GBC and Dot's Derp: Arena Ferox

Started by GBC, November 03, 2011, 08:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 29, 2012, 02:22:21 PM
Velen is such a boss when it comes to feedback.
Quote from: Royal_Blade on April 29, 2012, 02:37:33 PM
Very, very true.

I also like how descriptive he is in almost every post he makes.

I wouldn't entirely agree for one simple reason:

Sometimes my feedback can be too harsh for some people. KJP noted this when I was critiquing his animations for his recent raptor PSA, which I've been pushing him to improve the animations for.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Your feedback can come across as seeking perfection. There's nothing wrong with telling someone what they can create by putting some more elbow grease in a model / texture / vertex, but some could find it offending.

What some people need to realize is, there's nothing wrong with saying "I have more projects to work on, and I don't feel like making those changes." If I were doing this stuff, I'd let someone who is capable / willing to do it take on the fixes.


Quote from: Haseyo on April 29, 2012, 02:47:43 PM
Your feedback can come across as seeking perfection. There's nothing wrong with telling someone what they can create by putting some more elbow grease in a model / texture / vertex, but some could find it offending.

I know that, but it's more out of a desire for the model too the look the best it can more than anything else.

@Thread: The other thing about the body is that the area between the legs needs some fixing. There's a visible hole underneath, and I personally think it would be a better idea if the poly and UVs for that area were all connected together.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

@y gbc no respond
ummm i havent been able to view the forums due to it have kept saying it has been in maintenence mode for me..so yea it seems like its working now...idk

@velen
umm i can fix up bass's model yet due to dot still texturing it...

@conversation about models

I agee with both of you guys velen has a point on the model should look its best but haseyo has his point were the model wont be perfect because i am making these models based on 2d images so its kinda hard to get everything perfect especially since even the creators dont draw everything the same at times

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

thats quite the feedback velen

all except for the underneath the pants hole is easily fixable
that is due to the fact that if i conected them, there would be a blue strip between his legs, which he shouldnt have

i might asume that all those uv problems where there because i used the flat lighting setting in 3ds max
...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?

Onimusha Blade Wariors anyone? If it's possible to find the models from that game, there can be a perfect Megaman.Exe and MMZ Zero too. o:

Quote from: xZedkiel on April 29, 2012, 04:22:57 PM
Onimusha Blade Wariors anyone? If it's possible to find the models from that game, there can be a perfect Megaman.Exe and MMZ Zero too. o:

It is possible to find them...The problem is the .MDL format is not the same as the Source Engine .MDLs, so there's no tool for converting them to other files types.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

ok guys so i just lost inspiration in nearly all my model plans besides Bass EXE....the reason being because i dont wanna make any dull super HD'd  realistic type characters i wanna make some cartoonish like chars....so i made that new poll up there
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.


i think you should put what characters they would be over because that influences decisions
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]


Do you plan to make all those imports eventually? I voted for Haggar, but I would be thrilled for Arthur, Lightan, Beat, Luffy, and many other choices in that poll. All of them are just so good and need their spot in Brawl (:

Of course, take your time, I'm not asking for anything.

cartoon like characters hmmmm how about an 8 bit mario over mario (by 8-bit i mean pixilated)
QuoteSSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

Quote from: Loghrus on April 29, 2012, 11:29:44 PM
Do you plan to make all those imports eventually? I voted for Haggar, but I would be thrilled for Arthur, Lightan, Beat, Luffy, and many other choices in that poll. All of them are just so good and need their spot in Brawl (:

Of course, take your time, I'm not asking for anything.

well the thing about the poll is that half those models i dont have right now but i know i can get them....but actually im leaning more towards gold lightan to being next since with a size mod he can be the biggest brawl hack ever XD..plus i have his model
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

i think there are enough mario's already dont u think  :srs: