TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP

Started by Tabuu Forte Akugun, December 06, 2011, 01:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on June 06, 2014, 07:46:29 PM
Okay, prepare yourselves, testers. Tonight, I send you the build before heading to the U.S. for the weekend. :)

I've included a nice readme with a change log and other things.

All that's left is to fix the Aerial Up B (I'm having trouble making the hitbox on this one, I might have to make it in BB 0.67 and put it in my PAC), and finish ONE footstool animation and then he'll be ready for you.

I'm proud of my work on this one, unlike the last version. I just you guys like him too. :)
Alright!! This sounds beast! Send it to this account and not the other one I have, please. I'm using this one more often these days...
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on June 06, 2014, 07:46:29 PM
Okay, prepare yourselves, testers. Tonight, I send you the build before heading to the U.S. for the weekend. :)

I've included a nice readme with a change log and other things.

All that's left is to fix the Aerial Up B (I'm having trouble making the hitbox on this one, I might have to make it in BB 0.67 and put it in my PAC), and finish ONE footstool animation and then he'll be ready for you.

I'm proud of my work on this one, unlike the last version. I just you guys like him too. :)
Yay! And since you made it, it will most definitely be awesome.

Aw, shucks, you guys. <3

Well, I found one more glitch I have to fix. If I have to, I'll postpone sending it for an hour or 2.

Yay! Can't wait!
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on June 06, 2014, 08:30:51 PM
Aw, shucks, you guys. <3

Well, I found one more glitch I have to fix. If I have to, I'll postpone sending it for an hour or 2.

I don't know what time zone you live in, but I'm on the edge of my seat for this.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Very soon. Just gotta iron out a few things, and I'll send!

June 07, 2014, 02:31:15 AM #1701 Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 02:50:06 AM by KingOfChaos
My review on Tabuu.

Before I begin I need to make a clarification. After playing with Tabuu and seeing what was being done with the attacks, particularly the Aerial Down B, I get the impression that this iteration is aiming to be a more balanced and competitive friendly PSA as opposed to a final boss PSA. The previous Tabuu was tough to beat, what with it's excellent dodge roll, aerial down special, and aerial side B with it's lingering hit box and massive knock-back.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

June 07, 2014, 02:49:23 AM #1702 Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:39:10 PM by KingOfChaos
I'm giving feedback on every move except the following (since I see they're not done).
-Jab.
-Dash Attack.
-Up Tilt.
-Down Tilt.
-Forward Air.
-Back Air.
-Up Air.
-Down Air.
-Forward Throw.
-Up Throw.
-Ground Down Special.

PSA Work:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Animation Work:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Overall, there is still much to be done. But with the way things are going right now, I might consider having Tabuu on my roster once everything is finalized and polished.

As for your Sword Trail issue, use either of the following as the Sword Trail Hue/Color (since your current Hue is 1, which is TexLinkSwordTrace, which explains it not working).
3B (Hex) 59 (Dec) :eff_enem_MI_taboo_zanzo01
3C (Hex) 60 (Dec) :eff_enem_MI_taboo_zanzo02
3D (Hex) 61 (Dec) :eff_enem_MI_taboo_zanzo03
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

June 07, 2014, 11:58:33 AM #1703 Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 12:00:09 PM by AkenoS3
Gonna test him tonight...
Though...
Quote from: Nebulon on June 07, 2014, 02:31:15 AMThe previous Tabuu was tough to beat
I didn't read your whole post, but I don't agree with this quote. Previous Tabuu was more a punching bag than anything... he was really huge and couldn't handle a Fox combo. He was too easy to KO (I used it in 2 BrawlEx packs).
Sorry if it sounded rude, I didn't mean to offense you in any way.
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: AkenoS3 on June 07, 2014, 11:58:33 AM
Gonna test him tonight...
Though...I didn't read your whole post, but I don't agree with this quote. Previous Tabuu was more a punching bag than anything... he was really huge and couldn't handle a Fox combo. He was too easy to KO (I used it in 2 BrawlEx packs).
Sorry if it sounded rude, I didn't mean to offense you in any way.

You don't have to agree. I personally don't have. Tough time beaing him, but people can't beat me when I use him. The side dodge is so fast that I can clear a way in almos every circumstance, and his unblockable aerial laser covers the map, is unblockable, and has fantastic knockback. I found it easy to use. People had to jump in order to dodge it, and if ou found the sweet spot  then for some characters they couldn't even jump to avoid it. Not to me tio. He aerial side B, and that lingering hitbox. I'd light hop and use that towards an edge while an opponent is trying to recover and there's virtuallt nothing they can do because the sword exits the arena keping Tabuu's body safe and sound and it blocks the edge.

Maybe he wasn't tough so to speak, but he was easy to exploit. His down tilt had more range than any of character's attack, which meant they'd have to advance from the air since the move was pretty fast and had a lingering hitbox. But if they do that then you teleport upwards and BBQ them. He was build pretty... Cheaply if you knew how to use him.

But the mJority of his moves were unusable. Down tilt for an attack, dodge roll and juke away, use laser to send off at sweetspot, then gaurd edge with hop-air side B. rinse and repeat. He's a [censored] if you use him right. But admittly i use him against my friends... So magbe they're just not that good...
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on June 07, 2014, 01:19:50 PM
You don't have to agree. I personally don't have. Tough time beaing him, but people can't beat me when I use him. The side dodge is so fast that I can clear a way in almos every circumstance, and his unblockable aerial laser covers the map, is unblockable, and has fantastic knockback. I found it easy to use. People had to jump in order to dodge it, and if ou found the sweet spot  then for some characters they couldn't even jump to avoid it. Not to me tio. He aerial side B, and that lingering hitbox. I'd light hop and use that towards an edge while an opponent is trying to recover and there's virtuallt nothing they can do because the sword exits the arena keping Tabuu's body safe and sound and it blocks the edge.

Maybe he wasn't tough so to speak, but he was easy to exploit. His down tilt had more range than any of character's attack, which meant they'd have to advance from the air since the move was pretty fast and had a lingering hitbox. But if they do that then you teleport upwards and BBQ them. He was build pretty... Cheaply if you knew how to use him.

But the mJority of his moves were unusable. Down tilt for an attack, dodge roll and juke away, use laser to send off at sweetspot, then gaurd edge with hop-air side B. rinse and repeat. He's a [censored] if you use him right. But admittly i use him against my friends... So magbe they're just not that good...
Hmm... the real problem with Old Tabuu was that his only viable attack was that Down Air. As for the roll, it wasn't really OP since it didn't cover a long distance. I played as him in several matches with friends and CPU and won half of them... played against him played by my friends and CPU Lvl16 and didn't lose  once... I don't know your skill level nor your friends' but mine aren't that good, and... well... Tabuu needed alot.
Your last sentence makes me want to play against you though >D

Now I need to test the new one to see what he can do ;)
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

June 07, 2014, 02:19:10 PM #1706 Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 02:23:48 PM by Nebulon
I went to a tournament held at Lazer Quest and as a side game I controlled Tabuu versus the top 3 combatenents, no team damage, 3 stock, and beat them.

I'm surprised you don't think his side dodge is OP. not only is it fast, but if you keep tappin the direction you're rolling, you can literally keep going, and you can change direction all without having a frame of re-entry where you can be hit during the roll. You can roll into a roll essentially, repeatedly, and change directions at will.

As far as my skill... I can beat everyone I know... Everyone from college, everyone in my cousin's Navy dorm, everyone I work with. I've won all 3 tournaments I've ever participated in as a combatenent, one of which was held by Gamestop. At least it's been that way for the last 2 years.

I main Wolf. My only issue is that I don't really "play" when I'm playing him. As in, everything I do is just a reaction at this point. I rarely actually think while playing. I only ever switch it up and start actually "being present" when an opponent uses techniques that require my mind games. Otherwise, I'm really not ther when I play. This kind of limits my enjoyment lol

And I can beat a level 16 Fox with Tabuu, and 9.

The only issue I have is with Captain Falcon and Ganon, who can use their Up special and almost always land it if I'm not paying attention.

Post Merge: June 07, 2014, 02:22:58 PM

If my spelling is bad, it's because I'm on my phone. I hate touch screen. :/
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on June 07, 2014, 02:19:10 PM
I went to a tournament held at Lazer Quest and as a side game I controlled Tabuu versus the top 3 combatenents, no team damage, 3 stock, and beat them.

I'm surprised you don't think his side dodge is OP. not only is it fast, but if you keep tappin the direction you're rolling, you can literally keep going, and you can change direction all without having a frame of re-entry where you can be hit during the roll. You can roll into a roll essentially, repeatedly, and change directions at will.

As far as my skill... I can beat everyone I know... Everyone from college, everyone in my cousin's Navy dorm, everyone I work with. I've won all 3 tournaments I've ever participated in as a combatenent, one of which was held by Gamestop. At least it's been that way for the last 2 years.

I main Wolf. My only issue is that I don't really "play" when I'm playing him. As in, everythinf I do is just a reaction at this point. I rarely a tually think while playing. I only ever switch it up and start actually "being present" when an opponent uses techniques that require my mind games. Otherwise, I'm really not ther when I play. This kind of limits my enjoyment lol

And I can beat a level Fox with Tabuu, and 9.

The only issue I have is with Captain Falcon and Ganon, who can use their Up special and almost always land it if I'm not paying attention.
I see... I never went to a tournament, but the only character that causes me trouble is Pit. I HATE him for this reason: Dash Attack>Nair>GlideAttack>SideB and start over...
Other than that, I also beat everyone I know IRL, but on the Forums, that's something else... lol
And I'd like to play against your Tabuu with... idk... Saber? Because I'm working on her, yes.
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: AkenoS3 on June 07, 2014, 02:27:27 PM
I see... I never went to a tournament, but the only character that causes me trouble is Pit. I HATE him for this reason: Dash Attack>Nair>GlideAttack>SideB and start over...
Other than that, I also beat everyone I know IRL, but on the Forums, that's something else... lol
And I'd like to play against your Tabuu with... idk... Saber? Because I'm working on her, yes.
Quote from: AkenoS3 on June 07, 2014, 02:27:27 PM
I see... I never went to a tournament, but the only character that causes me trouble is Pit. I HATE him for this reason: Dash Attack>Nair>GlideAttack>SideB and start over...
Other than that, I also beat everyone I know IRL, but on the Forums, that's something else... lol
And I'd like to play against your Tabuu with... idk... Saber? Because I'm working on her, yes.
Quote from: AkenoS3 on June 07, 2014, 02:27:27 PM
I see... I never went to a tournament, but the only character that causes me trouble is Pit. I HATE him for this reason: Dash Attack>Nair>GlideAttack>SideB and start over...
Other than that, I also beat everyone I know IRL, but on the Forums, that's something else... lol
And I'd like to play against your Tabuu with... idk... Saber? Because I'm working on her, yes.

I have no experience with Saber. Is the moveset any good? I'll upload an old Tabuu video with me wreckin some computers if you'd like.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

That's alot of quotes... lol
Anyway:
Quote from: Nebulon on June 07, 2014, 02:42:29 PM
I have no experience with Saber. Is the moveset any good? I'll upload an old Tabuu video with me wreckin some computers if you'd like.
Yeah, Saber moveset is very good! But compy sucks using her at her fullest. As for mine, it's not bad... pretty cheap, sometimes OP, and it can be also very... weird.
And yes please, upload some so I can see your tricks with Tabuu... lol
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.