Mewtwo2000's character thread [More Rim characters coming (09/03/2014)]

Started by Mewtwo2000, November 20, 2011, 07:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

It would be great if someone could edit Delfino Plaza to not mess up characters with lighting effects, if it were at all possible.
My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
NNID: Allav866

Quote from: Allav866 on February 14, 2013, 05:41:37 AM
It would be great if someone could edit Delfino Plaza to not mess up characters with lighting effects, if it were at all possible.

of course it's possible, just make a new lighting system for it

Awesome rim lighting, M22K!
Gives the Brawl characters that Galaxy-esque shine. :)

The rim versions of the Brawl Peach, Wario, Yoshi and Bowser are now in the vault. I may write a kc-mm blog post tomorrow.







SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Excitement! I have it!

Excellent work here, especially all the extra stuff you did for Peach.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Hi there. You know I started a Melee Ganondorf import once, don't you? Well, I'm cancelling it.

JoeTE has released his own version and it's perfect. So I don't need to make mine anymore. It's just stupid.

It has expressions, it comes with the sword... In fact, I've only found 2 small flaws, but I've been curious about his hack and I've made my own edits to it. They're a small rigging problem on the neck, and some other under the right arm. Nothing really to care about, but I wanted to perfect it for personal use. I've also changed some small problem with the earrings material, made some change in the yellow eyes shader, and made it not to be double-sided in general.

I've also made a rim lighting version of that edit of JoeTE's hack, and I'll release that one as a collab if I get his permission. I'll also tell him about the small issues in case he wants to fix them in his hack.

He's been extremely careful. Perfect materials, proper names and order in vertex and normal nodes, used my improved metal materials for the parts with alphas... Just amazing. So go get it now xD

This is a picture showing my edit (you won't see the differences at all) and the rim lighting version of my edit (that's more noticeable, obv).



Oh, on a side note, I've been working on many rim lighting characters, most of them the original Brawl ones, and I've been using them in my last videos. Also made special Dark Link and Dark Toon Link hacks, which are transparent and change their transparency. You can see them in my youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mewtwo2ooo?feature=watch

Also, I've just released a Glasses Squirtle made with the ProjectM shades model. I'll release a rim lighting version of this one when I release the next bunch of rim characters, which will be in few days. Some of the already done ones are Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Lucario, Donkey, Diddy, Ganondorf, Link, Toon Link, Falcon...

Picture showing him with and without the rim lighting:

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 26, 2013, 10:48:05 PM
In fact, I've only found 2 small flaws, but I've been curious about his hack and I've made my own edits to it. They're a small rigging problem on the neck, and some other under the right arm. Nothing really to care about, but I wanted to perfect it for personal use. I've also changed some small problem with the earrings material, made some change in the yellow eyes shader, and made it not to be double-sided in general.

I've also made a rim lighting version of that edit of JoeTE's hack, and I'll release that one as a collab if I get his permission. I'll also tell him about the small issues in case he wants to fix them in his hack.
Feel free to release your rim lighting version of Melee Ganondorf.

Also, I'd love to hear about those minor issues that you fixed (especially the fix for the earring material.)
JoeTE ~ Now copying lifeform data!

I've sent you a pm with all the details ;)

Thanks for your permission!  :kdance:
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 26, 2013, 10:48:05 PM
Also, I've just released a Glasses Squirtle made with the ProjectM shades model. I'll release a rim lighting version of this one when I release the next bunch of rim characters, which will be in few days. Some of the already done ones are Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Lucario, Donkey, Diddy, Ganondorf, Link, Toon Link, Falcon...
It's like Christmas for me.

Really glad you're releasing these. I plan to have a game full of them once they're all done.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

I've been making the rim pikachus today. They've been done in minutes, but then I've noticed some problem that both the standard and green pikachus have. And it's difficult to notice, but it's there.



The yellow eye textures are in a format that may change the color when compressing the files, and in fact they use a different yellow for pikachu's skin due to this. That makes pikachu to have some ugly yellow parts in his face.

The truth is that it's nearly unnoticeable, but I've noticed it and I've been working to fix it. So, that problem is even less noticeable in my rim pikachus.

I've also made this Pikachu with Squirtle's glasses, I thought it may be cool, and I guess it is.



I guess I'll get the rim chars I currently got plus 1 or 2 more, and will release them this week.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Would you mind if I edited that Pikachu to have orange shades similar to Kamina from Gurren Lagann? I can send it to you and you can put it in the mediafire folder; I don't think it would warrant a standalone release.


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Quote from: Enigmatic on June 01, 2013, 02:32:10 AM
Would you mind if I edited that Pikachu to have orange shades similar to Kamina from Gurren Lagann? I can send it to you and you can put it in the mediafire folder; I don't think it would warrant a standalone release.
Sure, why not?

I've been working some more on Rim characters, by the way. Here's some HD previews showing some of them.



I'll release the ones I currently got when I finish taking snapshots for the vault entries.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

I am smiling right now.

These rim characters are really fun to use, I gotta tell you.

EDIT: Awesome sauce. The Zelda gang and manly duo look pretty awesome. Thanks!
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

I've been checking, and it looks like these are the characters I've released as Rims until today.



I really need to upload a few more, cause there's a few more done than uploaded...
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial