My Little Pony + Brawl: Mario Kart/3D Outline Render

Started by Xiggah, October 29, 2011, 01:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

November 13, 2011, 12:32:12 AM #30 Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:33:33 AM by TommoPuppy
Yeah when I tried and failed vertexing Rainbow Dash I did it over Yoshi due to similar body shape. It kinda worked, I just didn't have the skill to finish it plus I knew imports were coming.

But if you're animating them yourself, you don't need to rig them over another character's skeleton. They'd look better using their own skeleton.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on November 13, 2011, 12:32:12 AM
Yeah when I tried and failed vertexing Rainbow Dash I did it over Yoshi due to similar body shape. It kinda worked, I just didn't have the skill to finish it plus I knew imports were coming.

But if you're animating them yourself, you don't need to rig them over another character's skeleton. They'd look better using their own skeleton.
ports? from where D:?




Quote from: TommoPuppy on November 13, 2011, 12:32:12 AM
Yeah when I tried and failed vertexing Rainbow Dash I did it over Yoshi due to similar body shape. It kinda worked, I just didn't have the skill to finish it plus I knew imports were coming.

But if you're animating them yourself, you don't need to rig them over another character's skeleton. They'd look better using their own skeleton.



Eeyup.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on November 13, 2011, 12:32:12 AM
Yeah when I tried and failed vertexing Rainbow Dash I did it over Yoshi due to similar body shape. It kinda worked, I just didn't have the skill to finish it plus I knew imports were coming.

But if you're animating them yourself, you don't need to rig them over another character's skeleton. They'd look better using their own skeleton.

trying using that pony skele I dare ya

November 14, 2011, 12:23:17 AM #34 Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 12:44:46 AM by Xiggah

Made some progress with the shaders, and by progress I mean I took Jigglypuff's shader and put it on Rainbow. Now I'll make some animations that could be used to create a video, rather than screenshots.

What's that noise? Why it's the hype train! CHOO CHOO!

Those new shaders look pretty cool for now. In future I reckon a bright toon shader like what Tingle and the Windwaker trophies have would look cool (and full brightness on the eyes maybe), but for now it's the last thing we need to worry about, plus we don't know enough about shaders and materials yet. (Though BlackJax is working on it)

I'm sorry I keep talking about it. I just can't help myself, for a number of reasons really, but I'll try and stop.

Either way, I'm really excited for this!

HYPE. A LOT OF HYPE DUDE!

Maybe I can try with some recolors, if you want too?
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*YOU DECIDE
*KTH
*I love you
*but I love Jurio more
KTH scrive (14.48):
*i love you too
      VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
*Phoenix.
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*oh and KTH don't forget Knucklini's shoes
      VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
*LOL
KTH scrive (14.48):
*love/
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*lol
KTH scrive (14.48):
*....
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*i'm going to sleep now
KTH scrive (14.48):
*i hate you now srs
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*good night both of
*what
*!
*:emo:
      VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
*night man rotfl
KTH scrive (14.48):
*lol
Best quote ever!

Recolourers, always jumping the gun. ;P

Lol that's true. I'm just so hyped for this. But we need more fluttershy too.<.<
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*YOU DECIDE
*KTH
*I love you
*but I love Jurio more
KTH scrive (14.48):
*i love you too
      VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
*Phoenix.
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*oh and KTH don't forget Knucklini's shoes
      VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
*LOL
KTH scrive (14.48):
*love/
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*lol
KTH scrive (14.48):
*....
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*i'm going to sleep now
KTH scrive (14.48):
*i hate you now srs
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*good night both of
*what
*!
*:emo:
      VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
*night man rotfl
KTH scrive (14.48):
*lol
Best quote ever!

I think, it is a very funny project  :laugh:
Hope you can finish it.
On wich character is the pony?

How is the character coming along?
my girlfriend is hyped cuz of this  :laugh:

Quote from: Xiggah on November 14, 2011, 12:23:17 AM

Made some progress with the shaders, and by progress I mean I took Jigglypuff's shader and put it on Rainbow. Now I'll make some animations that could be used to create a video, rather than screenshots.

HYPE. Good job giving the ponies a Brawlish style.

I'm especially eager for Fluttershy, though how she will ever fight I will never know. :P

Too bad Fighting is Magic isn't done, maybe you could've based their moves off that.

Just dropping by to say thanks for the help :)
Somebody's definitely going to get a special credit in the BV entry =3

I'm glad to see everyone is excited to see the progress I've made. I probably won't mess around with the shaders for a while after this, because I'm working on animations as of now. Right now Rainbow is over Pit, originally because he's one of the flying characters, but with the character rel swaps and PSA hacks nowadays it doesn't matter as much which character it replaces.

Since animating will probably take me a while, perhaps the next thing I'll post will be the moveset details I'm aiming for.


it looks awesome, but i have to ask, over what character is it there D:?




Quote from: lord_of_D: on November 14, 2011, 09:58:26 PMit looks awesome, but i have to ask, over what character is it there D:?

It's over Pit right now, but I could switch it over any other character in the future if I had some insane reason to do so.