change in battery didn't do anything, so I don't have homebrew on it anymore.  :oshi:

lol, Nintendo fails.
"Why create when you know it will only be destroyed? Why cling to life, knowing you have to die?" ~ Kefka Palazzo


Click here to level up my card!

Quote from: OizenX on September 29, 2009, 07:07:14 PM
Hopefully they release a new hack for 4.2.
I'd hate it to end up like PSP homebrew, where downgrading is pretty much impossible.
There are already two; Indiana Pwns and Stack Smash.

Having a not updated Wii bugs you?
You realize there is NO change between 4.1 and 4.2. Except for deleting the HomeBrew Channel.

Quote from: Tyeforce on September 29, 2009, 07:33:05 PM
Quote from: OizenX on September 29, 2009, 07:07:14 PM
Hopefully they release a new hack for 4.2.
I'd hate it to end up like PSP homebrew, where downgrading is pretty much impossible.
There are already two; Indiana Pwns and Stack Smash.
I assume that you need the game discs to do any of those. (In that case, I'll be screwed if I update.)