Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 542 543 544 [545] 546 547 548 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4739681 times)
Aafyre
Holy Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured KCMM Veteran Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8160 on: January 21, 2013, 10:48:03 PM »

Hehe sorry, Snoopy's already doing it, I think. The whole reason I even made him is cuz Snoopy sent me a DK skeleton with 4 arms that he says he should be able to get to work.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8161 on: January 21, 2013, 10:52:51 PM »

yep, he's on DK, and has a functioning set of extra arms.  fortunately DK had a lot of extra bones around, but not enough to give the extra arms more than a finger and a thumb bone.  and yes, i'll be rigging him.  i've been wanting to make a good Machamp, just haven't yet.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8162 on: January 21, 2013, 10:54:10 PM »

yep, he's on DK, and has a functioning set of extra arms.  fortunately DK had a lot of extra bones around, but not enough to give the extra arms more than a finger and a thumb bone.  and yes, i'll be rigging him.  i've been wanting to make a good Machamp, just haven't yet.

-or you could be like Pervy and try adding bones in 3DSMax.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8163 on: January 21, 2013, 10:56:09 PM »

it's not that i can't add bones, it's that if i do, it'll throw off the ThrowN bone, which will then cause more issues, like the inability to be thrown without freezing the game.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8164 on: January 21, 2013, 10:58:53 PM »

it's not that i can't add bones, it's that if i do, it'll throw off the ThrowN bone, which will then cause more issues, like the inability to be thrown without freezing the game.

-add them in under the ThrowN Bone, so it's index doesn't change?

Pervyman Trigger
    The Perverted Protagonist
    Special Access

HO HEY

• Awards B Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Cookie Clicker!?

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8165 on: January 21, 2013, 10:59:56 PM »

Hes right vel, o-o There's a difference between a new bone structure and bone edits. Hes goin for a compatible right off the bat kinda thing
    -add them in under the ThrowN Bone, so it's index doesn't change?
    dosnt work like that >.>

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8166 on: January 21, 2013, 11:01:36 PM »

then the parent bone would be the ThrowN, and the extra arms may look a bit funny coming out from below his feet.  they'd have to be added so that the BustN is the parent, that way they come out from the torso.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8167 on: January 21, 2013, 11:30:01 PM »

This is part of the reason why I never really wanted to get into Importing myself...

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8168 on: January 22, 2013, 01:45:45 AM »

then the parent bone would be the ThrowN, and the extra arms may look a bit funny coming out from below his feet.  they'd have to be added so that the BustN is the parent, that way they come out from the torso.
    Just one question snoops. If you have them come from the torso, then do they have their own shoulderN? cause if they don't then it will look weird if the other set of arms goes back and clips into the second one. Maybe  you can either have the arms on the back  follow Shoulder N and the others be attached to the bustN, or have both arms follow the same Shoulder N bone (I think this is the best way). Then It'll look good. But in case of someone animating it, maybe you want two sets of shoulder N? I think it is a waste of bones though. So how did you do it? I'm curious

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8169 on: January 22, 2013, 03:41:05 AM »

yeah, i'd go for having the shoulderN bones as common parents, and have only shoulderJ, armJ, handN, and a finger or 2 (depending on how many u can get)

and vel, importing is a lot easier than what snoopy is doing, an import takes me less than an hour to complete, so it cant be that hard, can it?

it's just that messing with bones is a kinda hard thing, cuz brawl works based on the bones, not the character itself, so if u chnge bones from place u'll inevitably mess up something, even if it's a small thing, look at the hat-less toon link vertexes, the pig of his win animation is all screwed up, as well as his final smash

Boygos
    srs kitten

If you remember me, you've been at this too long

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker

« Reply #8170 on: January 22, 2013, 06:03:01 AM »

How you all do these bone editts? Boygoss mayyyy never know!

Have some Riolu!

DJ Lowgey
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8171 on: January 22, 2013, 06:14:55 AM »

I dont know how to add bones too Sad
    nice preview aafyre and cute preview boygos <3

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8172 on: January 22, 2013, 10:49:10 AM »

I dont know how to add bones too Sad
    nice preview aafyre and cute preview boygos <3
    You can add them either in max or brawlbox. However you usually don't add bones, since this will almost inevitably screw the index of ThrowN (the last bone and important for grabs). Usually you just edit the already existing bone three and avoid messing indexes as much as possible. For example, I ported ZSS onto samus the main problem was the shoulders, so I used the pad bones, renamed them ( so animtions don't affect them, you "null" them), made them parents of the shoulderN bones and  used them to move the shoulderN bones closer together.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8173 on: January 22, 2013, 12:31:14 PM »

i personally do all my bone editing in BrawlBox before i even start rigging, less hassle, and then i only have to do the rig once. 

Just one question snoops. If you have them come from the torso, then do they have their own shoulderN? cause if they don't then it will look weird if the other set of arms goes back and clips into the second one. Maybe  you can either have the arms on the back  follow Shoulder N and the others be attached to the bustN, or have both arms follow the same Shoulder N bone (I think this is the best way). Then It'll look good. But in case of someone animating it, maybe you want two sets of shoulder N? I think it is a waste of bones though. So how did you do it? I'm curious

it was a bit of a simplification that i said they only came out of the BustN.  this is the structure i made for Machamp.

i gave him ShoulderNb type bones that are positioned to be above the first set, then the rest of the extra arm bones will be named the same as the first set, that way the second set will have full motion as well.

importing is a lot easier than what snoopy is doing, an import takes me less than an hour to complete, so it cant be that hard, can it?

and basically this.  bone edits usually aren't necessary, and can be complicated, but can be very worth it.  and i tend to over complicate things anyways.

sonicshuffle42
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

« Reply #8174 on: January 22, 2013, 12:44:08 PM »

Snoops: Can you make a tutorial on how to edit bones and such for extra arms without messing up the trans N ? Because I have a Skyward Sword Character that I'm dying to import who has four arms.

I've come to play, just deal with it~

Pages:  1 ... 542 543 544 [545] 546 547 548 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: