Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 3 Porting questions  (Read 1323 times)
WTVelocity
Mega Kitten

Brawl Revamped Dev

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: November 07, 2011, 03:05:09 PM »

Please excuse if they are in plain site, but I did look and didn't find anything about these questions, or at least not obviously states.

1) I'm using the Ichigo over Marth hack, and it works well, except he shoots a white cutter (like Kirby's sword), rather than a black wave for his N-B. I was looking in how to change this, and saw there was an image that looked like it was supposed to be used in the textures, but isn't being shown: how can I port that to be used rather than an in-game image?

2)Could someone point me in the direction of an article to show me how to re-model/vertex a character a simple way? In short, I'm trying to use textures from a Zelda or Peach texture on the Rosy over Jigglypuff model, so I'm looking for an efficient way).

3)Anyone aware of any .Rels to put A Captain Falcon hack over another character, preferably Lucas or Olimar, or tell me where it shows how to convert it? I saw the Clone Character topic, but didn't actually describe how to edit the .rels.

Thanks Smiley

Lead Developer of Brawl Revamped Project
Brawl Revamped

Carnage
God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 04:28:30 PM »

Please excuse if they are in plain site, but I did look and didn't find anything about these questions, or at least not obviously states.

1) I'm using the Ichigo over Marth hack, and it works well, except he shoots a white cutter (like Kirby's sword), rather than a black wave for his N-B. I was looking in how to change this, and saw there was an image that looked like it was supposed to be used in the textures, but isn't being shown: how can I port that to be used rather than an in-game image?

2)Could someone point me in the direction of an article to show me how to re-model/vertex a character a simple way? In short, I'm trying to use textures from a Zelda or Peach texture on the Rosy over Jigglypuff model, so I'm looking for an efficient way).

3)Anyone aware of any .Rels to put A Captain Falcon hack over another character, preferably Lucas or Olimar, or tell me where it shows how to convert it? I saw the Clone Character topic, but didn't actually describe how to edit the .rels.

Thanks Smiley
    i can only awnser the 3) we can only rel port 4 characters wich are Metaknight/jigglypuff/marth and Ike(ntsc only) the only CF character rel ported was VJ since he was normal ported to marth and then rel ported to Yoshi and so on.

WTVelocity
    Mega Kitten

Brawl Revamped Dev

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 10:46:01 AM »

Thanks for the response, but it brings 2 more questions.

If only those chars can be rel ported, how does shadowkong work? And what's a normal port exactly? I wanted to put Goku in my lineup, but I already worked on adding some characters that I don't plan on replacing. I currently have Master Chief over CF, and spent alot of time on the CSSs and such, so am looking for an alternative to still have Goku on somehow, any ideas?

Brawl Revamped

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 11:47:01 AM »

Thanks for the response, but it brings 2 more questions.

If only those chars can be rel ported, how does shadowkong work? And what's a normal port exactly? I wanted to put Goku in my lineup, but I already worked on adding some characters that I don't plan on replacing. I currently have Master Chief over CF, and spent alot of time on the CSSs and such, so am looking for an alternative to still have Goku on somehow, any ideas?
    shadowkong is a true port like my mewtwo over luigi and some other hacks its basically porting the model onto to a character you want to replace and them remake all the moveset in the pac fighter of that character(wish is a pain) thats what a true port is they take alot of time and work and even some psa knowledge. goku isnt ported anyhwere so your out of luck you have to decide between goku or master chief.

WTVelocity
    Mega Kitten

Brawl Revamped Dev

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 01:32:41 PM »

Thanks alot for the help: you're on of the first people on here who actually seem to CARE about giving out an understanding of things.

I see alot of people who want to be a mod because they keep making hacks, but while they deserve recognition for the contributions, seems like you have an attitude more fitting to be one. Smiley

Brawl Revamped

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: