Strong Bad
Homestar Runner
Razputin from Psychonauts
Shock (my character)
Edward Elric
Envy
Roy Mustang

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Shock's Model Imports, Edward Elric is getting a better model and rig soon!  (Read 41022 times)
shock44
Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #60 on: November 18, 2011, 05:46:56 PM »

I personally think the model from the Wii game looks better .. :/
    but do what ever you want to do Cheesy
    I totally agree. The thing is I don't know how to fix the texture mapping. But I do have one plan that may work but its not a very good one.

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #61 on: November 18, 2011, 06:07:39 PM »

I could tell you about it. It's the unwrap UVW option in Max, I believe.

It lets you move around how the texture wraps the Model.

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: November 18, 2011, 11:16:37 PM »

I could tell you about it. It's the unwrap UVW option in Max, I believe.

It lets you move around how the texture wraps the Model.

I know how to texture map in max. It is just that it would be a real pain and take awhile for me to try and fix the texture mapping. Though I guess I should give it a shot anyway since i haven't actually tried to fix the mapping myself.

Techno Assassin
    Expert Kitten

An Ace can never lose!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: November 19, 2011, 10:28:16 AM »

Hehe yes a pizza trophy would be cool. I'm pretty sure I can pull this off for ya no sweat. Should I keep my idea of putting Strong Bad over Wario and Homestar over Mario? Or should I choose different characters?

Edit: Also, do you really mean all that? I don't think I'm that great of a brawl hacker yet. Unless you are just talking about me being really good at model importing and rigging bones.
    Yes, I meant it. You're good with importing, if I'm not mistaken you did some of the incredible custom animations for the Klonoa project, and you like Homestar Runner, so you must have impeccable taste. As for who to put Strong Bad over, I think you may be right about Wario being the best choice. That way, he can sound at least a little bit like Strong Bad without an SFX hack (plus it'll allow him to have a custom icon and victory theme without affecting anyone else).

I also agree with Homestar Runner over Mario. I may lose several hours of my life trying to make custom animations for Strong Bad and Homestar when they're released (Homestar's definitely gonna need a custom run animation).
    « Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 10:31:05 AM by Techno Assassin » Logged

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: November 19, 2011, 08:04:29 PM »

Yes, I meant it. You're good with importing, if I'm not mistaken you did some of the incredible custom animations for the Klonoa project, and you like Homestar Runner, so you must have impeccable taste. As for who to put Strong Bad over, I think you may be right about Wario being the best choice. That way, he can sound at least a little bit like Strong Bad without an SFX hack (plus it'll allow him to have a custom icon and victory theme without affecting anyone else).

I also agree with Homestar Runner over Mario. I may lose several hours of my life trying to make custom animations for Strong Bad and Homestar when they're released (Homestar's definitely gonna need a custom run animation).

Thanks. Not to disappoint you or anything but I made only like 2 animations for Klonoa and the rest was StarWaffle, frostymm and I think aaron and k-canon did some too. I think  the reason people think I did most of the work is because I'm technically the leader but all I really did was make the model work well on Lucas and get the project started and the rest of the team did the psa and animations and other stuff and I just helped some with it. Also, yea I try to have a taste in media that isn't the norm. I like to look for under rated stuff to see why it is under rated. Like to me Telltale games and Psychonauts are under rated in the main media but they still have fan bases. It's interesting to me certain things still have fan bases but are just not as widely known. Anyway yea Homestar Runner definitely needs his own running animation.

Techno Assassin
    Expert Kitten

An Ace can never lose!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: November 19, 2011, 08:48:02 PM »

Thanks. Not to disappoint you or anything but I made only like 2 animations for Klonoa and the rest was StarWaffle, frostymm and I think aaron and k-canon did some too. I think  the reason people think I did most of the work is because I'm technically the leader but all I really did was make the model work well on Lucas and get the project started and the rest of the team did the psa and animations and other stuff and I just helped some with it. Also, yea I try to have a taste in media that isn't the norm. I like to look for under rated stuff to see why it is under rated. Like to me Telltale games and Psychonauts are under rated in the main media but they still have fan bases. It's interesting to me certain things still have fan bases but are just not as widely known. Anyway yea Homestar Runner definitely needs his own running animation.
    As far as I'm concerned, the Klonoa and Lloyd projects were the best pre-BrawlBox 0.65 import projects, so being the leader of one of those projects is still pretty impressive.

Since you mentioned Telltale, I've gotta say, I think Max's manic energy would work quite well on Diddy Kong. I mean come on, latching on to someone's face like a Facehugger from Alien while beating the crap out of them sounds like something Max would do, right? I've got absolutely no idea who Sam would work over, though.

EDIT: I completely forgot about the more recent Megaman Volnutt import project. That one ranks pretty high too.
    « Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 12:09:38 PM by Techno Assassin » Logged

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: November 20, 2011, 01:52:16 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, the Klonoa and Lloyd projects were the best pre-BrawlBox 0.65 import projects, so being the leader of one of those projects is still pretty impressive.

Since you mentioned Telltale, I've gotta say, I think Max's manic energy would work quite well on Diddy Kong. I mean come on, latching on to someone's face like a Facehugger from Alien while beating the crap out of them sounds like something Max would do, right? I've got absolutely no idea who Sam would work over, though.

EDIT: I completely forgot about the more recent Megaman Volnutt import project. That one ranks pretty high too.

I see, well thanks again. Yea, Max over Diddy Kong sounds pretty good to me I'll work on that after a few other imports probably while doing some of Strong Bad. I think Sam would work on Snake even though Sam doesn't have heavy duty weapons like that its either Snake or Fox and Fox is it a bit small for Sam I think. Also yea Megaman Volnutt and Lloyd were pretty great for pre-BrawlBox 0.65 import projects. I'm still working on fixing edward elric.

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: November 20, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »

Woot!

Now it is time for rigging! I was able to achieve this by taking the model without the jacket that was put in Gmod and then putting the jacket and vest parts on top of it and then that was easier to fix the mapping on.

Ikuto
    Supreme Kitten

AYE!

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: November 20, 2011, 08:44:53 PM »

Woot!

Now it is time for rigging! I was able to achieve this by taking the model without the jacket that was put in Gmod and then putting the jacket and vest parts on top of it and then that was easier to fix the mapping on.

kool! Hey if you do Roy why over snake it should be over Marth or Ike! I don't think snake is a good idea!

You can Adress me as Near, Nate, River(s) or famously known as Ikuto.
    Personas: Ikuto(Main) Near, Nate River, Light Yagami, And My sign up name Train-Heartnet, And 3-5 coming up!

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: November 20, 2011, 08:59:20 PM »

kool! Hey if you do Roy why over snake it should be over Marth or Ike! I don't think snake is a good idea!
    When did I ever say I was doing Roy over Snake? That is a dumb idea.

deadname mcredactedface
    Lol Kitten

Kind of want to start making mods for this again

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: November 21, 2011, 03:23:06 AM »

When did I ever say I was doing Roy over Snake? That is a dumb idea.
    Roy Mustang over Snake maybe

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: November 21, 2011, 12:05:31 PM »

OH! You meant Roy Mustang. I was thinking of Roy from Fire Emblem ^_^; sorry. Well, I figured Roy Mustang on Snake might work, I mean I could put him Ike instead I'm not sure yet.

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: November 21, 2011, 12:33:38 PM »

Over Mario would be best for Mustang. I mean, fireballs, his smash attack, you can contextualize the cape into a TINY MINI SKIRT, and there you go. Has Roy written all over it. Too short? Add ONE extra bone connected to the TopN bone that is a parent to everything else and scale using that. It would not be effected by any animations, and it'll stay that one size. It would be a one slot, as well.

Just a suggestion.

Soneek
    Extreme Kitten

BRSTMizer/Model Importer

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #73 on: November 21, 2011, 12:46:42 PM »

I agree that Mustang would fit over Mario. The final smash is perfect, and he is the Flame Alchemist.

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: November 21, 2011, 01:22:40 PM »

Over Mario would be best for Mustang. I mean, fireballs, his smash attack, you can contextualize the cape into a TINY MINI SKIRT, and there you go. Has Roy written all over it. Too short? Add ONE extra bone connected to the TopN bone that is a parent to everything else and scale using that. It would not be effected by any animations, and it'll stay that one size. It would be a one slot, as well.

Just a suggestion.

Sounds good to me. So you are saying I just make a new bone that is a parent to all the rest of the bones and connected to the TopN bone and then rig Roy to Mario and then do I scale the character up in max with this extra bone or do I scale the character up in BrawlBox with the extra bone?

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
    Print
    Jump to: