Beyonds Love Temple

Started by Beyond, October 24, 2011, 03:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Love is ___________.

Friendship
Magic
Beyond
Evil
Tits
Quote from: DSX8 on November 07, 2011, 10:28:47 PM
nope... ur not allowed to move the bones otherwise the animations would look messed up

Well, crap...

Make the whole process seem like a crap-shoot to me then.

How badly do the animations mess up if the bones are moved? Unless you've already rigged it, I don't see how it's a problem.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on November 07, 2011, 10:31:12 PMWell, crap... Make the whole process seem like a crap-shoot to me then. How badly do the animations mess up if the bones are moved? Unless you've already rigged it, I don't see how it's a problem.

like pikadorf bad with the buzz of death
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

If you were to move the finger bone and re-rig it, then see how it would look with one of the PSA's pre-existing animations, the thumb would stretch to fix the translations that are already in place.

So it would still look weird.

But as SDoom said, it can be fixed by changing the translations via animation, and it's much simpler and quicker than re-rigging it so there's no point in even bothering to do so.

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on November 07, 2011, 10:33:43 PM
If you were to move the finger bone and re-rig it, then see how it would look with one of the PSA's pre-existing animations, the thumb would stretch to fix the translations that are already in place.

So it would still look weird.

But as SDoom said, it can be fixed by changing the translations via animation, and it's much simpler and quicker than re-rigging it so there's no point in even bothering to do so.

No. What I meant is this.

You have your model, then you have your bone set. You have not rigged ANYTHING yet. Nothing. Nada, nill, etc. Could you not fix the lengths THEN, in 3DSMAX, before you have rigged anything?

-or is it just a pipe-dream?

Also, show me an example of fixing those problems using translations.

@SDo0M: So basically your....Wait. No. That's not what you meant, nevermind...

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on November 07, 2011, 10:37:43 PMNo. What I meant is this. You have your model, then you have your bone set. You have not rigged ANYTHING yet. Nothing. Nada, nill, etc. Could you not fix the lengths THEN, in 3DSMAX, before you have rigged anything? -or is it just a pipe-dream? Also, show me an example of fixing those problems using translations. @SDo0M: So basically your....Wait. No. That's not what you meant, nevermind...


you can vertex the fingers but it will look a little awkward...especially if the chars fingers are wide...like sonics for instance
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Of course you could. But the animations would screw up.

I don't see what the confusing part of that is.

Let me explain:

I take a model of Rundas and I rig it to Snake's skeleton. Obviously his skeleton doesn't match up exactly, so I edit the translations of each bone in 3DS to fit Rundas's body structure.

Here he is in T-stance:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


But when we see what he looks like with Snake's animations...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Simply put, he looks dumb. That's because I edited the translations in 3DS.

But if you copy the T-stance and paste the translations on the first frame...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


You get something coherent.

The point I'm trying to make is that it's easy to edit the animation to make it look normal. It just needs animation tweaks and it would look fine.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Long story short: you are asking for a stupid amount of work to be done over a thumb.

Quote from: xxgbcxx on November 07, 2011, 10:42:00 PM

you can vertex the fingers but it will look a little awkward...especially if the chars fingers are wide...like sonics for instance

Not what I mean GBC.

I mean, you have Link's bone set. and you have the Model. Nothing is rigged yet.

You match up the model with the boneset before rigging.

Then BEFORE rigging, you adjust the lengths of the bones to accommodate for Zero's proportions.

Then you rig it after the fact.

Also, If I'm not mistaken you can test how the model will animate in Brawlbox in 3DSMax using one of it's functions, can you not?

@Gamma: You'll be getting a PM from me, sir. >_>

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Guys, stop talking about model rigging and the likes.
Let's get back on-topic.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Velen on November 07, 2011, 10:51:50 PM
Not what I mean GBC.

I mean, you have Link's bone set. and you have the Model. Nothing is rigged yet.

You match up the model with the boneset before rigging.

Then BEFORE rigging, you adjust the lengths of the bones to accommodate for Zero's proportions.

Then you rig it after the fact.

Also, If I'm not mistaken you can test how the model will animate in Brawlbox in 3DSMax using one of it's functions, can you not?

@Gamma: You'll be getting a PM from me, sir. >_>
i did that way with lightning b4... it made the bones stretch out big time with the objects in the animations... so no u cant move the bones otherwise u'll get bad stretching for the animations unless u made complete new animations
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on November 07, 2011, 10:56:04 PM
i did that way with lightning b4... it made the bones stretch out big time with the objects in the animations... so no u cant move the bones otherwise u'll get bad stretching for the animations unless u made complete new animations

OKAY! THANK YOU!

That's the kind of answer I wanted.

Back on topic now.

I voted Mega Man BTW.

*runs!*

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on November 07, 2011, 10:59:17 PM
OKAY! THANK YOU!

That's the kind of answer I wanted.

Back on topic now.

I voted Mega Man BTW.

*runs!*

dude ppl were saying that all the time...

Tie between Megaman and cloud right now i wonder who's gona win lol
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


For those who haven't seen it in MarioDKs thread. I have started Goku.

The poll is not for naught though. I will declare who ever reaches 25 votes the winner.




AWESOME!!!
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later