Old Fire Emblem thread ~ Moved!

Started by Vert092, November 01, 2011, 12:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ExorcistRain on April 21, 2012, 11:54:45 AM
That Roy looks so badass. :happy: Even though it barely even looks like him. :srs:

If you need anybody to rig anything, I'd be happy to do it.
I could even dust off my vertexing skills.

I look forward to more awesomeness in this thread.


If you're willing to vertex, that'd be great. I can send you a pm of all the texture work I've done so far.

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Yeah, send the textures anytime.
Do you want his hair to be vertexed too or just his clothes?

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Just his clothes. You can do his hair also if you want. If you do, I'll release two versions. One with the hair, and another without.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Alrighty, I'll try to do his hair.

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Sounds awesome. I'll probably keep working on my own textures then update them when I get the vertex back. This will be awesome!
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

...Not to be rude, however I'd prefer the new Roy over Marth...BUT, Ike is a better base for it, so I tell you what, after it's done on Ike, the model can be rigged over Marth for use the Roy PSA. Makes sense? I hope I don't sound demanding, but I could help rigging the model over Marth after it's done...That is if it is okay with you guys...>.<

Sure, it's fine with me. I started with Ike since he looked far closer to it than Marth (would be much easier to vertex). When we're done, feel free to rig it over Marth.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Ok, this is what I got done in an hour.
The sword:

The boots:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also I agree with the rigging on Marth thing.

Feedback? :D

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

April 21, 2012, 06:50:30 PM #113 Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:59:20 PM by Shun_One
The sword: Awesome.
The boots: Fantastic. I don't think we should aim to capture the new bottom side as it'll be odd to texture. This looks great the way it is.

I like the armor. It resembles the shield just how I thought it would (I'm almost to the point where I'll texture that next).

The shoulder strap is great!

Good progress with the hair. I don't know if we can keep the strands appearing the same as Ike's (I suppose what I see is just the programs issues). Looking good thus far.

The sleeves, if possible, should have a little indent to appear as if they're being tucked into his arm-guards.

I'm going to do some basic texture work on the boots, belts, and shoulder pad then send them to you to help out a bit. I'm still slowly progressing, so it's all good. I'll fix Ike's ripped cape while I'm at it.

Still, looking great thus far! I'm gonna keep firing away at these textures
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

April 21, 2012, 07:02:49 PM #114 Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 07:42:46 PM by Azai
I have some feedback, I hope I don't sound demanding because I'm not and just pointing things for improvement if considered. The model is awesome as is, and I'm grateful you taking your time to do this, ExorcistRain :D

The sword -
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The boots -
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The armor looks great and the strap too!

The rest of the body -
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Also thanks guys, I'll try my best rigging it on Marth, the model so far looks great!

April 21, 2012, 08:00:39 PM #115 Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:05:53 PM by Shun_One
Quote
Um, do you mean that armor thing I was mentioning above? If so, I figured it may be hard to texture, but I can help texture it as well since I think it would add a nice touch to the boots. I can trial/error it until it looks fine Wink

That's what I was talking about. I figured out how to get it right. Most of it is just waiting for the vertex to finish so I can see how it'll look. As of now, I'm just guessing, so things are a bit sloppy.

Quote-Okay first, this really isn't a vertex, more of a texture problem, that white thing of Roy should be on his knee. Then from the strap thing on it, the rest could be vertexed upwards, much like how I explained for the boots above.  

You're right in that it is in the wrong place. That I'm going to fix. Just tossed it on for references sake and to have something in that spot.

Quote-Finally, the right arm...I have no idea of this because from the picture it is hard to see Roy's right arm. But you can see ether his cape or a cloth going straight across (no armor on that arm) so yea it looks good, maybe have it small hinges on it to show its a cloth, but ether way it's really up to you Smiley.

I think his arms are both the same? It's just a guess, but I think it's right. Mercenaries in FE13 have similar sleeves and Roy looks like he's modeled after one of them. Hence my guess.

I appreciate the feed-back and all the help you guys! Let's make this hack great!

EDIT: Suddenly realized Roy's cape is slightly torn. Huh. Well, so much for fixing it.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Thanks for the feedback on the model guys.

@Azai
Does this sword look better?

I tried the boots and the strap but both didn't work. :c

Like Shun said, I think Roy is wearing sleeves on his right arm, but I'll wait until some clearer pics come out to change it.

And I gotta say, Shun, your textures are awesome!  :happy:

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

I'll see what I can do with textures for the boots. It might not be perfect, but it'll come close.

Thanks for the compliment! I've done a lot more work since then, so I'll send you some updated ones soon.

As for the circle whole in his shoulder belt, I think I can texture that in.

In my next texture update:
Better boots, and belts
Re-ripped caped
Minor sleeve updates

I'm going off of what I can see from your vertex to get the bulk of the work done, so the preview you posted is helping out a ton. The sword will probably be the last thing I texture. Gotta get the rest of him just right first.

Great stuff guys!
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Holy crap, you work fast. :srs:
I'll try to show some updated screens soon.

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Quote from: Shun_One on April 21, 2012, 08:00:39 PM
That's what I was talking about. I figured out how to get it right. Most of it is just waiting for the vertex to finish so I can see how it'll look. As of now, I'm just guessing, so things are a bit sloppy.

You're right in that it is in the wrong place. That I'm going to fix. Just tossed it on for references sake and to have something in that spot.

Ah, awesome. Glad to know you got this covered.

Quote from: Shun_One on April 21, 2012, 08:00:39 PMI think his arms are both the same? It's just a guess, but I think it's right. Mercenaries in FE13 have similar sleeves and Roy looks like he's modeled after one of them. Hence my guess.

I appreciate the feed-back and all the help you guys! Let's make this hack great!

EDIT: Suddenly realized Roy's cape is slightly torn. Huh. Well, so much for fixing it.

Well, I'm not sure, I suppose so...what does a mercenary in FE13 look like? I can't find a proper picture of it online...Ah and good eye, I didn't notice that at first, it's torn like Ike's cape.

Quote from: ExorcistRain on April 21, 2012, 08:19:29 PM
Thanks for the feedback on the model guys.

@Azai
Does this sword look better?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I tried the boots and the strap but both didn't work. :c

Like Shun said, I think Roy is wearing sleeves on his right arm, but I'll wait until some clearer pics come out to change it.

And I gotta say, Shun, your textures are awesome!  :happy:

Your welcome, yes that sword looks better, good job on it! :D

As for the boots and strap, don't worry about those. ;)

That's a good idea, with April 26th is a few days from now (that's when the DLC is released - think), we can then see more of Roy's appearance then.

I can't wait to see more screens, this model is going to be epic!