WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Rigged this one for the PSA of Gumdramon I'm failmaking.

December 22, 2012, 04:09:21 PM #7471 Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:02:36 PM by the_randomizer
Yep, Weregarurumon is complete! Mwahahahaha.....

Edit: All gaps and other anomalies repaired



I think I did a halfway decent job  ;)

looks good overall, nitpicking a bit though :P

the legs, they bend kinda weird, i mean where the leg connects with the hip, try the following and see if it helps any(use a backup for if you dont like how it turned out):

select the hip area together with both legs until a few vertice loops before reaching the knee, now in the skin modifier window (where you set the weights) with the hip bone selected click on weld, once or twice, this MAY fix it, or it may as well make it look even worse, hence why i told you to backup :P

December 22, 2012, 05:48:01 PM #7473 Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:49:09 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: joke. on December 22, 2012, 05:43:26 PM
looks good overall, nitpicking a bit though :P

the legs, they bend kinda weird, i mean where the leg connects with the hip, try the following and see if it helps any(use a backup for if you dont like how it turned out):

select the hip area together with both legs until a few vertice loops before reaching the knee, now in the skin modifier window (where you set the weights) with the hip bone selected click on weld, once or twice, this MAY fix it, or it may as well make it look even worse, hence why i told you to backup :P

Yeah, I make numerous backups just in case, so I'll select it and see what happens. . As for the hips, I don't think I blended the vertices very much, so, I'll take a look. Sorry it's not perfect :-[


December 22, 2012, 05:49:38 PM #7475 Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 06:02:45 PM by the_randomizer
Yikes...sorry if the rig isn't perfect :(

Vertex welding made it worse, just needs to be blended/weighted better.

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 22, 2012, 05:49:38 PM
Yikes...sorry if the rig isn't perfect :(

Vertex welding made it worse, just needs to be blended/weighted better.
For future reference, all DMO models clip off at some parts of the body; creating a rig problem-o if you aren't aware.

What I always do is use Vertex weld with 0.001 setting so it binds up all loose vertices that are close to eachother, without dragging in others. It's best to use it before you rig.

Not exactly your fault, it is low res, so some parts, like the knees, for example are expected to bend weird because I'm assuming that the knee area has two rings of vertices, and then doesn't have more vertices until near the feet and hip, making it so you can't really make the knee rig any better.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

By the way here's how the Project Yuna is coming along, going to be using the dissidia strategy of summoning


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
3DS Friend code- 0447 - 6337 - 9929

Quote from: Gumdramon on December 22, 2012, 08:27:37 PM
For future reference, all DMO models clip off at some parts of the body; creating a rig problem-o if you aren't aware.

What I always do is use Vertex weld with 0.001 setting so it binds up all loose vertices that are close to eachother, without dragging in others. It's best to use it before you rig.

Wish someone told me that before I did the rig....ah, dammit all to hell. So much for my contribution.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 22, 2012, 09:40:46 PMWish someone told me that before I did the rig....ah, dammit all to hell. So much for my contribution.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
You're not the first person for something like that to happen, so don't feel too bad, he still looks great, plus look at it this way, you now know something that will help your next rig: Rig Melee Giga Bowser perfectly over Giga Bowser!!!! BRAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm just kidding, Bowser and Giga Bowser are quite possibly the hardest characters to rig because of the way Nintendo animated them, do you have an idea of what you're going to rig next?
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

No one said the hack sucked. Nor that the rigging blew balls.

I've worked DMO models myself, Most of them not having verts in proper places, causing clipping. Didn't discourage me one bit. It only made me more tenacious.

I was just giving you a tip for if you rig another DMO model. That's all, no more, no less.

This is also WAY off topic. this is a WIP thread, not a thread to flame yourself.

That rigging looks excellent, I probably would've gotten the same effect if I rigged it, although I'm not exactly sure how much that would encourage you since I know I'm not the best rigger, but I don't know what you guy's oppions are about my rigging. :P Anyways Gumdramon has a point, this is pretty off topic, I would post a pic of Hammer Mario or SM64 Mario to change thie thread back on topic, but I don't really have anything different from my early posts since I've just been youtubing. lol
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

December 22, 2012, 10:36:54 PM #7483 Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 10:42:32 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Gumdramon on December 22, 2012, 10:19:55 PM
No one said the hack sucked. Nor that the rigging blew balls.

I've worked DMO models myself, Most of them not having verts in proper places, causing clipping. Didn't discourage me one bit. It only made me more tenacious.

I was just giving you a tip for if you rig another DMO model. That's all, no more, no less.

This is also WAY off topic. this is a WIP thread, not a thread to flame yourself.
Like I said, I have an issue with taking things personally, sometimes, it's good to get verification and affirmation from other users, so...yeah. There you have it.  I envy your attitude when it comes to rearranging misplaced vertices.  I'll release it, but I might need some help doing the finishing touches on a few spots.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on December 22, 2012, 10:25:07 PM
That rigging looks excellent, I probably would've gotten the same effect if I rigged it, although I'm not exactly sure how much that would encourage you since I know I'm not the best rigger, but I don't know what you guys' opinions are about my rigging. :P Anyways Gumdramon has a point, this is pretty off topic, I would post a pic of Hammer Mario or SM64 Mario to change the thread back on topic, but I don't really have anything different from my early posts since I've just been youtubing. lol

Don't worry, your rigs are excellent, it's good to get affirmation/reassurance from others.   Do you know of anyone who could do some finishing touches for me (especially where the left arm bends)?  What can I do to fix it up?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.