Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: Old Fire Emblem thread ~ Moved!  (Read 70570 times)
Shun_One
Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #135 on: April 22, 2012, 07:40:45 AM »

Wow! This is really shaping up nicely! Thanks for the input Vert.

As for keeping it a vertex...well Exorcist, if you want to throw that outta here go ahead. Especially if it frees you up. My wanting it as a vertex was so I could have one over Ike. Looks like the public has other ideas though.

Boots and sword turned out better than I thought. Fewer fixes to go is always good. I won't be around my laptop until this evening, but I'll get to the updates when I can. Let me know what looks off (aside from the shoulder belt; I know about that).

Glad to hear you got the Falchion Vert. Looks like Marth will be alright after all. If you want texture help with Leaf let me know. I think it's become a goal of mine to help get each redesigned FE character made. Celice, Sigurd, and Ike. How will they look?

Great work everyone!
    « Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:53:15 AM by Shun_One » Logged

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Sanada
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Staff Helper Sniper Tutorial Writer Epic Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #136 on: April 22, 2012, 07:54:29 AM »

I say keep as vertex first, wasn't that the mission of this project? Shun wanted it to be Roy's outfit, but with Ike's head, If I remember correctly. So if anything that be done first, since this is Shun's and Exorcist's idea anyways.

I was the silly one who probably started this whole changing idea thing, when I said I would have like to see the model rigged on Marth(for the Roy PSA) but after it was competed. I guess I spoke too soon, now it's gotten into this mess. You guys can do what you want to do, not what Azai says you have to do.

Also, I don't like the idea of using the Roy hair from Melee and stuff, which is way i didn't mention it. It would look off, maybe with Thany vertex hair, but even then I thought this was all gonna be vertexed from Ike's hair 0_0 anyways I won't post here anymore until the finished project, because I don't want to confuse anyone anymore and I'm sorry if I started this. Good luck guys!

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2012, 08:21:22 AM »

My reason for wanting it over was to give Ike an update along side Marth. However, now that I'm fairly certain he'll get one later, I can wait for it and simply use Roy over Ike until Ike's design is revealed. So everyone knows, I plan to make recolors for Roy and Marth when their models finish. Heck, I may as well do stock icons (where appropriate) and the whole 9 yards.

Next target for texturing is the shoulder strap.
    « Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:26:34 PM by Shun_One » Logged

Exorcist
    super cool title like all the cool kids
    Supreme Kitten

it's admirable that yall are still kickin

• Awards Heart Container Fiery Topic Favorite'd Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #138 on: April 22, 2012, 08:31:19 PM »

I think we should take a vote!
    If you want it to be an IMPORT say 'Yay', if not, say 'Nay'.

If it stays a vertex, Shun, you'll have to texture on a shoulder strap and I'll have to get rid of the armor strap.

I like to think of myself as a procrastinating perfectionist. Awesome Face

A bit of bad news: I can only hack on Wednesday, Friday, and on the weekend. I can still post, view, do PMs and stuff though.

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2012, 08:37:50 PM »

If it stays a vertex, Shun, you'll have to texture on a shoulder strap and I'll have to get rid of the armor strap.

Gotcha. I like how it looks now though...

Hm...stick to my original plan, or move on to one that could produce a more accurate Roy... I think I'll see what every ones thoughts are first. I'm good either way, to be honest. I just like working on this stuff.

A bit of bad news: I can only hack on Wednesday, Friday, and on the weekend. I can still post, view, do PMs and stuff though.
    This changes nothing!!! Just work on it when you feel up to it. The rest of us can wait patiently. I'll get done what I can when I can as well.
    « Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:04:16 PM by Shun_One » Logged

Sanada
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Staff Helper Sniper Tutorial Writer Epic Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #140 on: April 22, 2012, 10:07:53 PM »

Nay. Roy should stay as a vertex, NO model imports parts whatsoever

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards >9000 Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #141 on: April 23, 2012, 04:47:02 AM »

Yay. I'm going to give you a powerful reason of why Roy should be a custom model instead of a vertex with my Marth as an example:

-Original crappy vertexed model (the model looks worse, this image is enhanced):

-My custom model (still a WIP)

So yeah, vertexes are very limited. Rigging may be tedious, but in the end is totally worth it.
    _________________________________________________ ___________________________

As you can see, I updated heavily the model. Here's a list:

-Added the two belts, the one from the waist is still an early WIP
    -Improved heavily the white parts of the belts. Also added a modelled blue cross.
    -Sleeves are much higher poly now, and a single piece with the body.
    -Shortened the cape so it's closer to the body. I'll also make it shorter in lenght.
    -Modified the sheath a bit, is an early WIP.
    -Has a new hand and reshaped gloves.
    -Remapped more things and stuff.

Here's a picture of the polygons in the sleeves:

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #142 on: April 23, 2012, 04:57:10 AM »

Both the Marth and Roy look fantastic, good luck with the rest of it Tongue

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #143 on: April 23, 2012, 06:48:46 AM »

Ugh, this thread's going fast.

[Mia Trueblade]: I'll bring Mia's previews later. SJS revamped Mia's texture, but I've not started the rig, I keep having this feeling I'm missing something, but all I'm certain I'm missing is the extra faces.

[Mia Swordmaster]: The model is just waiting to be rigged, but I want to work on Trueblade first.
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 06:50:44 AM by Albafika » Logged

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #144 on: April 23, 2012, 07:37:06 AM »

Ugh, this thread's going fast. [Mia Trueblade]: I'll bring Mia's previews later. SJS revamped Mia's texture, but I've not started the rig, I keep having this feeling I'm missing something, but all I'm certain I'm missing is the extra faces. [Mia Swordmaster]: The model is just waiting to be rigged, but I want to work on Trueblade first.
    Great news! SJS is a great texturer ^^
    For the faces of the trueblade version you can use the ones I made.

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2012, 08:08:50 AM »

[Mia Trueblade]: I'll bring Mia's previews later. SJS revamped Mia's texture, but I've not started the rig, I keep having this feeling I'm missing something, but all I'm certain I'm missing is the extra faces.

[Mia Swordmaster]: The model is just waiting to be rigged, but I want to work on Trueblade first.

Sounds great! SJS' textures are amazing! Looking forward to True Blade Mia!
    Quote from: Vert092
    -My custom model (still a WIP)

Vert, that is amazingly awesome progress. When Marth finishes, I'm going to make a full pack including recolors and updated CSPs. Also, a Japanese artist updated Marth's current look a bit, I had considered adding his little embellishments since they look cool.

Let me know if you think it'd work and I'll get to work on them. That's not to say the original isn't cool enough though. This model is seriously awesome looking.

Quote from: Vert092
    So yeah, vertexes are very limited. Rigging may be tedious, but in the end is totally worth it.

Gotta say, you sold me on making Roy an import. It'd allow for a much more accurate model. Let's focus and make Roy look as close to himself as possible. I'll use Lord (or Vanguard) Ike until we see Ike's update (unless Roy get's rigged over Ike as well, in which case I'll use that).
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:45:39 AM by Shun_One » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #146 on: April 23, 2012, 10:26:24 AM »

Great news! SJS is a great texturer ^^

Sounds great! SJS' textures are amazing! Looking forward to True Blade Mia!
    Indeed he is!
    For the faces of the trueblade version you can use the ones I made.
    We'll see about that... In the meantime, have some previews:

I plan on doing a jacket-less version, too:

EDIT: I want you to rip me Soren's Wind Sage costume / Sothe / Haar if you can, Vert.

EDIT 2: This thread is full of Model Imports/Vertex work/rips. Would you guys don't mind if I move this to General Hacking?
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:37:08 AM by Albafika » Logged

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #147 on: April 23, 2012, 02:13:36 PM »

Mia looks awesome! Except maybe the eyes, but that isn't a problem because we have my version as well. Will she have Alondite as her weapon? The swordmaster version could use my steel sword or a wo dao.
    I remember I had Wind Sage Soren almost ready, but he had some problems I couldn't fix.
    Do you want me to release it as he is? As for sothe and Haar I don't have them yet, so they'll have to wait. I may have Sothe extracted, but I haven't worked on him yet.
    Move the thread if you want, there's no problem with me. I'd love to see some more characters getting done, specially Ike, Stefan, Nephenee, Zelgius and Zihark.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #148 on: April 23, 2012, 02:21:22 PM »

Mia looks awesome! Except maybe the eyes, but that isn't a problem because we have my version as well. Will she have Alondite as her weapon? The swordmaster version could use my steel sword or a wo dao.
    I remember I had Wind Sage Soren almost ready, but he had some problems I couldn't fix.
    Do you want me to release it as he is? As for sothe and Haar I don't have them yet, so they'll have to wait. I may have Sothe extracted, but I haven't worked on him yet.
    Move the thread if you want, there's no problem with me. I'd love to see some more characters getting done, specially Ike, Stefan, Nephenee, Zelgius and Zihark.
    I'll be giving her Marth's, your Steel Sword, Alondite, and anything else available.

Count on me for Nephenee (And probably Zihark/Stefan), although I'd love to start working on her Habeldier moel first, but she's got a problem with an arm, can you fix it so when I finish Mia I can work on both of her models? As for Soren, send me the file you have, although I'd prefer the finished model.

Anyways, I'm gonna attempt to give Nephenee a mouth now. And I'm leaving the thread here for now, we're the only ones active in this section, so the thread will never go to the next page. XD
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 03:00:58 PM by Albafika » Logged

Exorcist
    super cool title like all the cool kids
    Supreme Kitten

it's admirable that yall are still kickin

• Awards Heart Container Fiery Topic Favorite'd Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #149 on: April 23, 2012, 03:29:33 PM »

Yay: 2
    Nay: 1
    Model import it is, then. Rigging isn't as hard as it looks, actually (in my opinion).

Mia looks great! I totally overpowered her in Radiant Dawn...
    The eyes look too big, and her face looks kind of pinched around the mouth. It may just be the lighting, though. Other than that, it's great.

I'll rig some Radiant Dawn characters, I think Stefan's pretty boss, so I'll do him if he's open. If not, I'll do Zihark.

And I'm leaving the thread here for now, we're the only ones active in this section, so the thread will never go to the next page. XD
    True, but I feel that this thread gets over looked since it's in the Vertex/Texture subforum...

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11
    Print
    Jump to: