WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

that cranky is a fantastic idea, great to see "good" noobs. xDDD

the shoulder rig seems a bit weird though

Quote from: joke king on March 14, 2013, 12:09:04 PM
that cranky is a fantastic idea, great to see "good" noobs. xDDD

the shoulder rig seems a bit weird though
you shouldnt judge someone's experience by his number of posts; I already knew how to make imports before joining the kc mm

Quote from: Kyouma on March 14, 2013, 01:14:52 PM
you shouldnt judge someone's experience by his number of posts; I already knew how to make imports before joining the kc mm

i meant noob more as a newbie on the forums, so i meant it's nice to see new people around who already know how to do stuff.
and even got cool original ideas!

March 14, 2013, 02:31:18 PM #9123 Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:34:02 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Mariodk on March 14, 2013, 07:45:09 AM
what about use smooth view mode instead of flat view mode in 3ds max
since its the rig that is not rigth nothing with the model
and its hard to see these holes in flat view mode in 3ds max

Did that, that's how I'm fixing the holes. Like I said, normal blending (the button) makes it worse, each vertex has to be adjusted manually...unless there's a better way. :-\

to avoid holes just be sure that the vertices that should be together have the exact same weights, this is easiest by not using the blend tool, but by setting manual values.

March 14, 2013, 02:43:09 PM #9125 Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:55:10 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: joke king on March 14, 2013, 02:34:53 PM
to avoid holes just be sure that the vertices that should be together have the exact same weights, this is easiest by not using the blend tool, but by setting manual values.

Hmmm



Edit: Think I found out


Looking better mizer. There are still some holes on her paws. Between the white and pink circles. Also, you sure it doesn't crash the game? seems to have a lot of vertices.

March 14, 2013, 04:28:25 PM #9127 Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 04:30:05 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Iwvi on March 14, 2013, 04:26:47 PM
Looking better mizer. There are still some holes on her paws. Between the white and pink circles. Also, you sure it doesn't crash the game? seems to have a lot of vertices.

Nope, didn't crash once I reduced the texture size. I think it pushes Brawl to the limit as far as vertices goes



Nearly complete. in-game


Quote from: joke king on March 14, 2013, 12:09:04 PM
that cranky is a fantastic idea, great to see "good" noobs. xDDD

the shoulder rig seems a bit weird though

His shoulder rig is pretty weird, but it's a side effect of how I did the arms. His arm is modeled bent and rotated back slightly, so that DK's elbow joint become Cranky's wrist joint, and his canes become DK's hands.

And yeah, I've never posted before, but I've actually been hanging around for several months now, so I like to think I know I what I'm doing.


Quote from: mnsg on March 14, 2013, 11:57:18 AM
That Cranky Kong model strongly reminds me of Conkeldurr, to some extent.

Now that you mention it, I can see it, too. I didn't originally want Cranky to hold his canes like that, but it was the only way to make his wrist rigged to DK's elbow joint and still make sure his canes lined up with his forearms and his fists, and not float out in front of them.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Testing out importing methods using Maya. I know, the name of that program is likely verboten around here, but I'm a rebel like that.

Attempts at larger-scale things have failed, but since I can't tell if that's a problem with rigging, deleted polygons, yellow-eye bones, or having quads, I decided to start with something small. So I took non-yellow-eyed Samus into Maya and simply deleted a few things, then created a new object in their place. It imported fine in BrawlBox just fine this time, so now I just need to finish rebuilding the materials and shaders to see if it works in game.


Quote from: Kingskull95 on March 13, 2013, 01:30:35 AM
up comin project
Radien metal gear rising update 2



I might be dating myself here, but at first glance this reminded me of Guardian Bob from the Reboot tv series that I used to watch every Saturday  :)

MAYA SUCCESS.

Import Attempt #1:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Import Attempt #2:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Third Time's the Charm:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


No, I will not be putting this in the vault. 'Twas an experiment.
And experiment that proved the possibility of getting something from Maya to Brawlbox, even if to a small extent. I shall continue to investigate this phenomenon.

Thank you, and good night ladies and oh wait it's still afternoon here.


Quote from: Kage Ryu on March 15, 2013, 12:06:43 AMAnd experiment that proved the possibility of getting something from Maya to Brawlbox, even if to a small extent. I shall continue to investigate this phenomenon.

Thank you, and good night ladies and oh wait it's still afternoon here.

Congrats on this discovery, but you could've just asked me. :P
Maya has been compatible with BB ever since the release of the v0.64 beta.
Everyone seems to prefer 3ds Max or clung to information in tutorials on using 3ds Max for importing, so that's what the generally accepted program for importing has become.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on March 15, 2013, 12:14:11 AM
Congrats on this discovery, but you could've just asked me. :P
Maya has been compatible with BB ever since the release of the v0.64 beta.
Everyone seems to prefer 3ds Max or clung to information in tutorials on using 3ds Max for importing, so that's what the generally accepted program for importing has become.
But then, where would the fun in that be?

But yeah, lack of Maya tutorailage/usage is pretty much why I experimented on my own. I did use one of your tutorials to (sort of) figure out a problem I was having with importing during my larger-scale experiments, but I didn't know you had experience with Maya.


Progress update! The rig is almost complete!

I was surprised at the polygon count, as it must be the absolute limit; 17,000 polygons and over 9,000 vertices (seriously).