Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 784 785 786 [787] 788 789 790 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4724074 times)
Don Jon Bravo
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11790 on: September 28, 2013, 08:43:36 AM »

most of the hacks agent s work on come with nulled shaders, as they are early imports back in the day...

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11791 on: September 28, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »

Oficial game portrait

fanmade 3D model

this is why Touhou's fandom is very useful

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11792 on: September 28, 2013, 11:56:09 AM »

...Frankly Agent-S, I can't understand what you're saying. I can tell English isn't your first language though.

But if what I'm reading is correct, and you assume that no one takes requests because people don't want anime-style characters, then I think you're only half right.

People have imported the likes of Goku and Naruto with Brawl-like detail, while still retaining their anime appearance. Hell, Nintendo themselves imported Toon Link, a cartoony as hell character, and still gave him Brawl detail while retaining his toon look.

I've said it once, I'll say it again. People don't like clashing models. What that means is that you, the importer, is going to have to take up to a few extra hours, go the extra mile, and add some actual detail and shading to the model, or at the very LEAST, make it affected by the lighting. I would more than happily download the mod if it actually fit into the game, and didn't look like a flat Photoshop edit. And trust me when I say that even the anime has more shading than that.

And I'm usually a nice guy, I really am, but you don't want to see me when I get frustrated, a point where I'm beginning to reach.

I remember back in the days of vertexing when an overall mod would take me up to ten hours to complete. Textures and model both had to be manipulated, nothing was done for you. You had to work with what you had, you couldn't add or subtract. It was all about problem solving, finding out what you could and couldn't do, and cutting your es when you reached your limit. It took true ingenuity, and real problem-solving skills to get the job done and to make something worth writing home to mom about.

But now, it looks like that in the past two or three years the importing business has been out, you've grown fat and lazy in your comfort. Victory has defeated you, my friends. And while I can appreciate the skill it takes to rig a model, as it is something I cannot do, the ingenuity that made these mods fun in the first place isn't there.

That isn't to slander all of the good work that has come with imports. There are still matters of problem solving that need to be taken care of. For example, the Batman mod that Nano, Spex, and I just finished. We needed to find a way to give him a flowing cape, while still going over Snake. Spex found it. I then had to T-pose and modify the model to fit Snake's proportions. Nano then had to rig it, and import it. This came with all different manners of shader and texture issues, which were worked through in the beta stage. Nano then had to make the model not look completely flat, or the believability would be lost, which is when he added the spec map. And thus, you have the story of an XBox 360 HD model being toned down, rigged, and imported into a Wii game, and fitting perfectly.

Bottom line is this. I'm not going to twist your arm to make you make the Ichigo more detailed, or even to make it affected by light. You got the result you were looking for, so kudos to you, you achieved your vision. Just know that the vision you sought out clashes with the game, is visually off-putting, and frankly, looks to be the absolute minimalist approach.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11793 on: September 28, 2013, 12:07:50 PM »

i dont get why a lot of you guys are [censored]ing about
    "o it doesnt fit brawl, o it doesnt fit brawl"
    if you were to think like that, than no hacks in brawl would "fit" as there are so many characters that were not intended to be in the game Im srs here
    also:

to me this doesnt fit the smash bros series, but i hear less people [censored]ing about it than i hear about the mods being created here

But now, it looks like that in the past two or three years the importing business has been out, you've grown fat and lazy in your comfort. Victory has defeated you, my friends. And while I can appreciate the skill it takes to rig a model, as it is something I cannot do, the ingenuity that made these mods fun in the first place isn't there.

It frustates me to know that people think that this model importer thingy is a handout.  Many of my hacks had been delayed because of stupid mistakes that were hard to catch which made the whole process tedious at times.  But i do appreciate you stating that there is some ingenuity in the model import process.  It did take that "Ingenuity" to discover good working spec maps, and the same when one has to make major bone edits to fit someone like Alien over Yoshi.
    « Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:15:24 PM by FitMr.MW01.pcs » Logged

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11794 on: September 28, 2013, 12:19:36 PM »

@Black boo: I feel you there. I remember the vertexing days. I couldn't do much then, but It was amazing what people pulled of with limited resources. Now in the importing era, I am a fan of bone edits. Cause you can get very creative there. Like Snake's cape for batman. Or capes for falcon, or link (scarf and hat bones used). And many other proportion tweaks.

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11795 on: September 28, 2013, 12:26:51 PM »

if you were to think like that, than no hacks in brawl would "fit" as there are so many characters that were not intended to be in the game Im srs here
    also:

to me this doesnt fit the smash bros series, but i hear less people [censored]ing about it than i hear about the mods being created here

I think you're missing the point of my argument. I could care less if the character doesn't fit as far as being in the game goes. Naruto, Ichigo, Goku, hell, Inuyasha, bring 'em in!

The thing that people don't like, and that I'm trying to convey here, is that when something doesn't look like it fits visually, then it will cause a natural discomfort when looking at it. It's hard wired into the brain to be displeased by clashing visual image.

"Fitting into Brawl" isn't meaning if the character is intended or not, it's if they blend in with the other characters and look as if they do belong there. So if you're going to bring in every single member of the Touhou cast, at least go the extra mile and make them look like they belong in Brawl, and if you can't, try to cushion the visual blow in any way you can.

Don't get me started on the 3DS Smash, I think it looks fantastic. I'm going to go ahead and shut that potential argument right now by saying this.

It's a different game. It's a different SYSTEM. It's an all new art style for the series. The characters fit together, and it all looks like a cohesive image.

I'm not [censored]ing, I'm stating god damned facts, and probably saying what a lot of people are thinking (Iwvi just proved my point as I was typing this). If you want to discuss the finer points of the visual arts in these games with me, I invite you to "come at me bro."

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #11796 on: September 28, 2013, 12:38:15 PM »

also:

...cuz it fits the system well. Seriously. It's expected that the 3DS version isn't gonna have the same quality as the Wii U version, so this is how they're gonna do it.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #11797 on: September 28, 2013, 12:43:02 PM »

Gaiz

Stahp arguing.

Moar previews.

plz.
    « Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 03:03:22 PM by FitNanobuds06.pcs » Logged

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11798 on: September 28, 2013, 01:22:59 PM »

Moar previews.

plz.
    Yes, sir!

Still need to polish the rigging of her hair (it's rigged to Ike's headband, so it flows in the wind!), but I got her eyes working properly. All that's left after that is to make some sweet textures with shiny materials and shaders.

For the Hell of it, I also personalized her Eruption animation a bit:

She'll eventually get a PSA, but for now I'm keeping it as a more wi-fi safe version.

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11799 on: September 28, 2013, 01:54:46 PM »

Took me a moment to realize she's wearing pants. Tongue Looks pretty nice so far!

Model imports that match Brawl's style? Here?

Click for my stuff:

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11800 on: September 28, 2013, 02:03:16 PM »

Took me a moment to realize she's wearing pants. Tongue Looks pretty nice so far!

Model imports that match Brawl's style? Here?

Aye mate. Might want to work on the color or the texture a bit. Looking good otherwise.

I dunno you seem to do a pretty good job Pear

DarkBones
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11801 on: September 28, 2013, 02:29:04 PM »

Well, its really crappy so far (render's crappy too...), I probably won't finish it, and no one probably cares, but here's the model I'm working on for the character redesign thing I'm thinking about doing:

Sup, I'm just DarkBones from SMWCentral. I probably won't be releasing any mods, but who knows?...

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11802 on: September 28, 2013, 02:34:31 PM »

To make a summation of Black Boo's posts in the form of a smilie:

What Agent-S is basically doing with Ichigo by putting him in Brawl the way he is like if they had animated the Looney Toons into Space Jam without any regard for shading or lighting and just left them flat colored through-out the whole movie, which would not only be visually jarring, but would snap the Willing Suspension of Disbelief like a cliché'd twig.

To use a visual metaphor: This is the equivalent of what Agent-S is doing:

Pretty clear that Tweety doesn't look like he's actually there with Michael, now is he? Tweety in this pic represents Ichigo, Michael represents Brawl.

Now compare that with this:

Sure, they don't have photorealistic detail, but the point is that the shading makes Bugs and Lola appear to have depth, like they are actually inside a 3-Dimensional space, and are actually there with Michael, as opposed to if they had no shading at all. They are also affected by the lighting.

Agent-S' Ichigo isn't. So he looks flat, and lacks depth. He may have achieved his desired goal, but for quite a few people, it -no punintendo- falls flat.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 02:36:23 PM by Velen » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #11803 on: September 28, 2013, 02:40:44 PM »

Jeez, let the guy do what he wants. Nobody wants the self-appointed "Vault Quality Control" policing their hacks.

Strive to impress yourself first, everyone else comes second.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #11804 on: September 28, 2013, 03:04:37 PM »

Everyone has their own style of textures.

If you guys don't like his stuff, then for download it.

Just let it goooooooo.

Pages:  1 ... 784 785 786 [787] 788 789 790 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: