Mewtwo2000's character thread [More Rim characters coming (09/03/2014)]

Started by Mewtwo2000, November 20, 2011, 07:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Good to see this thread active again. it's been quiet for too long. Anyhow, can't wait for Melee Ganondorf. There aren't enough imports for Melee characters.
My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
NNID: Allav866

dont forget melee ganondorf, itha sword, over ike :P

@Mewtwo2000:
Didn't you plan to make Donkey Kong from DK64 somewhen? When I just saw him on models-resource.net, I suddenly had to think of you.  :D


Oh man! Im lovin that Melee Ganon! :D
I requested something like this about a month back. Can't wait to see it done.


January 10, 2013, 02:59:36 PM #289 Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 03:00:27 PM by Mewtwo2000
Rim Mario and Luigi released.





Not imports, just the Brawl ones with a shiny effect. But they fit better here than in my stage thread xD

http://kc-mm.com/2013/01/10/rim-lighting-mario-luigi/
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

They are amazing! Let's say I have a Mario texture and I want it to be shiny. Would I just replace the texture myself with Brawlbox? Can't wait to try this out ingame.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Rim Mario and Luigi are amazingly awesome. I combined them with some more vibrant color textures (from vBrawl) and it makes the game look so good.

If you do any others, I will use them without question.

I am really curious as to how this effect is achieved. I would enjoy learning to do this.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

January 14, 2013, 06:12:03 PM #292 Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 01:30:16 AM by Mewtwo2000
I'm just editing the materials and shaders so they use an extra texture, which work similar to the metal materials or the dark characters in the sse. Just adding one texture reference with that property to every material, and editing the shaders accordingly.

I've given the rim lighting to Peach and Bowser now:

[SSBB hack] - Peach and Bowser with the rim lighting

Yoshi also has it:

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

I see, I see. I suppose it's time for me to learn to edit materials and shaders then.

Bowser, Peach, and Yoshi looks pretty darn cool.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Wario is getting his rim lighting too:



The metal for the biker Wario is fixed now in terms of alphas.



And the rim Toad for rim Peach gets the metal form along with her.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Do like :srs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 14, 2013, 01:26:43 AM
And the rim Toad for rim Peach gets the metal form along with her.

Guess I better update me SM64 Toad from the SM64 Peach imports to have the metal cap texture. lol
So since Toad and Fludd are able to have metals, does this mean that any article can metals? This could add some pretty interesting effects, not to mention it can just be a simple texture swap, like giving the SM64 Wing Cap their unused Metal Wing textures, so who knows what interesting and cool effects can be added to stuff like capes and swords with this. ;D
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

The amount of hi-fives I would like to give you would probably break the world...I think I'm gonna ISO hack your Rim characters so I never have to worry about switching costume files.

EDIT: Also, have you noticed the rim lighting goes kinda funky on Delfino Plaza? I can provide a screen if you want.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Shun_One on February 14, 2013, 02:47:49 AM
The amount of hi-fives I would like to give you would probably break the world...I think I'm gonna ISO hack your Rim characters so I never have to worry about switching costume files.

EDIT: Also, have you noticed the rim lighting goes kinda funky on Delfino Plaza? I can provide a screen if you want.
Yah, almost every import that has any lighting effects like a shine, or specmap looks weird on Delfino, and some other stages. That has to be the stage itself, plus every character, weither its a hack or an original Brawl one doesn't matter, looks really bright on that stage. Because of this I don't care what effect my hacks have on that stage, just use it to show any shadow edits since shadows are visible on that stage. :notimp:
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on February 14, 2013, 03:31:33 AM
Yah, almost every import that has any lighting effects like a shine, or specmap looks weird on Delfino, and some other stages. That has to be the stage itself, plus every character, weither its a hack or an original Brawl one doesn't matter, looks really bright on that stage. Because of this I don't care what effect my hacks have on that stage, just use it to show any shadow edits since shadows are visible on that stage. :notimp:
So that's the culprit. Glad to know. Perchance I will look into it if I ever get into stage hacking.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM