Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 40
Author Topic: My Little Pony + Brawl: Mario Kart/3D Outline Render  (Read 224088 times)
Xiggah
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #60 on: November 17, 2011, 06:06:44 PM »

Erm. Before anything, I just wanna tell ya. Not a brony. I just like the show. K?

Anyways, I had downloaded the Rainbow model and I wanted to give you a rigging suggestion.

For the legs, right now they're hard to animate because with the rig you have set to it, it's like Rainbow has one really long shin with no knees.

Now, I'm not saying I'm the best rigger, as this is just a suggestion, but it'd be a much easier animating if the thighs were a bit longer, and the XFootJ accounted for Rainbow's second knee instead of her ankle. Following that, the XToeN would probably be better off accounting for what the XFootJ is controlling at the moment. That way, the back legs would be able to bend properly and animate properly.

Erm. No offense intended. Just a suggestion. 

Yeah, I know about those... if you're talking about the polygon thighs rather than the bone's position in the thighs, then that's because the original modeler made them that way, which I want to keep original. As for the bones, I hadn't put in the second knees.... which still sounds weird to say... But thanks for bringing that to my attention!

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #61 on: November 17, 2011, 06:26:34 PM »

ok so redpwnage sent me here i just need the pinkie model
    ive never ported a model before but if i can just replace then thats all i need otherwise over someone who has a few external gfx preferably (4th wall ideas)  and i think i have a few ideas for a moveset.  glad to help because the world needs more ponies!!!
    As for recolors and costumes, that sounds like something I'd like to do. Which character they don't go over doesn't matter, so I'll probably use the .rel hacks available and let people choose which character they want to replace.

The order the ponies are done in.... it really depends on how quickly I can agree to a moveset. Pinkie Pie kind of sounds like a difficult character to come up with a moveset for, so it'll be a challenge!

For both of you, I have a video that should help you.

@Xiggah: O rly? Well this pre-alpha footage of fighting is magic contains pinkie, so we got some ideas. Also, how do you hack a character .rel file? This is so i can port it to others right? I know how to edit Stage .rels but not character.

@turbobear: Well, I found a video that DOES have pinkie pie, and some of her moves.

Here it is for ya both. :3 It's may be Twilight's Stage, But pinkie is in it at various points.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxFnpBh22Sg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxFnpBh22Sg</a>
    Did you notice that at one point, Pinkie Attacks with a foam hand? Should that be her Side special, or her Side Smash Attack?

I'm back after a long while.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2011, 06:36:22 PM »

For both of you, I have a video that should help you.

@Xiggah: O rly? Well this pre-alpha footage of fighting is magic contains pinkie, so we got some ideas. Also, how do you hack a character .rel file? This is so i can port it to others right? I know how to edit Stage .rels but not character.

@turbobear: Well, I found a video that DOES have pinkie pie, and some of her moves.

Here it is for ya both. :3 It's may be Twilight's Stage, But pinkie is in it at various points.
    Did you notice that at one point, Pinkie Attacks with a foam hand? Should that be her Side special, or her Side Smash Attack?

We have automated programs that can switch stage rel files as we please. As for the character rel files, there are download files all over Brawl Vault, because the character .rel hackers chose not to release their secrets, but only released various .rel hacks instead. So It would be really nice to get a list of all the .rel hacks sometime.

And surprisingly, I haven't looked towards Fighting is Magic for moveset references yet. But to get a foam finger hand, a 3d model of that would have to be made, and it's because of reasons like those why pinkie would take longer than others. (insert sad face here)

Rayn
    Extreme Kitten

I gotta learn to fall asleep at reasonable hours..

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: November 17, 2011, 06:44:40 PM »

Hmm...Fluttershy could...attack with her pet animals? Maybe?
    So Fluttershy over Olimar? Maybe?

Vee and Random's Bucketson | Happily married to Velen
    Personas:
    Luxord (Kingdom Hearts)
    Renard/NegaRen (Lapfox Trax)
    Louis (Left 4 Dead)
    Vinyl Scratch (My Little Pony)
    The Kid (Bastion)
    Tumblr!

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: November 17, 2011, 06:52:32 PM »

We have automated programs that can switch stage rel files as we please. As for the character rel files, there are download files all over Brawl Vault, because the character .rel hackers chose not to release their secrets, but only released various .rel hacks instead. So It would be really nice to get a list of all the .rel hacks sometime.

And surprisingly, I haven&#039;t looked towards Fighting is Magic for moveset references yet. But to get a foam finger hand, a 3d model of that would have to be made, and it&#039;s because of reasons like those why pinkie would take longer than others. (insert sad face here)
    Mario Facepalm Well that sucks. Well, first of all, do you think it would be easy to make a foam hand model? Well, if not, We need to think of something different. also, do you mean, if pinkie uses 4th wall moves and such, we would have to create a model for it? If so, dammit. Mario Facepalm But since Pinkie and Rainbow Dash are the best ones, they should get done first.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2011, 06:57:50 PM »

Don't worry, if we need 3d models that are needed, they'll get made. Well, back to animation with me!

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: November 17, 2011, 07:18:47 PM »

Wait did you convert the gmod models to a certain format? because i'm gonna go look for a foam hand model. (google lololololol)

EDIT: Did a quick search and found NOTHING. Im srs here If we manage to aquire a foam hand 3d model, let's retexture it to how it appeared in Fighting is magic if we are going to use a foam hand as one of Pinkie's attacks.
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 07:25:05 PM by Redpwnage795 » Logged

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

I'll always be, just like you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: November 17, 2011, 07:30:29 PM »

Did you try searching Google Sketchup?
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 07:34:04 PM by Friedslick6 » Logged

At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

deadname mcredactedface
    Lol Kitten

Kind of want to start making mods for this again

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: November 17, 2011, 07:46:04 PM »

Again, we shouldn't jump the gun at this point. Let's just get Rainbow Dash out.

Actually, I wouldn't mind taking a look at the pony rig and giving my own advice as well.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2011, 08:03:02 PM »

The Gmod models were made from KPShadowSquirrel's models, and his are publicly available, so of course I used those. And if it ever comes down to it, I'll model a 3d foam hand, but i'll be using the show as reference.

Also, I would like to hear your advice TommoPuppy.

deadname mcredactedface
    Lol Kitten

Kind of want to start making mods for this again

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: November 17, 2011, 08:20:24 PM »

The Gmod models were made from KPShadowSquirrel's models, and his are publicly available, so of course I used those.
    I've probably told him that thousands of times to no avail whatsoever.

Actually looking at it now I haven't got a lot to add over what's already been said about the legs (which I agree with) However, I'd like to see seperate polygons for the two sets of wings that can be controlled with bones and PSA. I doubt that even Rainbow Dash would have her wings up all the time.

The face rig also isn't that good but I realise this is a WIP so eh. The wings are pretty good though.

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: November 17, 2011, 08:33:01 PM »

Did you try searching Google Sketchup?
    Is there even a search for google skecthup? It seems like you need to download it. I don't have it.

The Gmod models were made from KPShadowSquirrel's models, and his are publicly available, so of course I used those. And if it ever comes down to it, I'll model a 3d foam hand, but i'll be using the show as reference.

What about Fighting is magic? anyway, i couldn't find one, So lemme get this straight, if we are gonna use a foam hand as an attack, you will model a foam hand? If so, then that's good. But have you even modeled a custom model before?  Im srs here
    Again, we shouldn&#38;#039;t jump the gun at this point. Let&#38;#039;s just get Rainbow Dash out.

Actually, I wouldn&#38;#039;t mind taking a look at the pony rig and giving my own advice as well.
    Yea. I always get too worked up when there is a pony character hack in the works just because pinkie pie has potential release and she's my favorite one. Mario Facepalm But hey. Maybe we could use fighting is magic for reference. I mean, i got the foam hand  idea from Fighting is magic anyway. But anyway, I hope this doesn't get cancelled. (Which is highly unlikely) But Let's all just hope the mane 6 get made first. In fact, i Have a prediction about how the order might go out if the mane 6 is gonna get done one by one

1.Dash (Of course. it's in the works.)
    2.Pinkie Pie (We got someone ready to make a moveset, but we just need some friggin' prop models. Mario Facepalm like the possible foam hand attack)
    3. Fluttershy
    4.Rarity
    5.Twilight Sparkle
    6.Applejack

And that's it. Well, imma eat mah sandvich now to relax until i get more Pinkie pie updates.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:59:16 PM by Redpwnage795 » Logged

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »

I've probably told him that thousands of times to no avail whatsoever.
    Actually looking at it now I haven't got a lot to add over what's already been said about the legs (which I agree with) However, I'd like to see seperate polygons for the two sets of wings that can be controlled with bones and PSA. I doubt that even Rainbow Dash would have her wings up all the time.

The face rig also isn't that good but I realise this is a WIP so eh. The wings are pretty good though.

I'm not 100% sure if polygon visibility is controlled by bone or if I can have psa identify individual polygons to make invisible, but I'm not worrying about that until I need to make a PSA hack. The bottom wings do need to be separate from the top wings' bone...
    The face bones are pretty ridiculous, I don't need 2 bones on the tongue, but I put bones on the eyes, ears, nose, and teeth because I was keeping some of the abstract animations in mind.  *coughpinkiepiecough* But once the new Brawlbox releases support for the face rigs, those bones will be needed no more!

Oh, and the legs second knee is just right under the first knee, right? I use this as reference
    http://twilight.ponychan.net/chan/art/src/130255119873.jpg

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #73 on: November 17, 2011, 09:03:03 PM »

Yeah. Like that. That's good.

Also, if you put it over a character who has expressions, face polygons are easy.

That is, as long as you know how morph the faces into different expressions.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2011, 09:13:17 PM »

Yeah. Like that. That's good.

Also, if you put it over a character who has expressions, face polygons are easy.

That is, as long as you know how morph the faces into different expressions.

Actually, someone else has already face-rigged most of the face animations, and he's letting me use his. Under Pit I would have to use .vis0 and bring in several polygons, but I would much rather use .shp0 which can work off of a single polygon, so I'll have to see what possibilities there are about forcing Pit to use different animation files....

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 40
    Print
    Jump to: