WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: TurboChaos on March 23, 2015, 08:07:05 PM
Here's something I haven't shown in while! :P

As you can see I completely remade the torso and made edits to the hand/Air-Buster.

Side-view.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Ooh, that looks cool :) is it custom?

And how's the Duck Hunt stage? Haven't seen it in a while.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Finally got back to work on this little guy. I used the Hammer Bro. model from Smash Wii U, and took the needed parts from him. Then took the Boomerang from SMG2, and redid the texture. This Toad model is from Peach's Neutral Special from Smash Wii U, as well. I gave him pants, as without them, his feet just floated there. I think it looks fine, honestly. Gotta work on the UVW map for the boomerang and Toad's mouth, and then it's time for rigging. Either over Ness or Mario (with size-mod). Can't decide, but may do both.

March 24, 2015, 12:47:26 PM #18512 Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:03:29 PM by ShadowLuigi~NG~
Hiiii




Post Merge: March 25, 2015, 02:03:29 PM

Solid Wah (updated textures)




Had this for a while but just made a quick render to show to you guys.


project WAAAAA lives!!

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on March 25, 2015, 03:45:35 PM
project WAAAAA lives!!
OMG YES! I was wondering what happened to this. How many characters are left to WAAA? :P

Started working on Airman's textures. I wanted to make him look smooth, but at the same time make him look bolted together. Thoughts?


and here's what the texture map looks like.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I think that looks great so far. Are you going for Brawl styled at all? If so, I would add some wear and tear to the metal, making it more scratched and realistic looking. Aim for the amount of detail that Mega Man has in smash 4

Yeah Brawl style's the plan. Maybe something close to this, you know except less hyper realistic?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: TurboChaos on March 25, 2015, 05:28:30 PM
Started working on Airman's textures. I wanted to make him look smooth, but at the same time make him look bolted together. Thoughts?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

that airman looks nice, looking forward to the completed result

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Quote from: TurboChaos on March 25, 2015, 05:28:30 PM-snip
Velen asked me to post his critique for him, as he's currently Moderated.

Quote from: VelenThe texture looks good so far, though could you consider the following?

- Perhaps making the lines that indicate the separate pieces of his torso go around his head as well, rather than just down the middle, or just around mound that makes up his head area leading into the large fan?

- Maybe adding those same lines arc around the side of the torso and down the middle where the front and back half, with the former leading into the fan?

- Giving higher contrast to the shade down at the bottom of the torso near the waist using yellow or green, seeing as the yellow ring would be reflected on his body?

- As Nano said, making the textured details similarly to Mega Man from Smash 4?

The only other thing I would ask to consider is possible altering the shape of his right arm from the elbow down to match Mega Man's arm shape more? As right now it looks like a rubber anti-septic glove.

You're doing good work and I look forward to seeing the result.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

i agree with most of the critique, except for the texture being similar to smash 4. i see that as more of "bonus" feature. it'd be nice, but i wouldn't miss it if it were not included.
---
my only minor gripe is the eyes look a little polygonal. however, this is understandable if there are limitations.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

March 25, 2015, 06:55:47 PM #18521 Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 06:57:05 PM by iwantgames
forgot to post this with me last post, this is the next HW character I will be importing after link


album with more viewpoints here: http://imgur.com/a/xTBgY#0

posting now cause I need to ask if anyone know how to do expressions for sheik? I can make the expressions, I just don't know how her expressions function (how to set them up). so if anyone could explain that to me that would be great. anyway, all that's left before I have her completely fixed is added tails to the harp and re-UV front hairs on her left side

as for link, I'm touching up the SS costumes skirt rig. after that I just have to set him up for in game and the pack is complete. getting ready to go to school so I should have link done later today or tomorrow


Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

The only normal change you see in Sheiks face is when she takes damage. But she actually does have shp0 animation for blinking. Basically it's just her eyes that need to be animated for her expressions. So a normal, half blink, blink, and hurt face with only the eyes being changed.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

alright, thanks.

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Getting there....



Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.