WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Kyouma on January 12, 2014, 11:24:42 PM

the art of optimizing
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Mind sharing your optimization secrets? Whenever i try to optimize something it ends up looking so fugly .___.
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 13, 2014, 12:47:56 AM
While I'm still waiting for Pervy to tell me if he was able to map the overalls to Luigi's overall texture since Mario's is literally impossible to map to the model, like seriously, Mario's overall texture was already mapped strangely, and he couldn't get the overalls to be correctly mapped to it, here's some eye movement, hurt eyes, and SuperStar Saga texture version.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That Mario is looking pretty sweet there, fella. ;D

Quote from: Mr.Doggie on January 13, 2014, 12:50:46 AM
Mind sharing your optimization secrets? Whenever i try to optimize something it ends up looking so fugly .___.
Its not really hard, but takes its time.. detatch every significant object, then use wield, then pro=optimizer on every object. Increase or decrease the percentage depending on how good or bad is the object looking, and at the end, attach again all the detatched objects which has the same texture.. or depending on how easier would the rig be if theire separated

Finished the model, just gotta start rigging it.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'm not dead! I've just been busy.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Click for my stuff:


Quote from: DemonBoy on January 13, 2014, 02:20:54 AM
Finished the model, just gotta start rigging it.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Looks amazing, can't wait!

So, here some in-game screens. Fixed the rigging up a little bit, but it's still iffy for the most part. I'm going to try to get the hanging "cloth"(?) in the front and back to have the effects of Ike's cape.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

Quote from: DemonBoy on January 13, 2014, 02:20:54 AM
Finished the model, just gotta start rigging it.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The booty texture looks kinda odd. The rest of the model looks great!

January 13, 2014, 04:03:53 AM #12727 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:05:03 AM by DemonBoy
Quote from: Nanobuds on January 13, 2014, 03:54:49 AM
The booty texture looks kinda odd. The rest of the model looks great!

Yeah, that was an old texture I forgot to change when doing the renders. It isn't as bright in the final texture.

it's supposed to look more along the lines of this

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

@convour:
i'd single bind the mask, i think it isn't supposed to bend at all, and it looks odd in the idle animation...

January 13, 2014, 10:27:42 PM #12729 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:21:08 AM by TurboChaos
Just need to rig the hands. Any feedback on the rig would be nice.

Quote from: Peardian on January 13, 2014, 02:33:16 AM
I'm not dead! I've just been busy.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

How am I the only one who seemed to notice this? :o
Who is he rigged over, or did you make a simple bone set to rig him to?
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

January 14, 2014, 03:15:23 AM #12731 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:16:44 AM by Peardian
Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 13, 2014, 11:10:59 PMWho is he rigged over, or did you make a simple bone set to rig him to?
I make my own rigging for all my models because I don't make these for Brawl hacks. Limiting myself to only using rigging from the existing character roster would severely limit the kinds of characters I would be able to make and would require me to make numerous compromises in the choices I'd have left.

I wouldn't call the rig "simple", though. His cape alone has ~30 bones in it.
Click for my stuff:


Quote from: Peardian on January 14, 2014, 03:15:23 AM
I wouldn't call the rig "simple", though. His cape alone has ~30 bones in it.
:patrick:
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Peardian on January 14, 2014, 03:15:23 AM
I wouldn't call the rig "simple", though. His cape alone has ~30 bones in it.

Wait...why?  The Brawl character capes only have 9 bones.  Heck even Peach/Zelda's dresses don't have that many bones iirc.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on January 14, 2014, 08:05:48 AM
Wait...why?  The Brawl character capes only have 9 bones.  Heck even Peach/Zelda's dresses don't have that many bones iirc.

because it isn't for brawl, he said it himself in the same post you quoted...