Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 40
Author Topic: My Little Pony + Brawl: Mario Kart/3D Outline Render  (Read 224083 times)
BriefCasey795
Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #90 on: November 22, 2011, 02:35:22 PM »

Yeah, But Making Baloons out of other models would be nice as it wouldn't eat much file space.
    Pinkie Pie:
    B: Chosses from a number of random attacks
    Side B: Throws a cupcake
    Up B: Ballons wisk her up to the air and eventually pops
    Down B: Set a up a prank for unexpected ponies
    I think random attacks would make making the PSA and such much longer. So basicly, I think neutral special should be attacking with a noise maker or something like that.

I'm back after a long while.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #91 on: November 22, 2011, 03:19:24 PM »

Yeah, But Making Baloons out of other models would be nice as it wouldn't eat much file space.

Even if we use a file already in Brawl, it still goes in as its own model in the character files, it doesn't use the same model twice. Filesize shouldn't be an issue, worry not.

Also, blog update with a Work In Progress preview of the other characters.
    « Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:32:21 PM by Xiggah » Logged

Dark Aura
    Extreme Kitten

HIYA! Whachya watching?

• Awards Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #92 on: November 22, 2011, 04:40:29 PM »

Even if we use a file already in Brawl, it still goes in as its own model in the character files, it doesn't use the same model twice. Filesize shouldn't be an issue, worry not.

You left out Fluttershy.
    *Ragequits this topic*
    XD I know, she's not quite complete yet. Anyways, progress is looking smooth! You have can have ALL of my praise for this. :3

However, they seem a bit... Large to me. Dunno if that's intended or not, but I always pictured them being about the size as Yoshi. Any plans to change that?
    « Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:43:10 PM by Dark Aura » Logged

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #93 on: November 22, 2011, 04:47:50 PM »

OH MY GOD!!! That is just awesome! It looks like the gmod models got revamped! It's just...

AWESOME!!!!
    <EDIT: I think this should be one of Dash's taunts.
    Also, The preview image of Pinkie looks cute and cool. So who is Pinkie going over? Also, are you working with turbobear for pinkie? becasue turbobear would provide the moveset and stuff once you model props, so if you aren't working w/him, then why not work with him for pinkie? also, you should work with other ppl who are gonna do movesets and such. well, if they would like to work with you on a pony, like when they ask you.
    « Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:02:04 PM by Redpwnage795 » Logged

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2011, 05:03:37 PM »

You left out Fluttershy.
    *Ragequits this topic*
    XD I know, she's not quite complete yet. Anyways, progress is looking smooth! You have can have ALL of my praise for this. :3

However, they seem a bit... Large to me. Dunno if that's intended or not, but I always pictured them being about the size as Yoshi. Any plans to change that?

I haven't really given any thought to it, but now that you point it out they should be resized in the future.

OH MY GOD!!! That is just awesome! It looks like the gmod models got revamped! It's just...

AWESOME!!!!
    Also, The preview image of Pinkie looks cute and cool. So who is Pinkie going over?

No idea. Right now every character is over Pit for easier previewing and because they all have the same bones. When it comes down to which character is replaced, it'll depend on which character can offer everything needed. For example, random Pinkie Pie may use a lot of other models like that foam finger or balloons, so characters that allow for more models, such as Snake or Link, would be considered. Or if there are only 3 characters that can fly, then those characters will be replaced by pegasi. It's too early for me to say at the point, but it's easy enough for me to switch to other characters at any point.

deadname mcredactedface
    Lol Kitten

Kind of want to start making mods for this again

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #95 on: November 22, 2011, 05:17:54 PM »

Really, there's no more need to re-vertex things anymore. We can import models now.
    Yeah, but we still have some problems with shaders and materials when we take the import route. Plus, what can I say? Some people are just having a hard time adjusting to the freedom.

Looking pretty sexy man. Yay Twilight and Applejack!
    « Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:21:28 PM by TommoPuppy » Logged

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #96 on: November 22, 2011, 06:15:34 PM »

I haven't really given any thought to it, but now that you point it out they should be resized in the future.

No idea. Right now every character is over Pit for easier previewing and because they all have the same bones. When it comes down to which character is replaced, it'll depend on which character can offer everything needed. For example, random Pinkie Pie may use a lot of other models like that foam finger or balloons, so characters that allow for more models, such as Snake or Link, would be considered. Or if there are only 3 characters that can fly, then those characters will be replaced by pegasi. It's too early for me to say at the point, but it's easy enough for me to switch to other characters at any point.
    Alright. and I think pinkie should go over link if she's gonna have the props as link has a bunch of model props. Also, what about turbobear? he could do the moveset. Also, I think a video preview would be nice. and i hope they get done before xmas.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2011, 01:53:49 AM »

I don't think there's a chance to get any done before christmas, let alone all 6 of them. I'm the only one working on these characters, their modeling, rigging, animating and PSA editing.

agent-s
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #98 on: November 23, 2011, 04:45:00 AM »

your little pony is really nice Smiley
    good luck for your WIP and good continuation

Dratini
    Advanced Kitten

Yum.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #99 on: November 25, 2011, 03:00:31 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8JCX9E0bEI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8JCX9E0bEI</a>

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #100 on: November 26, 2011, 01:28:36 AM »

I don't think there's a chance to get any done before christmas, let alone all 6 of them. I'm the only one working on these characters, their modeling, rigging, animating and PSA editing.
    Well, I can HARDLY wait for pinkie to get done. As i've been DYING for a pony hack. Actually, You're not alone working on them. You see, people have been brainstorming ideas for the moveset, including me. who came up with the idea of a foam hand attack. Also, We have turbobear willing to do a moveset. We just need a character for Pinkie Pie to go over. So basiclly, If you need all the help you get, then there might be willing helpers out there. So we got SOME kind of help. Also, i came up with an idea for her Final Smash. It should be her one-man(pony)-band. In case you don't know what it is, watch episode 10 of season 1. But anyway, The loud notes it would make should either deal damage, or stun them due to the music. if they should stun, then pinkie should be able to come at them, but that would be hard. So they should just deal damage.

DannyDirnt
    Lol Kitten

Pretty thoughts and a dirty mind

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2011, 05:53:40 AM »

WTF Why does everybody like those ponies? I'll have to watch MLP! Well good job! They look great!

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

deadname mcredactedface
    Lol Kitten

Kind of want to start making mods for this again

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #102 on: November 26, 2011, 02:19:04 PM »

For once I agree with Redpwnage. Pinkie's one-pony band would be a great final smash, so maybe she should be on DK or smething. You can just include any articles in her actual model if you need them i suppose

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #103 on: November 26, 2011, 02:56:42 PM »

^Yeah, i figured that. And i don't care if i have to get Rid of Shadow since i have Shadow over DK if pinkie will go over DK. However, Since they replaced DK's Final Smash with Chaos Blast, that kinda baffles me since that was probably hard-coded. But I'm sure this will go out smoothly.  But i can't wait for The Moveset. I really just wonder what Pinkie will go over lol. Also, There should be a Re-vertex for Pinkie called: Straight-Haired Pinkie, Or Pinkamena Diane Pie. (Probably not THAT name since that is used for her notorious Cupcakes incarnation Im srs here) Also Rarity with Glasses. and their Nightmare Night Costumes (ex: Magician Twilight, Chicken Pinkie (ROFL) and i think that's it.)But obviously, Re-vertexing and recolors would have to wait after they get released. So basiclly, I should keep thinking of Ideas. at the moment. Also, I have more Final Smash Ideas. Fluttershy should be her screaming: "YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME!!!" and Twilight Should be that powerful move in Fighting is Magic, dunno what it is. Rainbow Dash's Final Smash should be the Sonic Rainboom.
    « Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 03:03:47 PM by Redpwnage795 » Logged

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2011, 03:05:41 PM »

Those are pretty good points. Since I am asking for others to help I shouldn't say I'm on my own. As much as I should assign character slots for everypony, I was hoping to see what module hacks we could accomplish first. That way, not only could any character be replaced, but all resources would be available for any character slot.

For example, everypony has hair, but only certain characters in Brawl can use the physics engine for hair or capes. And we're limiting ideas based on what character each is over, which I don't think is proper. But since we don't have these nice module hacks, and modules can be hacked in the future, I'll quickly assign characters:

Rainbow Dash goes on Pit. Basic reasoning is Pit flies, and because I've already started with Pit.
    Fluttershy goes on King Dedede. He throws 3 unique NPCs.
    Rarity goes on Ness. De Magicks! See Twilight.
    AppleJack goes on Toon Link. He has a tether Hookshot.
    Twilight goes on Lucas. Because we can't have two Zeldas, but we have two psychic kids!
    Pinkie Pie goes on Snake. Lots of weapons.

(As for costumes, I won't model any while I'm animating)

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 40
    Print
    Jump to: