TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP

Started by Tabuu Forte Akugun, December 06, 2011, 01:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

March 11, 2014, 12:51:58 AM #1335 Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 01:01:43 AM by Calypso
Tabuu I know your still not back to your old self, and it will take time, but I really think Akeno is right, please consider changing your name and quote thing to something happier please. It has to be make you sad each time you see it, it makes me sad. Tabuu I just think you need to get as much unhappy stuff out of your way as you can. Will you please consider changing it Tabuu?

I know you want to move your thread back to a PSA/Animation thread but Tabuu please, let us try to help you first. We can do a much better job all taking here than with PM's where we don't know who else is trying to help you or what's being said.

March 11, 2014, 01:26:07 AM #1336 Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:32:41 PM by Tabuu Forte Akugun
[/crushdrama]

[psatalk]

Okay, tonight I'll have a preview of the edited attacks I did. Now, I'm going to want feedback on those animation edits, if possible. As I mentioned before, please take the girl talk to PMs. No exceptions. Otherwise I'll PM KJP and ask him to clean this thread up. :P

Anywhoo, the animations I edited are the Up Smash, First Jab and FSmash. I'll also redo ugly (in my eyes) animations, like the FTilt and the Sidestep. The LandingAirB could also use work before I show it.

The purpose, as I said, is to TRY and make them less stiff. K. Rool will also get the same treatment when I get back to work on him.

EDIT: Oops, I seem to have forgotten the GIFs yesterday. Here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

woa, they look pretty neat now
I have to ask you, how do you technically make your animations look "alive"? Everytime I try to make animations, the character looks pretty dead D:

There's something off about the first animation, can't put my finger on it...

Second one is fine. Needs slight polishing but it's great otherwise.

For the last one, try putting Cold's arms in front of his body and then have them rotate to his sides. It's fine right now, but it could use some polish to look more vicious.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on March 11, 2014, 01:26:07 AM
[/crushdrama]

[psatalk]
Good.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on March 11, 2014, 01:26:07 AMOkay, tonight I'll have a preview of the edited attacks I did. Now, I'm going to want feedback on those animation edits, if possible. As I mentioned before, please take the girl talk to PMs. No exceptions. Otherwise I'll PM KJP and ask him to clean this thread up. :P

Anywhoo, the animations I edited are the Up Smash, First Jab and FSmash. I'll also redo ugly (in my eyes) animations, like the FTilt and the Sidestep. The LandingAirB could also use work before I show it.

The purpose, as I said, is to TRY and make them less stiff. K. Rool will also get the same treatment when I get back to work on him.

EDIT: Oops, I seem to have forgotten the GIFs yesterday. Here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The 1st animation is weird. I can't tell what is he doing, just like Zack said.
2nd one looks great. I like what you did with the tail!
3rd one, same as Zack, put his arms forward before spreading them, it'd make this more powerful.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

The first animation is a punch, btw. Perhaps I should have posted it in another angle, too...

And okay. I'll do that with the arms. ^^

After spending half the day sleeping (lol), I'm getting back to work.




Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on March 12, 2014, 09:23:18 PM
Perhaps I should have posted it in another angle, too...

No, don't.

The players don't see the "other angles" in the game. If an animation doesn't look good in whichever angle it will be viewed in (left or right), then you gotta do something about it.

You could have him pull his arm back before he swings it forward. Maybe have his torso move slightly downwards after/as he throws his punch. Also you could slightly tilt his neck downwards, as well


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on March 12, 2014, 09:23:18 PM
After spending half the day sleeping (lol), I'm getting back to work.
Ooh... I wish I could still do something like that :c

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on March 12, 2014, 09:23:18 PM
And okay. I'll do that with the arms. ^^
Yes, please

Quote from: Zack Fair on March 12, 2014, 09:37:21 PM
No, don't.

The players don't see the "other angles" in the game. If an animation doesn't look good in whichever angle it will be viewed in (left or right), then you gotta do something about it.

You could have him pull his arm back before he swings it forward. Maybe have his torso move slightly downwards after/as he throws his punch. Also you could slightly tilt his neck downwards, as well
Why don't you have the Constructive Award yet?
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Akeno on March 12, 2014, 09:40:10 PM
Why don't you have the Constructive Award yet?

Because no one nominated me for it :V


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Zack Fair on March 12, 2014, 09:44:43 PM
Because no one nominated me for it :V

How does one get nominated/nominate anyways? I never got that.
You Never Know!

Quote from: zutox on March 12, 2014, 10:48:17 PM
How does one get nominated/nominate anyways? I never got that.

Just say that you nominate someone for that badge in the awards topic


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Zack Fair on March 12, 2014, 10:52:00 PM
Just say that you nominate someone for that badge in the awards topic
Maybe I should nominate you
But I'll leave this honor to Tabuu :P
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Akeno on March 12, 2014, 11:02:43 PM
Maybe I should nominate you
But I'll leave this honor to Tabuu :P

Talk about putting him on the spot :V


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

In a MUCH better mood now, btw. I finished my film for my Electronic Filmmaking class, and I decided I wouldn't let things get to me so much. Once in a while, I get a relapse, but it's normal. After so many years of being so negative and depressed, it'll take a while to be fully positive again... it's like an addiction or a very bad habit. I need to kick it, and stop letting my Asperger's get in the way or using it as an excuse for all my faults. I've had a pretty bad Spring Break, also, for the first time, I can't wait for classes to resume.

Anyway, back to the PSA side of things. I'm about to resume work on King Cold, but I'll also be spending time at Starbucks with my best friend. So I don't know how much I'll get done today. If worse comes to worse, I'll spend Saturday and most of Sunday on him.

For those of you who are awaiting news on K. Rool or my other PSAs, don't you worry. I'm still going to make them. It's just that Cold is my #1 priority.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on March 14, 2014, 06:12:34 PM
In a MUCH better mood now, btw.
This will really make a certain someone rejoice ;)
You know I know that you recognize yourself, huh?

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on March 14, 2014, 06:12:34 PM
I finished my film for my Electronic Filmmaking class, and I decided I wouldn't let things get to me so much. Once in a while, I get a relapse, but it's normal. After so many years of being so negative and depressed, it'll take a while to be fully positive again... it's like an addiction or a very bad habit. I need to kick it, and stop letting my Asperger's get in the way or using it as an excuse for all my faults. I've had a pretty bad Spring Break, also, for the first time, I can't wait for classes to resume.

Anyway, back to the PSA side of things. I'm about to resume work on King Cold, but I'll also be spending time at Starbucks with my best friend. So I don't know how much I'll get done today. If worse comes to worse, I'll spend Saturday and most of Sunday on him.

For those of you who are awaiting news on K. Rool or my other PSAs, don't you worry. I'm still going to make them. It's just that Cold is my #1 priority.
Alright, then! But... Can I still work on Chiyako, please? Making an OC sounds fun!
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.