BlackJax Quality™ Model Imports

Started by BlackJax96, November 08, 2011, 02:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What's one mod I started that you really wish I had finished?

August 06, 2015, 09:59:46 PM #1440 Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:13:00 PM by Nao-chan
What's the purpose of this poll if you're barely even doing mods anyway? I don't see the point.

Just to see how many people are disappointed in you? :v

Well then.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

To engage your audience and understand their thoughts and feelings, jeez nao take a PR class or something

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 06, 2015, 10:33:51 PM
To engage your audience and understand their thoughts and feelings, jeez nao take a PR class or something

This v:

If high poly stuff is a problem, you could use polydraw to make a lower poly version of whatever you're wanting to import. It helps out a lot, and it isn't that difficult once you actually start doing it.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 06, 2015, 10:33:51 PM
jeez nao take a PR class or something.

Because what I'm doing totally needs PR. :v
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

googles super sonico
expects something sonic related
gets slapped with hentai
geez...

I voted Ikaros.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

August 07, 2015, 01:49:22 AM #1446 Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 01:52:06 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Large Leader on August 06, 2015, 11:26:04 PM
If high poly stuff is a problem, you could use polydraw to make a lower poly version of whatever you're wanting to import. It helps out a lot, and it isn't that difficult once you actually start doing it.

Oh yeah, I just didn't know how to quickly optimize models very well back then without relying on pro-op. We also didn't have the tristripper, so that made the poly count even more limited. :c

I wouldn't use polydraw for something like optimizing a pre-made model though, that would be much more work in the long run. You'd have to not only completely remake the topology but also remake the UVs to match the existing texture, unless you intend to make your own texture in which case that would just add more work to the process. Might as well make your own custom model at that point, would be much more fun.

For example I'd use something like polydraw if I wanted to make a low poly version of a mesh sculpted in zbrush, which would be unimaginably high poly, so I could project the high poly mesh onto the low poly one as a normal map. No UV/texture preservation involved and the topology would need to be remade anyway for good lighting and rigging in a game engine.

Converting to quads and deleting line loops and retopologizing when necessary while preserving the UVs as much as you can is the way I do it now, but to each their own.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on August 07, 2015, 12:10:04 AM
googles super sonico
expects something sonic related
gets slapped with hentai
geez...

rookie mistake, shoulda trusted the linked image

Quote from: Velen on August 07, 2015, 12:30:00 AM
I voted Ikaros.

good, I see you have your priorities straight

Voted Ikaros as well, the most interesting choice (imo) from the list

August 08, 2015, 12:07:41 AM #1448 Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:11:36 AM by Albafika
Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 06, 2015, 05:07:50 PMAlso I coulda sworn that in the past you could allow people to vote for multiple things, I guess not anymore.




Quote from: Nao-chan on August 06, 2015, 09:59:46 PM
What's the purpose of this poll if you're barely even doing mods anyway? I don't see the point.

Just to see how many people are disappointed in you? :v

Well then.
You just haven't realized that BJ can't make up his mind.

[5/23/2015] BlowJay69: Release might never happen guys, don't wait for it.
[5/25/2015] Random KCMM'er: I'm so excited about this mod!
[5/26/2015] BlowJay69: Well you should be! I think I'm almost done with it, release shall be soon guys!

It's his unknown-to-himself M.O.!

August 08, 2015, 12:24:49 AM #1449 Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:27:44 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Albafika on August 08, 2015, 12:07:41 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Says the global mod





Quote from: Albafika on August 08, 2015, 12:07:41 AM
You just haven't realized that BJ can't make up his mind.

[5/23/2015] BlowJay69: Release might never happen guys, don't wait for it.
[5/25/2015] Random KCMM'er: I'm so excited about this mod!
[5/26/2015] BlowJay69: Well you should be! I think I'm almost done with it, release shall be soon guys!

It's his unknown-to-himself M.O.!
I just like being shady af

I voted for IA cause well... she's just adorable with that outfit :'3
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

If Sonico is going to be over zamus... Ihopeithasriggedtitstobecompatiblewithsumriggedtitszamuspsa

I don't know like 60% of who's up there. I'm so 'murican.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



Quote from: Segtendo on August 08, 2015, 03:03:21 AM
I don't know like 60% of who's up there. I'm so 'murican.
I've got you beat! I've only ever heard of Master Chief, Miku, and that's it. The girl with the jorts and socks looks like she could be from tekken, but I know that's wrong.
The only anime I've ever watched, which also happens to be one of my favorite shows of all time, is Samurai Jack! I don't even know the people here would consider it "anime" but it's the closest I've ever watched to anime.

P.S. Please tell me some here knows what Samurai Jack is...