..::School of Vertex::.. -CLOSED-

Started by StarWaffle, September 09, 2011, 02:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Screen name: camonsters
Current skill level: 4/10 I have done vertexes but I used ddvb2 and they were crap.
Age: 17

Quote from: mariofan1138 on September 10, 2011, 04:01:58 PM
Screen name: Mariofan1138
Current skill level: 2/10 I've done vertexing, but upon export/patching I've failed miserably.
Age: 17

I have all the supplies, but I use Photoshop instead of Gimp; I assume there won't be any problems.

@Miacis
SEPTEMBER 20th @ 8:00pm EST not 7:00pm. EST is 3 hours off of PST
8:00? I got to get up for school at like 5:30 AM. Make it 5:30 PM EST That's when i get home

September 10, 2011, 06:14:21 PM #62 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 06:22:37 PM by Miacis Ballard
Quote from: BlazingFury on September 10, 2011, 03:41:40 PM
-AiS(WHERE DO I GET THIS I searched it on google I could not find it  :>.>:
-3DSmax 8
 3DS max COLLADA script(SAME AS AIS)
 Mariokart64n Script(same as AIS)
Order of priorities :
1) Check if it's not mentionned in the thread.
2) Check if it's not somewhere in the Tutorials section.
3) Check Google.

Next time, read the thread first. I already posted a link to those, and I don't plan on repeating it for every student :
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=32362.msg671387#msg671387

Quote from: mariofan1138 on September 10, 2011, 04:01:58 PM
@Miacis
SEPTEMBER 20th @ 8:00pm EST not 7:00pm. EST is 3 hours off of PST
Yeah, the Daylights Saving Time thingie kinda threw me off. .-. I'll fix it.

Quote from: Dot on September 10, 2011, 02:07:20 PM
does that mean i have to be online at midnight?!?!?!?!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Actually, make it 1 AM. I screwed up my calculus. :P
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.





Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 10, 2011, 11:43:59 AM
I think SW planned on people following his instructions at the same time as he was showing/explaining them. So that everyone is able to do the steps at the same time, and so that he can answer to questions all at once, more easily ...
Just giving written lessons is also quite different in a way, since you need to be able to motivate yourself and do things on your own, instead of with the group. And if you have questions, you'll have to contact the teacher on your own, sometimes have to wait a long time, etc ... All of those damaging your motivation meter. .-.

I understand if some people can't attend all classes and wish to just get tutorials, but the interest of the class is that ... it's a class. .-.

Well, you make some good points but getting every single student together at the same time is just too inconvenient, and I've noticed a lot of posts saying "I really want this, but I can't attend every class".

Sure, you can ask questions live during a chatroom lecture, but I'm sure most students will have questions only once they've started working on their "homework". They're going to have to wait either way. This is a straightforward subject, so I don't see too many questions being asked anyway. Students with questions can simply ask around the forums (or use the search function if it's already been asked). Other students can help too, so it's not like there's only one person you can ask.

During lectures, I imagine Starwaffle will copy/paste bits of a pre-written lesson, wait about 2 minutes for questions to be asked, and then move on. This forces everyone to comprehend at the same speed; someone could easily get way behind. Students could just log in, not pay attention, and copy the entire lesson to read later. With this being the case, you may as well just give everyone the entire written lecture before or after each session.

What do you think, Starwaffle? The goal here should be to help out as much of the community as possible. If anything, why not just copy/record the entire chatroom session and give it to all students present and absent so that they can review it?. Why punish users (who really want to learn), just because they don't have flexible schedules?

September 10, 2011, 09:26:35 PM #68 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:22:59 PM by MandoWolfe
Well my time is Central time, So that will be around 7pm am i right? or is it 3pm? can someone tell me?

well i have these school supplies:
-A labtop
-BrawlBox .63d and .64d
-AiS
 3DS max COLLADA script
Mariokart64n Script (need some help with this part please)
- I have Gimp 2 and Paint.NET
- I have plenty of motavation for this. :D i was to make some vertexes of characters here.


Screen Name: MandoWolfe
Current Skill Level : 0/10 I'm more into SFX's, cant really draw either, but i need to learn this.
Age: 18

These are some of the things i need help with if someone can:

- 3DS Max (the torrent file i keep trying to download arent working properly, so if someone could give me the torrent file they used, i would really appriciate that.)

- Mariokart64n Script (i'm not even too sure what this is)

I think i may need some help with the other stuff for 3DS Max, mainly because i want to make sure the ones i downloaded are the right files.

Please someone help me with this.


Soon enough... I'll show you my true power.

  i have: -a computer -Brawlbox -Ais -3DSmax 8  3DS max COLLADA script  Mariokart64n Script -GIMP - Photoshop ,  Age: 18 (Must Be Patient with) Current skill Level: .4/10 Mikuru?
Keep studying the greats honey, I'm one of them.
KCMM Alumn.

September 10, 2011, 09:38:34 PM #70 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 09:40:04 PM by Mardic
hey starwaffle, i have:
Latest version of GIMP
Photoshop CS5 Trial Version
BrawlBox 63 and 64d
Paint.NET
COLLADA Script
and MK64n's Script and AiS
Things I need you to help me with:
Getting 3DSMax 8 full version. (Basically need yours)
importing .dae files
SmashClash my tutor, you can help me too

Could I actually come on as a fellow instructor? The more points of view on one topic the better. I'm almost positive I can offer a hand with the creativity lesson.

I'd love to join, but...
1. I've just been grounded for a month.
2. 3DS Max 8 is messing around with me. I activated it, but it's asking me to reactivate it :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Majora on September 10, 2011, 10:14:22 PM
Could I actually come on as a fellow instructor? The more points of view on one topic the better. I'm almost positive I can offer a hand with the creativity lesson.
you talking to me?
Quote from: Segtendoman.EXE on September 10, 2011, 10:32:24 PM
I'd love to join, but...
1. I've just been grounded for a month.
Grounded? Aren't you like 18?

i think that was meant to starwaffle
...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?