TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP

Started by Tabuu Forte Akugun, December 06, 2011, 01:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 09, 2014, 03:43:51 AM #765 Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 06:56:17 PM by KingOfTheHillJigglypuff
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 09, 2014, 01:59:23 AM
Anyway, I made some edits:

First of all, when his gun is about to explode, you'll know you're in trouble. Like in DCK2, his gun sparks twice before backfiring,
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Aw, man. D: I charged it too long. D:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Oh, by the way, once the gun starts to spark, there's nothing you can do about it. Let go of that B button all you want, that blunderbuss is blowing up.

I also addes subtle fire effects to the shot GFX in front of the gun. Also shows off the black Cannonball texture I just edited a second time. :)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

...................................crap.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

dreams of a k rool moveset tonight. will be getting one in the future.
I take it that the gun will make the firing noise from DKC2 when it bursts? also, what is his animation when he shakes off the burns after the explosion?

KJP Edit: Please put multiple large images in spoilers when quoting a post.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Well, the Spark sound effects are taken straight from DKC2, so yeah, in a sense. If you mean when he actually blows up, he uses explosion SFX found in Brawl. I also forgot to mention, once in a while, he'll utter a little yelp as he blows up. That's because I put a Damage Voice Clip command in there.

And did ya SERIOUSLY dream of a K. Rool moveset? :D lol

Anyway, I came back from the doctor's office today. Says I got high cholesterol problems. D: Great. D: Well, on the upside, I got two K. Rool Footstooling animations done. :P

excellent, DKC2 sound representation
no I didn't, but I seriously wanted to >:(
tis a shame, but all that's needed is vegies and exercise (America's national preferred form of torture)

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on January 09, 2014, 06:32:22 PM
excellent, DKC2 sound representation
no I didn't, but I seriously wanted to >:(
tis a shame, but all that's needed is vegies and exercise (America's national preferred form of torture)

I have a few sound bytes from DKC and DKC 2 in the Sawnd I made, along with his DK64 voice. XD

I know, right? Total torture. D: But steamed with just a dash of butter makes them a lot more tolerable. ;)

hmm... do you have the star KO noise yet?

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on January 09, 2014, 06:44:49 PM
hmm... do you have the star KO noise yet?

I sure do. ;D

I also have these. I know it's not much, but it's all I got done today. Busy day up ahead.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

darn, I had an idea for it. the DKC3 noise (yes, that game again; it's my favorite of the bunch) where you hit K Rool and he makes that shrill noise that echoes somewhat. add a little more echo and you have a star KO noise. since you already made up yer mind, im cool with it. K Rool stuff n all

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on January 09, 2014, 07:25:09 PM
darn, I had an idea for it. the DKC3 noise (yes, that game again; it's my favorite of the bunch) where you hit K Rool and he makes that shrill noise that echoes somewhat. add a little more echo and you have a star KO noise. since you already made up yer mind, im cool with it. K Rool stuff n all

Everyone's allowed their favorite. I personally prefer DKC, for instance. It's my favorite Donkey Kong game ever. The game was epic, and of course, it introduced K. Rool and his awesome Kremlings I miss so much. D: I don't get it, if the Koopas and Space Pirates, for example, can stay for so long, why can't the Kremlings? D:

Anyway, enough ranting. Time for some more K. Rool updates. I've started his StepJump, and am making some very slight edits to the Blunderbuss sparks when he overcharges. If everything goes right, I hope to have a beta out by Spring break at the latest, but don't hold me up on that. XD School's about to start and all. But I'm working as fast as I can without compromising too much on quality. I'll also start his Aerial N-B ASAP.

This week was my first week back. :P
Love what you've done so far, love how you made K Rool look up to see what happened after being stepped on, it's a nice and funny touch. ;D
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 09, 2014, 10:22:23 PM
This week was my first week back. :P
Love what you've done so far, love how you made K Rool look up to see what happened after being stepped on, it's a nice and funny touch. ;D

Really?

Ugh... I feel your pain, believe me. :srs:

Anyway, I made K. Rool's Forward Roll Dodge. He literally rolls on his stomach and back, inspired a bit by DK King of Swing and Jungle Climber. Here:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

even a few references to less-heard-of games he was in. the only 3 games left are Barrel Blast, Mario Super Sluggers, and DKC3 (again with the mentioning? sorry). him picking up a homerun bat will have Super Sluggers covered. Barrel Blast was a racing game so I don't really see how that could fit in, unless you change his final smash into riding around in a rocket barrel, shooting spiked cannonballs from the blunderbuss XD.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on January 10, 2014, 07:36:42 PM
even a few references to less-heard-of games he was in. the only 3 games left are Barrel Blast, Mario Super Sluggers, and DKC3 (again with the mentioning? sorry). him picking up a homerun bat will have Super Sluggers covered. Barrel Blast was a racing game so I don't really see how that could fit in, unless you change his final smash into riding around in a rocket barrel, shooting spiked cannonballs from the blunderbuss XD.

I bought a copy of KoS just for K. Rool. The first game where my fave Nintendo character is playable? Heck yes. Sadly I'm unable to unlock him. D: The controls are weird and the game is fairly challenging.

And even the Final Smash is covered and will be a reference to DKC. Remember that cannonball rain he used to summon? ;)

And yeah, I don't intend to represent Barrel Blast all that much, honestly.

barrel blast wasn't as good; woulda preferred if rare finished Donkey Kong Racing before the transition.
kinda figured it would be cannonball rain. it's all-too iconic.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on January 10, 2014, 07:52:36 PM
barrel blast wasn't as good; woulda preferred if rare finished Donkey Kong Racing before the transition.
kinda figured it would be cannonball rain. it's all-too iconic.

I wish that "transition" never happened. Rare-Nintendo was the best thing to happen to Donkey Kong, IMO. I LOVE Retro Studios with a passion, don't get me wrong, but Returns was missing a lot of stuff. It just wasn't as awesome nor magical.

I'll shut up and get back to work. XD

I've thought of an idea of having K. Rool's Up-B being Barrel Blast. It'll act sort of like Diddy Kong's Up-B, or Fox's Up-B.

Either way, I thought of having K. Rool being in a barrel with an arrow on it, and act like Melee's Cannon Barrel, and umm... you get the picture. XD