WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Velen on November 25, 2012, 04:26:31 AM
I like how nobody is commenting on Gumdramon's hack.
I appreciate the gesture Velen, thank you. But it's alright.

It comes with being me.<-No-emo
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on November 25, 2012, 04:33:38 AM
:O
I'm excited for the final rig. I don't have any other comments because I gave you feedback. :P
So...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Mhm, and thanks a ton for it. It helped me a LOT Jigglez-

Ooh, a Burmy!

Also, I rigged the neck and the extra thumb bones you wanted. I made sure to test the fingers this time to make sure I didn't miss any verts. xD
And I pushed the back spike verts into his back more, so they won't be running away from home now. Lol

Quote from: joke. on November 24, 2012, 10:09:14 PM
@randomizer:

you cant rig those sleeves to the hair, simply because it's not hair, all you can really do i vertex edit it to look decent when static
Yes you can. I have rigged capes and scarfs to links hat bones, they work perfectly. how? you move the hat bones so they are child's of his bustn instead of his headn. So he could do the same with Yuna, moving her hair bones to her arm. Wether or not this can be done without messing some important indexes I'm not sure, but aesthetically is perfectly possible.

So here's what's up with mine and randomizer's Yuna... Snoopy sent us a Zelda model with edited bones and said just rig the Yuna over Zelda and it should look better. But after randomizer rigged it to Zelda, and sent me the files... I selected Zelda on the CSS, and it froze. The beeeeeep of death came ON THE CSS..... how does that even work?! :rage:
3DS Friend code- 0447 - 6337 - 9929

Quote from: Superlucario603 on November 25, 2012, 09:13:35 AM
So here's what's up with mine and randomizer's Yuna... Snoopy sent us a Zelda model with edited bones and said just rig the Yuna over Zelda and it should look better. But after randomizer rigged it to Zelda, and sent me the files... I selected Zelda on the CSS, and it froze. The beeeeeep of death came ON THE CSS..... how does that even work?! :rage:
Did you check the file sizes of the files?
Are they higher than the original?

Ya I checked them out and I realize that they are bigger than the original... I realize that that would freeze it but WHY on EARTH at the CSS??
3DS Friend code- 0447 - 6337 - 9929

Quote from: Superlucario603 on November 25, 2012, 09:25:40 AM
Ya I checked them out and I realize that they are bigger than the original... I realize that that would freeze it but WHY on EARTH at the CSS??
I'm sure it's because it pre-loads the characters you select before the match starts.

It'd be best to either: Cut the quality of the texture or Resize the texture to a smaller size like 256x256

Ya, we're gonna fix it (should be an easy fix) and it should be on the vault tomorrow :af2:
3DS Friend code- 0447 - 6337 - 9929

Quote from: Superlucario603 on November 25, 2012, 09:25:40 AM
Ya I checked them out and I realize that they are bigger than the original... I realize that that would freeze it but WHY on EARTH at the CSS??

as gumdramon said, it's cuz brawl loads the pcs file at the css, so if the filesize is way too big it'll freeze there, if it's still too big but not THAT much over the limit, it may freeze at the SSS, or even when he's supposed to appear in the match...

November 25, 2012, 04:24:28 PM #6758 Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:36:20 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Superlucario603 on November 25, 2012, 09:25:40 AM
Ya I checked them out and I realize that they are bigger than the original... I realize that that would freeze it but WHY on EARTH at the CSS??

The file size is beyond what the game can handle for the particular character, hopefully the file I sent you with the reduced texture sizes will resolve the freezing/

FitZelda01.pac 930 KB down to 762 KB
FitZelda01.pcs 930 KB down to 474 KB

They should work fine now.

*Whew* That was one heck of a rig to do!  Nearly pulled my hair out with my follicles.  Now, to start rigging my next project...let's just say it has to do with dragons.  >D

[spoilers] Gardamon on hiatus unless someone is willing to fix up the rig for me....I gave it to a fellow hacker to look at...but nothing has happened in a while....bollocks

Quote from: the_randomizer on November 25, 2012, 04:24:28 PM
The file size is beyond what the game can handle for the particular character, hopefully the file I sent you with the reduced texture sizes will resolve the freezing/

FitZelda01.pac 930 KB down to 762 KB
FitZelda01.pcs 930 KB down to 474 KB

They should work fine now.

*Whew* That was one heck of a rig to do!  Nearly pulled my hair out with my follicles.  Now, to start rigging my next project...let's just say it has to do with dragons.  >D

i can see the problem being a uncompressed pcs file :srs:

Quote from: joke. on November 25, 2012, 04:34:45 PM
i can see the problem being a uncompressed pcs file :srs:

Well at least I fixed it and hope that it works.

just remember a pcs can NEVER be the same size as a pac...

and if they are, there's a fail watching u secretly

Quote from: joke. on November 25, 2012, 04:44:54 PM
just remember a pcs can NEVER be the same size as a pac...

and if they are, there's a fail watching u secretly

Not sure they were the same size, but it's fixed

Quote from: the_randomizer on November 25, 2012, 04:24:28 PM


FitZelda01.pac 930 KB down to 762 KB
FitZelda01.pcs 930 KB down to 474 KB



u said so urself...

Quote from: joke. on November 25, 2012, 05:00:51 PM
u said so urself...

Anyway, it's time for me to move on with other WIPs.