..::School of Vertex::.. -CLOSED-

Started by StarWaffle, September 09, 2011, 02:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Hey, I guess I'll give it a shot since I'm trying to attempt on vertexing a few days ago.

I have all the necessary supplies

Screen name: KudoKai
Current Skill level: 2.5/10
Age: 18
and enough motivation to try

Quote from: SonicBrawler on September 10, 2011, 12:50:56 AM
could you/someone use fraps or somethign to record this? i want to learn, but i have school and stuff
yeah... i probably will wont be out of school and get back by 3:30-4:00 (6:30-7:00 PST) on Wednesdays and Fridays, 3:45-5:00 (6:45-8:00 PST), and 2:30-3:00 on Mondays... so, something like FRAPS w/audio would be really great, or a copy of the chat. Weekends, I'll most like be with my friends, so... maybe weekends xD
[move]rar! rar! rar! --8o8 Dark[/move]


I'd LOVE to learn how to vertex! AND I have all the materials...

But alas, I suffer 2 fatal flaws:

1) I do not have a "xat" name, as I have never been to the site. And if I have, I forgot my screen name.
2) I get confused very easily, so I may bother whoever's teaching...

Sorry, but I cannot attend.

I wish I could, though... :'(
Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

If you guys don't get it sometimes I'll be here to tutor you. :D

I've got a friendly suggestion: replace the chatroom lectures with written guides and tutorial videos. Hear me out on this:

I'm in college and I'm currently taking 2 online classes. These online classes include written lessons & readings (almost the same thing), video lessons, and assignments for me to turn in online. I LOVE online classes because there aren't any live lectures. This allows me to "go to class" any time I want. I think this is what you should be going for.

I totally support your vertex school, but many of us (myself included: I've got a 5:00 class on weekdays) just can't sign up for this because of schedule conflicts. I don't think a chatroom lecture is really necessary; the only advantage over a pre-written lesson is that you can ask questions live. In a straightforward subject like this, I don't see too many questions being asked. If anything, your students could simply send you a pm; they're going to do this anyway when they run into problems doing their "homework".

I know that replacing the chatroom with written lessons and videos would completely change your class, but it's a very efficient system that I assume most colleges are already using. You'll still have assignments and exams, but now you'll get MUCH more students.  ;D

Wow, this is perfect timing as I have recently been looking into vertexing :D

Screen name: Pixels
Current skill level: 1.5/10 (I've only read about half a tutorial and a bit of experimenting)
Age: 15

I also have all the necessary materials~

I think SW planned on people following his instructions at the same time as he was showing/explaining them. So that everyone is able to do the steps at the same time, and so that he can answer to questions all at once, more easily ...
Just giving written lessons is also quite different in a way, since you need to be able to motivate yourself and do things on your own, instead of with the group. And if you have questions, you'll have to contact the teacher on your own, sometimes have to wait a long time, etc ... All of those damaging your motivation meter. .-.

I understand if some people can't attend all classes and wish to just get tutorials, but the interest of the class is that ... it's a class. .-.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

September 10, 2011, 12:39:34 PM #53 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:52:00 PM by Mardic
Quote from: StarWaffle on September 09, 2011, 02:05:23 AM
SEPTEMBER 20th @ 5:00pm PST
my time is EST so i don't know if it's 5 o'clock in your time, please tell me the time i should be here for my time and also I get home at 5:30 can you extend the time to 6:00 PM?

Also:
Screen name: Mardic
Current skill level: 0.5/10 (Yeah I just joined and I need someone to send me there 3DS Max 8 for me please)
Age: 16
I have:
-A computer
-BrawlBox
-Photoshop CS5 - Trial Only (the class has to start soon)
- good Motivation to join

things i need help with or sending to me are:
3DSMax 8
MK64n's Script
COLLADAMAX for 3DSMax 8


So, do we get homework and junk?
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


September 10, 2011, 02:04:59 PM #55 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 06:17:49 PM by Miacis Ballard
Quote from: Mardic on September 10, 2011, 12:39:34 PM
my time is EST so i don't know if it's 5 o'clock in your time, please tell me the time i should be here for my time and also I get home at 5:30 can you extend the time to 6:00 PM?
SEPTEMBER 20th @ 5:00pm PST

SEPTEMBER 20th @ 8:00pm EST

SEPTEMBER 21th @ 1:00am GMT
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

does that mean i have to be online at midnight?!?!?!?!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?

Quote from: Dot on September 10, 2011, 02:07:20 PM
does that mean i have to be online at midnight?!?!?!?!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!




Basically yeah.

September 10, 2011, 03:41:40 PM #58 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 03:53:51 PM by BlazingFury
Screen name:BlazingFury100
Current skill level: 0/10 :'(
Age:16

Im Ready to learn :af2:

My computer runs on windows xp and it has crappy ram >:()
Will update soon bc I dont have 3dsmax as of now


School Supplies:
-A computer (CHECK)
-BrawlBox(CHECK)
-AiS(WHERE DO I GET THIS I searched it on google I could not find it  :>.>:
-3DSmax 8
 3DS max COLLADA script(SAME AS AIS)
 Mariokart64n Script(same as AIS)
-Photo editing program (Gimp preferred) (GOT PHOTOSHOP CHECK)
-A bunch of Motivation(CHECK)



Screen name: Mariofan1138
Current skill level: 2/10 I've done vertexing, but upon export/patching I've failed miserably.
Age: 17

I have all the supplies, but I use Photoshop instead of Gimp; I assume there won't be any problems.

@Miacis
SEPTEMBER 20th @ 8:00pm EST not 7:00pm. EST is 3 hours off of PST